ashley808

After Interview?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I was curious as to the wait for the Visa after the interview? Has anyone on here Completed a IR-1 in Haiti? What's the amount of time that you waited to receive your Visa? Our interview is september 26th, And I want to plan something on October 8th back in Texas. But I'm not sure if she will be here in time. What's the shortest anyone has waited and the longest? She seems to think it is 10 days. Does anybody know?

Ashley,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

IT took my husband ten days to receive his after the interview. K1 visa. They are notoriously bad though, LIke telling ppl the interview is one day and when you get there saying oops, we meant next week. etc. If its a big thing you are planning, I'd put it off til the visa is in hand, or at the very least approved.

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Timeline

I was curious as to the wait for the Visa after the interview? Has anyone on here Completed a IR-1 in Haiti? What's the amount of time that you waited to receive your Visa? Our interview is september 26th, And I want to plan something on October 8th back in Texas. But I'm not sure if she will be here in time. What's the shortest anyone has waited and the longest? She seems to think it is 10 days. Does anybody know?

Ashley,

Hi, my case was just completed at the NVC on July 5th. I haven't received an interview date yet and I noticed that you have one late September. Can you please tell me how long you waited before you were issued the interview date and when you completed your case....thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

IT took my husband ten days to receive his after the interview. K1 visa. They are notoriously bad though, LIke telling ppl the interview is one day and when you get there saying oops, we meant next week. etc. If its a big thing you are planning, I'd put it off til the visa is in hand, or at the very least approved.

Ok, well thanks for the response and advice.. I guess it is different for every case.. I am seeing some quicker and some longer. I know that my best friend here in the states did a IR-1 for his mother and they told her the same but they called the very next day and said it was ready, she flew in the very next day!! So I'm not sure if it is different for K-1 then IR-1/CR-1 I guess that I will soon find out!!

Ashley,

Timeline

Hi, my case was just completed at the NVC on JulyThh. I haven't received an interview date yet and I noticed that you have one late September. Can you please tell me how long you waited before you were issued the interview date and when you completed your case....thanks!

Our case was Completed on May 12th 2011. I called on June 15th, and they told me that that was when it was approved by the NVC. They also said it was completed on that date and sent to the Embassy in PAP after. She said that they do the Scheduling during the first 2 weeks of every month depending on the work load that they are carrying at that time and since it was The 15th and I hadn't heard anything yet then it would more then likely be July. Sure enough I received the E-mail with the info on July 6th, and the Interview date was set for September 26, 2011 at 07:00 am.. I hope that all this helps! They might get it in on time for you to receive the notice in August, but more then likely it will be September, then the Interview in November? Not sure but that how ours went...

Ashley,

Edited by ashley808

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Our case was Completed on May 12th 2011. I called on June 15th, and they told me that that was when it was approved by the NVC. They also said it was completed on that date and sent to the Embassy in PAP after. She said that they do the Scheduling during the first 2 weeks of every month depending on the work load that they are carrying at that time and since it was The 15th and I hadn't heard anything yet then it would more then likely be July. Sure enough I received the E-mail with the info on July 6th, and the Interview date was set for September 26, 2011 at 07:00 am.. I hope that all this helps! They might get it in on time for you to receive the notice in August, but more then likely it will be September, then the Interview in November? Not sure but that how ours went...

Ashley,

WOW I've been researching to try and understand the timeline for the interview wait and now i see that's 3-4 months!! and wow that is what i call a long wait!! thanks for the info Ashleyblush.gif

USCIS

04/19/2011 - NOA1

05/09/2011 - NOA2 text message and email received

05/17/2011 - Case received at NVC

05/20/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter in USPS mail.

NVC

05/17/2011 - NVC Receive (No case number assigned yet)

05/18/2011 - NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN number / Gave Emails

05/18/2011 - DS-3032 Sent to NVC (via email)

05/19/2011 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC, AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - AOS Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - AOS Fee - PAID

05/19/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee - Paid

06/02/2011 - DS-230 Packet Sent

06/02/2011 - AOS I-864 Sent

05/03/2011 - All the Paperwork Received at NVC

07/19/2011 - Sign in Failed (SIF)

07/19/2011 - NVC Case Complete!!!!

(16 weeks from NVC case closed to Interview date assigned 11/02/2011)

12/13/2011 - Interview date!!!!

11/21/2011 - Medical DONE

12/13/2011 - Interview done APPROVED!!!!

12/21/2011 - Entry to US JFK!!!!

California Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.