Bad_Daddy

California lawmakers pass bill to teach gay history

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why is a law like this necessary? Historic contributions are taught based on their relevance. Nobody goes into detail about the sexual orientation of most historic figures because it is typically not relevant to their contribution. That is, if Albert Einstein slept with men (honestly, I don't know much about his personal life) we would talk about him in relation to special relativity. It is irrelevant who he slept with. There is speculation that Alexander the Great was bisexual. But we talk about him in world history because he conquered most of the known world.

Agreed, this law strikes me as a waste of time. Teach them art and music in this time instead, most good artists and musicians are/were gay/bi/bicurious anyway so it's the same thing :)

Edited by \

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yet it's you Paul, YOU (not me) who is dismissing the inhabitants of a diverse, populous state based on your personal preconceptions and political biases. Only in your world is that not bigoted.

Is that all you have the balls to do? Sit back and call people bigots.

That's all you do. Day in and day out on these boards is call people names/bigots. You never argue any real points, you just sit back and name call. You're starting to sound a lot like Rob actually, which is really sad.

Seperating race, gender, and sexual orientation is the worst thing we can continue to do. The more we treat people differently, the most animosity there is going to be towards certain groups. Do you realize that this younger generation is one of the worst closeted racist groups in a generation or two? Those are the dangerous ones and the ones you have to worry about at the end of the day. Their racism and animosity doesn't come from their parents, it's from seeing their peers of a different race treated different, treated with special attention, focus on them as a seperate group of people and not as one of them.

Its bigoted to treat us a seperate groups and not as one. Not the way you are trying to spin it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not trying to spin anything. You are broadbrushing the inhabitants of California based on your personal prejudices. That makes you bigoted.

You can carry on assuming that I'm part of some magical leftist conspiracy but all that proves is that you are deluded

Edited by fishdude

Agreed, this law strikes me as a waste of time. Teach them art and music in this time instead, most good artists and musicians are/were gay/bi/bicurious anyway so it's the same thing :)

Art and music? lol ? They can learn that ####### on their own time and dime. Math, English, Social Studies...teach em that stuff. It's tax payers $$$ that funds all this ####### so might as well teach them the basics.

On a side note, I see the new normal parents in California pulling their kids out for private schools or home schooling.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Well... he's not the sharpest tool in the proverbial shed ;)

You must be in heaven now that California is getting ready to teach ** sexual history in the public schools.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I find it interesting that you don't consider science to be part of the basics.

Science would be good instead of Treehugging and Relative Cuteness of Woodland Creatures.

ETA: Funnier

Edited by Some Old Guy

Seperating race, gender, and sexual orientation is the worst thing we can continue to do. The more we treat people differently, the most animosity there is going to be towards certain groups. Do you realize that this younger generation is one of the worst closeted racist groups in a generation or two? Those are the dangerous ones and the ones you have to worry about at the end of the day. Their racism and animosity doesn't come from their parents, it's from seeing their peers of a different race treated different, treated with special attention, focus on them as a seperate group of people and not as one of them.

Its bigoted to treat us a seperate groups and not as one. Not the way you are trying to spin it.

:thumbs:

Timeline

You must be in heaven now that California is getting ready to teach ** sexual history in the public schools.

I'm not a "**" if that's what you're trying to get at, nor do i live in California for that matter either. But you've validated my previous post anyway. Thanks for that.

I'm not a "**" if that's what you're trying to get at, nor do i live in California for that matter either. But you've validated my previous post anyway. Thanks for that.

I never insinuated that you were a ** sexual, I just know how much you like this totalitarian commie bolshevik bs that comes with the ultra libs like Nancy Pelosi.

If California wanted to improve their school system then they might try teaching more math and accounting classes...like a class on how to balance a budget. Throw in a class on what's illegal about illegal immigration and that state might have half a chance. But seeing how California is a cess pool for the ultra lib ignorant hand outs....well it's going to be a busted state soon enough. Then all those Cali libs are going to cry to the Feds for a bail out.

sigbet.jpg

I never insinuated that you were a ** sexual, I just know how much you like this totalitarian commie bolshevik bs that comes with the ultra libs like Nancy Pelosi.

If California wanted to improve their school system then they might try teaching more math and accounting classes...like a class on how to balance a budget. Throw in a class on what's illegal about illegal immigration and that state might have half a chance. But seeing how California is a cess pool for the ultra lib ignorant hand outs....well it's going to be a busted state soon enough. Then all those Cali libs are going to cry to the Feds for a bail out.

You want the education system to teach to your biases?

How about teaching them traditional math, science and writing classes and leave the political agenda for after-hours when they sit around the dinner table with grandpappy?

Timeline

You know nothing about me kip, but you do love to guess.

This story is written to outrage people who kneejerk at suggestions of political correctness. You may not notice that the story is very light on actual details, it's supposed to be because the objective is to make you angry and vent off about California.

If you don't know what the facts are, then your opinions on the subject can only be ignorant. That's why it pays to be less opinionated when it comes to stories like this, you only make yourself look a #######.

You want the education system to teach to your biases?

How about teaching them traditional math, science and writing classes and leave the political agenda for after-hours when they sit around the dinner table with grandpappy?

Did I say anything about teaching politics in a public school? No I did not. I said teach them the basics....like how to balance a check book and/or budget. Teach them ENGLISH words like what ILLEGAL means as in ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. IF you knew anything about California you would know that the illegals there are breaking that state.

btw, when California does go broke, I'm throwing a party like this sh*t hole village hasn't seen in ages...if ever. It's going to be party city and it should be soon seeing how California is going down quicker than a $20 crack h0. :dance:

sigbet.jpg

You know nothing about me kip, but you do love to guess.

This story is written to outrage people who kneejerk at suggestions of political correctness. You may not notice that the story is very light on actual details, it's supposed to be because the objective is to make you angry and vent off about California.

If you don't know what the facts are, then your opinions on the subject can only be ignorant. That's why it pays to be less opinionated when it comes to stories like this, you only make yourself look a #######.

Since when did Reuters news service become biased? Nothing biased in that story...it just stated the facts.

sigbet.jpg