304 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

I am April of 2010 so what year do you speak about? We just got our interview date.

Hi Adil

This is for CR1 i-130 May 2011 filers...you are probably past this stage.

Good Luck in your interview

Edited by cipollina

Timeline

I received a text bright and early today that my case has been updated ( did not know that VSC starts work this early in the morning).I went on the USCIS site and it says that it is an RFE. I have sort of expected this because i did not include any pictures in my application. This is good news to me because they "touched" my case in 2 months and 2 days from the receipt date. I believe that this also means that my background check has been cleared. What do you guys think? I should have included those pictures in that package so I would have received that " approved" text, but a "touch" is better than nothing..grrrrrrrrrrrr

Any suggestions what else should I include on my response to the RFE other than pictures?

Any updates from you guys?

Edited by cipollina

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

VSC has historically been slower than the rest of them.

I would like to think that might be more expedited requests due to the Japan's situation and also a lot of applications from Haiti requesting extended stay or adjustment of status. It is true that the fees keep going up but than again keep in mind that so does the deficit :P

I will pay whatever they want us to pay as long as they bring my spouse here quickly

Some people say that this long proccess is a test and worth the wait. I say it might be worth the wait but it is definitly not a test to how strong the union could be.I have collected all documents and i am ready to go as soon as i get that e-mail/text. 2 months is not a long time by most standarts but it feels like a life time.

hi I know Its kinda sptupid, but how would you know if csc already received your package? thanks

Edited by pars

Timeline

hi I know Its kinda sptupid, but how would you know if csc already received your package? thanks

I sent mine overnight through USPS. Express packages provide a tracking number. Depending on what service you use to mail your application you can go on their website and punch in your tracking number. I also requested a return signature which is delivered to your house with the signature of the person who signed for your package. You can get this info at the time you drop off your envelope to the postal service that you choose to use

Hope this helps

Timeline

I received a text bright and early today that my case has been updated ( did not know that VSC starts work this early in the morning).I went on the USCIS site and it says that it is an RFE. I have sort of expected this because i did not include any pictures in my application. This is good news to me because they "touched" my case in 2 months and 2 days from the receipt date. I believe that this also means that my background check has been cleared. What do you guys think? I should have included those pictures in that package so I would have received that " approved" text, but a "touch" is better than nothing..grrrrrrrrrrrr

Any suggestions what else should I include on my response to the RFE other than pictures?

I just spoke to a tire 2 representative at the USCIS. They cannot see the content of an RFE. The lady was very helpful with my other questions but no help on the RFE one.

I am so mad at myself for taking the time to create a cover page for the packet but apparently forgot to include more evidence

Does anyone know what this kind of RFE ask for? My understanding is that has nothing to do with the correct filling of the I-130 otherwise they would have not cashed the check

Your experiences with RFE are much appreciated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just spoke to a tire 2 representative at the USCIS. They cannot see the content of an RFE. The lady was very helpful with my other questions but no help on the RFE one.

I am so mad at myself for taking the time to create a cover page for the packet but apparently forgot to include more evidence

Does anyone know what this kind of RFE ask for? My understanding is that has nothing to do with the correct filling of the I-130 otherwise they would have not cashed the check

Your experiences with RFE are much appreciated

Have you gotten a hard copy of your RFE so far? Without that it's really hard to guess about RFE's cause.

It looks like pretty soon we gonna start seeing first May filers' NOA2s.

Timeline

Have you gotten a hard copy of your RFE so far? Without that it's really hard to guess about RFE's cause.

It looks like pretty soon we gonna start seeing first May filers' NOA2s.

HI NIckky

I did get a hard copy of the RFE 2 days later in the mail and send the reply yesterday overnight express ( due to the weekend). I am so ready for the NOA2 :)

Hope to hear some good news for your NOA2 Nickky

Good luck

Edited by cipollina

Timeline

HI NIckky

I did get a hard copy of the RFE 2 days later in the mail and send the reply yesterday overnight express ( due to the weekend). I am so ready for the NOA2 :)

Hope to hear some good news for your NOA2 Nickky

Good luck

Thanks a lot :thumbs:!

To be honest, I'm probably the most careless person on VJ about getting NOA2 :pop:. Whenever it's supposed to happen - it will pop up. I have more worries right now, so getting NOA2 is somehow not a big concern at this point. Still, it would be really nice to have an interview scheduled somewhere before January because of her PCC's expiration in January. So then it's gonna be be a pain in the neck to get a newer for her from Ukraine. Gone those times when the person's presence was not required for getting one. Now you have to show up on person, fill out application etc.

So I have no clue what to do when it happens because my wife doesn't seem to be willing to go back to Ukraine and get a newer one.

And honestly, since she left Ukraine in January of 2005 I don't see any logical reason to get another PCC which will cover her staying till 2005. She got one right now and it clearly says about her no criminal past, so what is the point of updating PCC in her case? If this PCC states about no criminal issues as of January 2005 (issued in January 2011), how could it be possible to mess with your past (before she came in 2005 to Canada) between January 2011 and possible interview date?

I mean, if she has no criminal issues before 2005 as of January 2011, how could they appear within January 2011 - future :wacko: ?

If the IO has any logical thinking and is smart enough, he(she) will get it and accept that expired PCC.

P.S. Any more news from other May filers?

Edited by nickky

Timeline

Thanks a lot :thumbs:!

To be honest, I'm probably the most careless person on VJ about getting NOA2 :pop:. Whenever it's supposed to happen - it will pop up. I have more worries right now, so getting NOA2 is somehow not a big concern at this point. Still, it would be really nice to have an interview scheduled somewhere before January because of her PCC's expiration in January. So then it's gonna be be a pain in the neck to get a newer for her from Ukraine. Gone those times when the person's presence was not required for getting one. Now you have to show up on person, fill out application etc.

So I have no clue what to do when it happens because my wife doesn't seem to be willing to go back to Ukraine and get a newer one.

And honestly, since she left Ukraine in January of 2005 I don't see any logical reason to get another PCC which will cover her staying till 2005. She got one right now and it clearly says about her no criminal past, so what is the point of updating PCC in her case? If this PCC states about no criminal issues as of January 2005 (issued in January 2011), how could it be possible to mess with your past (before she came in 2005 to Canada) between January 2011 and possible interview date?

I mean, if she has no criminal issues before 2005 as of January 2011, how could they appear within January 2011 - future :wacko: ?

If the IO has any logical thinking and is smart enough, he(she) will get it and accept that expired PCC.

P.S. Any more news from other May filers?

Nickky

Your logic makes sense but that does not necessarily mean that it will make sense for the CO...that is why immigration is such a complicated mess.

I am no expert in the PCC as my spouse has to get jut the Albanian ones but my understanding is that the Co needs all of them if the person lived in one place for more than six month after the age of 16. The PCC have an expiration date so i guess this is the logic that the PCC uses when processing applications.A person can go back to a certain country and commit a crime and than take off.

I am not sure if the same applies to Ukrain, but in Albania one can still send someone else to obtain legal documents on their behalf as long as they have a notarized statement saying that this person has been appointed by you to take care of this matter. ( not sure if it can be applied on the PCC case)

Vj is not the place i am obsessed with either but i do quit some reading around here. It is a good source of information.( lawyers are useless and expensive)In return i like to share my knowledge with the people here that helped me in the first place. Sometimes is the perfect place to vent out about immigration :)

I wish you luck in this journey Nickky and a speedy processing

It seems like there is not a lot of CR1 I-130 filers around here

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yesterday VSC finally send the message that they have resumed processing of our petition

What is the time frame of between Resumed Processing to NOA2 at VSC? Anyone has experience with this?

Timeline

Yesterday VSC finally send the message that they have resumed processing of our petition

What is the time frame of between Resumed Processing to NOA2 at VSC? Anyone has experience with this?

I've called USCIS today to see if there were any news on my case. The answer - case is still pending. The lady from USCIS was not even provide me with info if the background check-up at least was completed. I've seen on VJ someone called the USCIS and they told that the background check-up has been completed within 2 months

The reason I called USCIS - me and my wife flying from Chicago to Mexico on vacation at the end of August and I hoped to get some info on what were her chances to be OK'd on entering the US from Canada since I'm sponsoring her.

The lady provided me info on CBP web-site, and now I have no clue how to make my wife's chances for entering greater. I haven't called Detroit POE yet (this the place my wife enters the US on bus). It looks like I'll have to drive on car to her to Canada and take her back to the USA through Port Huron, Michigan. This POE officers much nicer than those in Detroit, so I hope it will go less painful.

Plus, my presence and my assurance either verbal or written might help on her entering as well. But, who knows...

At worst scenario I'll be screwed up for the cost of vacation package (around $2000) :devil: .

Any other ideas on how to enter the US with greater chances in my wife's case?

Edited by nickky

Timeline

I've called USCIS today to see if there were any news on my case. The answer - case is still pending. The lady from USCIS was not even provide me with info if the background check-up at least was completed. I've seen on VJ someone called the USCIS and they told that the background check-up has been completed within 2 months

The reason I called USCIS - me and my wife flying from Chicago to Mexico on vacation at the end of August and I hoped to get some info on what were her chances to be OK'd on entering the US from Canada since I'm sponsoring her.

The lady provided me info on CBP web-site, and now I have no clue how to make my wife's chances for entering greater. I haven't called Detroit POE yet (this the place my wife enters the US on bus). It looks like I'll have to drive on car to her to Canada and take her back to the USA through Port Huron, Michigan. This POE officers much nicer than those in Detroit, so I hope it will go less painful.

Plus, my presence and my assurance either verbal or written might help on her entering as well. But, who knows...

At worst scenario I'll be screwed up for the cost of vacation package (around $2000) :devil: .

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the port of entries but i would assume that if your wife is Canadian she does not need a visa to visit either countries

If she has visited you before while the petition was pending it should not be any different this time. Have you guys considered to meet up in Mexico instead of having her come here and than travel to Mexico and back?

I am assuming that at this point you have purchased your vacation package already. The only thing i can suggest is that if she is refused entry to the US she can still fly out of Canada to Mexico and back that way you guys will not loose the 2000 but add an additional 600-800 for her flight to the 2000 and spend that quality time together...or you can go to Canada and fly with her to Mexico

I think you being with here when she tries to enter US will not make any difference but you can try

Just suggestions no concrete answers here

Good luck and have a well deserved relaxing time with your spouse

This process is a real energy drainer

Edited by cipollina

Timeline

regarding the background check

USCIS does not do an in depth background check.They just run the petitioners name through 3-4 databases ( takes 30 sec) and this is done on the the initial review phase

NVS on the other hand does all the extensive background checks for both petitioner and beneficiary that is why they ask for the PCC

That is what i was told when called and spoked to a Tier 2 rep in regards to my RFE

Timeline

I've canceled our trip from Chicago - didn't want to risk on loosing $2,000. I've called the POE in Port Huron (Michigan) and the officer did tell me that my wife's chances were 50/50 - depending which mood is officer in. Plus, since I'm sponsoring she won't likely to be allowed into the USA.

I've disliked the tone the officer was talking to me over the phone. It sounded they just can't wait for another person at the border to screw up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.