Slightly Bonkers

Got my Driving Licence!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I've been so lucky, with wonderful friends, here and at home - but I needed to brag to people who understand from an immigrant's point of view.

I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!

1 week short of my 3 years here, I passed my road test the first time, here in Wisconsin. I grew up in Dublin, Ireland, and never needed to drive, so never bothered learning. For the 1st year here I had a fear of driving, for the second year I was too lazy to practice, and 3 months after renewing my Temps, I passed my road test.

I'm surprisingly proud, and it does seem like an 'americanization'; moving from the idea of the biking European (I still bike to and from work 9 months a year) to the car driving american. But, it was a real rite of passage and I've been overwhelmed by the congratulations!

Ok - Bragging done!

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

I've been so lucky, with wonderful friends, here and at home - but I needed to brag to people who understand from an immigrant's point of view.

1 week short of my 3 years here, I passed my road test the first time, here in Wisconsin. I grew up in Dublin, Ireland, and never needed to drive, so never bothered learning. For the 1st year here I had a fear of driving, for the second year I was too lazy to practice, and 3 months after renewing my Temps, I passed my road test.

I'm surprisingly proud, and it does seem like an 'americanization'; moving from the idea of the biking European (I still bike to and from work 9 months a year) to the car driving american. But, it was a real rite of passage and I've been overwhelmed by the congratulations!

Ok - Bragging done!

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congradulations

Wisconsin is a great biking state travel often to Madison to ride .

I need you to talk with my Betty when she gets over.

She seldom drives in Ire and refuses to even think about driving here. Says we drive on the wrong side of the road

LOL

Ok - Bragging done!

Edited by Ironman140

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Congratulations! DH has him driving exam in two weeks and he is nervous about driving as well. How did you get over the fear of driving?

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Congrats! I am also taking my test soon and I am so nervous!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

congratulations !

to celebrate, can update yer ROC timeline up at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=38373 ??

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Congrats! I am also taking my test soon and I am so nervous!

so do i! on august 09, 11 at 2p.m lol!!!!! excited.

AOS/EAD

o5-29-08--SENT THE AOS PACKAGE TO USCIS

o5-31-08--Item was delivered at 5:35 AM in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

o6-04-08--USCIS recieved the AOS and EAD package

o6-10-08--AOS and EAD NOA date

o6-14-08--Recieved a AOS and EAD notice for Biometric on June 24, 2008

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD Biometrics done today! @ 9:00 a.m in West Palm Fl.

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o6-25-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o7-08-08--AOS case transfered to CSC

o7-11-08--AOS case pending at CSC

o8-07-08--EAD Card Production Ordered today!CRIS

o8-14-08--AOS touched

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS Welcoming for a new resident in the USA

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS EAD notice approval

o8-15-08--EAD card arrived in the mail, EAD was approved in 70 days.

o8-18-08--Received hard copy of WELCOME LETTER as a new resident in the USA

o8-25-08--GREEN CARD Card Production Ordered

o8-29-08--AOS Approved! without Interview

o9-02-08--Received GREEN CARD with out INTERVIEW, with out RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.