8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone know if a fingerprint is supposed to be taken for the green card at the time of AOS interview? This was NOT done at our interview in St. Louis on October 19th, 2005 and I am starting to suspect that this is why my wife has no card yet. Repeated calls to the INS at the 800 number does us no good either. They promise to get back to us within 30 days and we hear nothing. Is it possible that our paperwork is simply setting because they failed to get a print? We got the letter saying she was granted conditional permanent resisdence and we both signed some paper. She also got her passport stamped at that time.

Maybe we are worried for no reason. We know a Canadian lady who had an attorney and it took 1 year and 3 months for her green card.

Any help here is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

No fingerprints are taken at the time of the interview. All the fingerprints should have been done during your biometrics appointments before the interview date.

Sorry to hear about your card. It must be something else slowing down it's arrival. Good luck in getting to the bottom of this and receiving it soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had fingerprints taken at my interview but that couldve been because my AOS bios were taken long before I got my interview. At the interview I signed a signature card and the officer took my index finger prints.

MARRIED MAY 2003

Submitted AOS July 2003

Received NOA August 2004

Several EADs in the process

Interview July 2005 (waiting on approval, & waiting & waiting *sigh* are we there yet?)

Submitted renewal of 3rd EAD Sept 05

Biometrics for EAD renewal Oct 26th (3 hour drive) even though there is an ASC 15 mins from my house... no appts available there :(

Oct 27th - Sent strong letter to District Director requesting a decision*** Hope this works :(

October 29th - Sent letter to congressman for help.

AOS Approved - Email Notice Nov 17th it's about bloody time... *sipping on my Guinness*

Nov 18th --- Welcome to America Letter received...

Nov 19th 10 year Green Card received in the mail.... Good bye USCIS .. until Citizenship

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good thing you have the stamp at least.

We didn't get a stamp at the interview. Two days later we were sent a notice to have my wife's biometrics redone because they weren't in the computer for some reason. That was last week and so far the case hasn't been updated.

Good luck getting your situation resolved.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
No fingerprints are taken at the time of the interview. All the fingerprints should have been done during your biometrics appointments before the interview date.

Sorry to hear about your card. It must be something else slowing down it's arrival. Good luck in getting to the bottom of this and receiving it soon!

They need a fingerprint of your index finger for your green card. It has to be on a seperate form to the biometrics prints - an I-89. If you have been approved, they need to provide your print on this document to create the actual green card and it is done at the conclusion of the interview. They did this with both myself and my daughter. They also had to have a new one when I got my 10 year green card - another print on the I-89 to get the card produced.

Make an INFOPASS appointment - they can do it at the counter, if they didn't get it at the time of your interview/approval.

Edited by Girona40

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Normally biometrics are taken prior to the interview even though I have seen some posts where they were taken afterwards. Maybe you should try to get your elected representative involved, sounds like the USCIS is giving you the run-around. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am not sure if you ever got a biometrics appointment or not? In our case the biometrics appointment was 10 days after the interview but the interviewing officer orderd it for the same day and we got it done. We do still have to wait for the approval though (we were told 3 or 4 weeks.) In our case when I went for an infopass appointment to try and get a biometrics scheduled - they wouldn't do it. (This was in Denver, Colorado.) Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.