17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Flash/Quartercloud--

I may not be able to answer your question satisfactorily but am replying from my own perspective of having similar frustrations (and of being one of top runners up in the Global ####### Retentiveness Award Ceremony this past year :) ).

First of all, most individuals here have seemed follow the example forms on the guide page which you will find here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Even after seeing these exammple forms, I too had questions which I asked here on VJ and got helpful answers but opinions were sometimes divided. (Yet, I noticed that those on opposite sides of these answers to fine detail questions were not hindered in their own process so...) After months of agonizing over my I-129F preparation details, I decided to do the best I could and send off what I had and if I did something wrong according to whoever looked over the packet, I figured they would let me know. Which I rationalized would be better than me delaying in sending off the packet (and as you can see by my auto-signature, I did make an error but it was remedied it fairly quick order.)

So in short: (1) use the best answer(s) you can get from VJ members (2) use the form examples as best you can (3) looks like you've researched well, so use your best judgment backed up by #'s (1) and (2) and then (4) and, most importantly, follow what is probably the best advice given by others in this thread which is not to over-analyze or get too stressed because: most likely all will be fine.

Don't know if this helped, Flash, but please do not hesitate to ask additional questions and let us know how things are going. We may all have different levels of experience/inexperience or knowledge in regards to this visa process but we each do the best we can with what we know and discover along the way.

A very sincere wish for the best of luck to you and your fiance in your own visa journey!

--RK

Thanks, I needed that. And I appreciate you tone, too. This process has made a monster out of me. Onward and upward!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Flash/Quatercloud--You are very welcome. Glad to help. And, yup, I indeed understand about those Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde moments, too!!! "Onward and upward!" : Yes, well said!! Be seeing you along the journey because for the present looks like many of us are in same boat together for a good while.

--RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.