6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We received letter stating case transfer to CSC. Will this be a longer wait than normal? Biometrics done 2 weeks back. No EAD or AP as of yet. On another note, the social security card has incorrect first name. Once we get the green card in the correct name, do we go social security building get it changed?

We received letter stating case transfer to CSC. Will this be a longer wait than normal? Biometrics done 2 weeks back. No EAD or AP as of yet. On another note, the social security card has incorrect first name. Once we get the green card in the correct name, do we go social security building get it changed?

hey,we got the same letter i thing is going to go faster in my letter is saying that the reason of transfer is a faster process.I think you can go now at the ss and change your name.

If God is for us, who can be against us." Romans 8:31

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can change the name on the SS Card but, if your I-94 has already expired or has less than 15 days left, they will not issue a new card to you until you have the EAD or GC, whichever comes first.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

We tried to change it 2 months ago month at the social security location but they said they can't do it on their system. They say to go to USCIS building. We went to the infopass appointment and they said they can't change it either. The said to apply for I-485 once get green card then we can change it. The I-94 will expire July 11. So my guess is to wait for green card and go back to SS building?

Timeline

I read some information online. They will not change an incorrect SS name unless with an EAD or GC. We went in with the I-94(which we found out it was incorrect)and passport. Only thing now to do it wait. Thanks for all your replies.

I read some information online. They will not change an incorrect SS name unless with an EAD or GC. We went in with the I-94(which we found out it was incorrect)and passport. Only thing now to do it wait. Thanks for all your replies.

Congratz Khoa!! Look like you will not go through the interview at all. You may get the GC soon and not even need the EAD or AP. They can fix your name problem on SS card by then..good job!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.