304 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

Any May filers here.

I am checking the timelins here and playing around with the USCIS receipt numbers and it seems as they are proccessing applications from mid-end April

Lets share experiences in this dreadful journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there!

I am a May filer..and we do have a group here..for May filers..just put in the search tab in VJ "May 2011 AOS filers". Please share your timeline too. Mine is below:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

This is not really dreadful..ha!This is a waiting game brought about by our choices to be with our special someone and loved ones.. :) How's your journey so far? May filers seem to be in a good track, fas as I know.

Best regards,

prep.mac

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi again, cipollina!

Please come to this site if you want to join the May filers:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/309207-may-aos-filers/page__st__240__gopid__4759751#entry4759751

Best regards,

prep.mac

My Timelines:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Any May filers here.

I am checking the timelins here and playing around with the USCIS receipt numbers and it seems as they are proccessing applications from mid-end April

Lets share experiences in this dreadful journey

Hello we are May 24th NOA1!!!

Nice to meet you. I keep watching the dates also. I am very excited to see them moving so fast. I hope they do not slow down. But I do notice that they seem to skip alot of numbers on the uscis site.

Where is Albania and what language do you speak?

Good luck!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hello we are May 24th NOA1!!!

Nice to meet you. I keep watching the dates also. I am very excited to see them moving so fast. I hope they do not slow down. But I do notice that they seem to skip alot of numbers on the uscis site.

Where is Albania and what language do you speak?

Good luck!!!

Hello togetherforever13

Nice to meet you too

Albanians speak albanian. Please feel free o take a virtual tour of the country in google earth.You might see something you like :)

Good luck in your journey and wish everyone a speedy approval

Timeline

Hi.. I am a may filer. Filed on may 04 and received NOA1 on may 9. Hoping for a miracle for a fast NOA2.

Hi me&him

Welcome

I hope that we all get fast approvals

Vermont Service center or "Vemont Deservice center" some people like to call it, is very slow. A cople of weeks ago VSC was moving fast and last week it went into a full halt.At some point it was turning applications in 88 days and now is behind both CSC & TSC

I think this stage is the hardest because there is no visibility and no control over the proccess. I heard it starts getting easier as we hopefully move to NVC

Edited by cipollina

Timeline

Hi there

I totally agree with you about our own decision of finding someone overseas...but i dont agree with the fact that we should be "punished" for it. We are playing by the rules and paying good chunks of money to get our better half to start a life with us here.I belive there is plenty of people out there that should be punished for their decisions...Being apart from your loved one for so long should not fall under that category.

Good Luck with your AOS. I belive at some point this proccess felt dreadful to you as well. :)

We filed in May also and posted on antoher May thread here.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Met Online : 2006 December

Went to PI : 2008-04-23

Engaged : 2008-04-26

Married : 2009-11-13

IR-1/CR-1 Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2011-05-03

CSC Received Packet : 2011-05-05

NOA1 Received Hard Copy : 2011-05-13

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL Received :2011-08-02

NOA2 Received Hard Copy: 2011-08-06

Interview Date: 2012-03-09

Visa Issued: 2012-03-30

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Somehow mysteriously my previous post had disappeared.

I had filed in May too. Nothing new, almost all work is ready for EP (NVC stage), even OPTIN email is ready, but still patiently waiting for case # :clock: . Feels kinda boring :pop:

I think, some of the early May filers could hear something somewhere at the end of this month. In my case case I'm looking forward till the end of August, but sometimes miracles do happen in our life and ...

Good luck to all of us!

Timeline

Somehow mysteriously my previous post had disappeared.

I had filed in May too. Nothing new, almost all work is ready for EP (NVC stage), even OPTIN email is ready, but still patiently waiting for case # :clock: . Feels kinda boring :pop:

I think, some of the early May filers could hear something somewhere at the end of this month. In my case case I'm looking forward till the end of August, but sometimes miracles do happen in our life and ...

Good luck to all of us!

Hi Nickky

CSC is working at a faster pace so i hope you get your NOA2 soon.VSC on the other hand is slowing down. I have everything ready with the exception of the letter from my employer. I will get that as soo as I receive the text/email.Phase one is the hardest in my opinion.Once we are past this we will be looking at a bright and happy future with our significant other :)

Good luck and wish you a quick approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Nickky

CSC is working at a faster pace so i hope you get your NOA2 soon.VSC on the other hand is slowing down. I have everything ready with the exception of the letter from my employer. I will get that as soo as I receive the text/email.Phase one is the hardest in my opinion.Once we are past this we will be looking at a bright and happy future with our significant other :)

Good luck and wish you a quick approval

Thanks a lot! Same to you :thumbs: !

At least, my application had been routed to CSC (which makes me feel safer :lol:) - I had been thinking about it since left the post-office before I saw e-mail from USCIS telling me that :dance:

I'm really suprised that VSC has slowed down so much. They used to catch up with CSC (and I think, I've seen some cases on VJ indicating < 100 days' approval).

I still don't get one simple thing. The fees are constantly going up, but what about the service's quality? I mean, how quick they process our apps.

Edited by nickky

Timeline

Thanks a lot! Same to you :thumbs: !

At least, my application had been routed to CSC (which makes me feel safer :lol:) - I had been thinking about it since left the post-office before I saw e-mail from USCIS telling me that :dance:

I'm really suprised that VSC has slowed down so much. They used to catch up with CSC (and I think, I've seen some cases on VJ indicating < 100 days' approval).

I still don't get one simple thing. The fees are constantly going up, but what about the service's quality? I mean, how quick they process our apps.

VSC has historically been slower than the rest of them.

I would like to think that might be more expedited requests due to the Japan's situation and also a lot of applications from Haiti requesting extended stay or adjustment of status. It is true that the fees keep going up but than again keep in mind that so does the deficit :P

I will pay whatever they want us to pay as long as they bring my spouse here quickly

Some people say that this long proccess is a test and worth the wait. I say it might be worth the wait but it is definitly not a test to how strong the union could be.I have collected all documents and i am ready to go as soon as i get that e-mail/text. 2 months is not a long time by most standarts but it feels like a life time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.