Sign in to follow this  
Missingfamily

Ds230 document question.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My question is about the following. We sent in all the required documents, but just photocopies... I did call NVC and yes they did say just photocopies are fine of all these required documents. Where my wife is from there's not a notary. They are all just as mentioned b4 just photocopies. Do you think it will be Ok? anyone know from experience? She is in Russia right now and I'm here waiting for her.. I130 is approved and all visa fees are paid. Affidavit of support is processed and Ok. The ds230 should be reviewed this week according to their timeline. She has all the original documents at her home. Can she just take them to the embassy during interview? Id like to know if we will be ok or not, Ive met some of the rudest people working at the NVC and they really couldnt care less about my questions. Thanks!

Original Document Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States must submit to the NVC original documents issued by an appropriate authority, or certified copies of those documents listed in this section.

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you must also submit to the NVC a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

Translation is accurate, and

Translator is competent to translate.

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Birth Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificates

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Petitioner Documents

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Photographs

Police Certificates

Adoption Documentation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is just no way to know until they notify you--be prepared to send all the originals if that is their decision, and also be prepared to laugh and dance if they say take everything to the embassy !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.