odin8

I'm new.........

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is there anyone who could help me in this. I am a British citizen married to a US military member for 5 years and we have one daughter. I am going through the London Embassy, and I have yet to come across anyone in my situation.

I have submitted my I-130, received email February 17th. I have been checking the London Embassy site everyday and they have just got to applications that were submitted on Feb 17th. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard anything.

How long does it normally take to hear back from them?

I am only worried as my husband is being stationed back in the USA, (we are currently stationed in the UK.) And we only have 3 months left. I honestly do not think that my visa will be ready in time for October 10th!

I haven't even got the i-130 approval letter! :(

I will have to stay here with my daughter until the visa is done, who knows when that will be.

I just hope miracles happen. My husband is going to talk to hid chief tonight, who specializes in visa etc. What is the normal time to have the i-130 approval letter? Were going on 4 months.

Thank you so much!! :)

I have requested that this post be moved to the Direct Consular filing forum - there you should find lots of help! The mods will move it, but until then, you can read about lots of people in your situation in that forum. Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures to dcf

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I don't know about the UK but DCF in Bangkok takes about 2 - 4 weeks for the I-130 approval. I wish you good luck :)

Edited by Nonchalante

CR-1: DCF ROC: California Service Center Naturalization

Apr-01-2011 Submitted I-130 at USCIS Bangkok July-09-2013 Mailed I-751 to California Service Center Sep-04-2014 Mailed N400 to Phoenix Lockbox
Apr-29-2011 RFE (husband forgot to include photos - -") July-10-2013 NOA1 Sep-06-2014 Package delivered

Sep-09-2014 NOA date

May-03-2011 Sent photos to USCIS Bangkok Aug-05-2013 Biometrics appointment Sep-11-2014 Check cashed

May-30-2011 Notice of Approval from USCIS Bangkok Sep-12-2014 Biometric letter
Oct-24-2013 Date of decision, Approved!
Jun-02-2011 Received package 3 and case number Oct-01-2014 Biometrics appointment
Jun-23-2011 Sent package 3 to IV unit Bangkok Nov-8-2013 New card arrived Oct-14-2014 Pre-Interview (Yellow) Letter

Jul-15-2011 Received package 4 and acknowledgment of interview date Jan-20-2015 Interview letter

Jul-23-2011 Medical Examination
Mar
-09-2015 Interview date

Sep-12-2011 Interview date, Approved!
Sep-15-2011 Visa in hand Apr-09-2015 Oath Ceremony
Sep-19-2011 POE

Oct-11-2011 Greencard in hand

You might make it, and if you don't then it really will only be a very short time you are apart. I think you have a good chance of making it though.

You can try expedition. As they're (I assume) approving your I-130 right now I don't think there's much you can do about that. A formal expedition request might not even be necessary. Once you get your approval notice and case number, immediately book your medical and send in the next forms. Include with those forms an explanation of your situation: husband in military, being transferred Stateside October 10th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.