jdesigns

Confused

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all. I was wondering if the following situation happened to anyone. Last Thursday was my interview for the k1 visa. Things were going well. At the end of the interview, the person who was interviewing me told me I did not have enough evidence. Instead of declining me for the visa, she told me they were going to forward something to Washington DC. Then if approved I send my passport with more evidence of ongoing relationship. Has anyone had this happen before? This was at the American embassy in Amman.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all. I was wondering if the following situation happened to anyone. Last Thursday was my interview for the k1 visa. Things were going well. At the end of the interview, the person who was interviewing me told me I did not have enough evidence. Instead of declining me for the visa, she told me they were going to forward something to Washington DC. Then if approved I send my passport with more evidence of ongoing relationship. Has anyone had this happen before? This was at the American embassy in Amman.

Sounds like AP. Which is fairly normal.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

There is no way to know how long AP can last....and either one. The good news is that you can check this first part I your AP on the embassy website. You will enter in your passport number and it will give you your status.

Once DC finishes your names checks the embassy wants you to send additional evidence....at this point they are going to review the documents that you send, so you will have to wait for that too...more AP/AR. There is no way to check your AP once you send the documents, except to periodically email the embassy or call DOS.

Hopefully the DC checks won't be that long. It is really anyones guess to how long either one will take.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Timeline

There is no way to know how long AP can last....and either one. The good news is that you can check this first part I your AP on the embassy website. You will enter in your passport number and it will give you your status.

Once DC finishes your names checks the embassy wants you to send additional evidence....at this point they are going to review the documents that you send, so you will have to wait for that too...more AP/AR. There is no way to check your AP once you send the documents, except to periodically email the embassy or call DOS.

Hopefully the DC checks won't be that long. It is really anyones guess to how long either one will take.

I have typed my passport number but for some reason it says passport number not found. Do u think it's too early to check? Also you said I have to send in more evidence. Do i do this before or after the AP is done.?

Timeline

I have typed my passport number but for some reason it says passport number not found. Do u think it's too early to check? Also you said I have to send in more evidence. Do i do this before or after the AP is done.?

I only said that about the more evidence because they told you to send it with your passport.

When you entered your passport number, did you make sure to include the letter before the numbers?

If it's not found, email them at that email address on the passport page and tell them that the site says your passport is not found. Ask them about it.

I find that when I email a few hours before the embassy opens, I get a quicker response.

My fiance also had AP for name checks in Washington DC...it took about 6 weeks! Best of luck to you guys!!!

AOS Journey:
07/11/11 Express mailed AOS, EAD, & AP
07/14/11 Check is cashed!
07/14/11 3 text msgs with case numbers
07/15/11 NOA1
09/12/11 Biometrics Appt.

09/19/11 EAD & AP combo card arrived today!!!

10/27/11 AOS Interview in Portland, text from USCIS that card is in production!!
11/04/11 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

ROC Journey

07/27/13 (90 days prior to Green Card expiration)

07/30/13 Mailed ROC package today!

08/01/13 NOA 1

08/02/13 Check cashed

08/28/13 Biometrics appointment

10/02/13 Card in Production!

If it's not showing up yet, it's probably too early. I would just keep checking...we filed in Cyprus and didn't have the option to check online unfortunately but we just called DOS once or twice a week.

AOS Journey:
07/11/11 Express mailed AOS, EAD, & AP
07/14/11 Check is cashed!
07/14/11 3 text msgs with case numbers
07/15/11 NOA1
09/12/11 Biometrics Appt.

09/19/11 EAD & AP combo card arrived today!!!

10/27/11 AOS Interview in Portland, text from USCIS that card is in production!!
11/04/11 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

ROC Journey

07/27/13 (90 days prior to Green Card expiration)

07/30/13 Mailed ROC package today!

08/01/13 NOA 1

08/02/13 Check cashed

08/28/13 Biometrics appointment

10/02/13 Card in Production!

DOS?

Department of State

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

There are so many numbers in the DOS website. Which one do I use?

202-663-1225

you need to have your case number (AMM20....) ready and both of your birthdates. Ohhh, and press 1 and then 0.

Edited by illnevergetthis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.