immi_mygc

Maiden Name to Married Name after I-130 approved.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Spouse I-130 approved with her Maiden Name & it is at NVC. PD is not yet current but NVC asked for IV fees/documents including for new born son. While applying for son's passport in India it is required parents passport with spouse's name included. So requesting wife's new passport, so I would like get it changed to married name. Spouse will have both passports new with married name and cancelled previous passport with maiden name. Would this be issue since I-130 is approved with maiden name. NVC is fine as long as produce copy of new passport with request of name change.

I-130 (F2A) filed NoA1-08/19/2010, Approval-12/25/2010 :) @CSC

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you don't have to change your passport to you married name,if you have many years left on the passport,when you get your permanent resident card you can traval internationaly,if you want to traval buy the airlines tickets in maiden name to match your passport name ./ when coming back home at the peo you use your permanent resident card. if you came to the us on cr-i visa, in three years you can apply for us citizenship, then you can get american us passport,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Spouse I-130 approved with her Maiden Name & it is at NVC. PD is not yet current but NVC asked for IV fees/documents including for new born son. While applying for son's passport in India it is required parents passport with spouse's name included. So requesting wife's new passport, so I would like get it changed to married name. Spouse will have both passports new with married name and cancelled previous passport with maiden name. Would this be issue since I-130 is approved with maiden name. NVC is fine as long as produce copy of new passport with request of name change.

That shouldn't pose any troubles later in life so far you have a marriage certificate to back it up. Although, you should have used her married name if you had filed after your wedding but if not the case it doesnt matter.

I have a question for you. Did you file I130 petition for your new son separately or did you just mention him on the mother's petition?

Goodluck.

I-130 Track:

May 20, 2013: I-130 Sent

May 22, 2013: Priority Date

May 28, 2013: NOA1 Received

Aug 08, 2013: NOA2 Approved

Aug 12, 2013: NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC Track:

Aug 26, 2013: NVC received file

Sept 05, 2013: NVC Case # and IIN assigned

Sept 09, 2013: DS-261 (Choice of Agent) completed online

Sept 10, 2013: Received AOS via email and paid ($88)

Sept 11, 2013: AOS ($88) shows paid on NVC

Sept 12, 2013: AOS Package sent to NVC, delivered (Sept 16, 2013) & AOS Package accepted (Oct 11, 2013)

Oct 07, 2013: Received IV Invoice and paid ($460), rejected and payment re-submitted (Oct 17, 2013)

Oct 16, 2013: IV Package sent to NVC & IV Package delivered (Oct 18, 2013)

Oct 21, 2013: IV fee shows paid on NVC, DS-260 completed online & IV Package in system for review

Oct 31, 2013: Embassy change request submitted & Embassy changed (Nov 6, 2013)

Nov 13, 2013: Case completed @ NVC

Dec 02, 2013: Interview Appt Letter received via email

Jan 10, 2014: Medicals done

Jan 30, 2014: Interview Date & Visa approved

Feb 06, 2014: Visa picked up

Feb 27, 2014: POE, Houston Texas (Family re-union completed)

CITIZENSHIP Track:

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years

11-18-2013: Eligibility Date

11-14-2013: Application Sent

11-18-2013: Application Received and Priority Date

11-21-2013: Money Order Cashed

11-26-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

12-02-2013: Bio-metric Date (Walk in. Original date: 12/12/13)

01-16-2014: In-line for Interview

03-03-2014: Interview Letter Received

04-01-2014: Interview Passed

04-23-2014: Oath Ceremony and Passport Applied for with my son

05-14-2014: All US passport received (Son and Myself)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.