brightskte

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers Part 2!!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe it's been 2 years since we started this journey together. It's funny to look at where we were back then versus where we are now. I remember sending fingers and toes to USCIS so that our petitions would all get our NOA2s. And then I remember when Krystle called me right after G's interview and I did a happy dance right there on the sidewalk at AT&T because he had been approved. So much has changed for us, and I desperately miss you all.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys! so sorry i haven't written...work has been ridiculous and i have been totally nuts working 24/7. BUT that's all over soon! I just gave my notice on friday. I'm leaving my job and going to a travel adventure for 5 of the next 6 months! I've been saving up forever to travel, and now finally we've decided to just go do it. I'm so happy because i've been totally stressed out and burnt out by my job. Now I can do something for me, take some time to explore the world and figure out what i want to do next. miss you all, glad to hear from those that have updated that things seem to be pretty good!

:dance::star::thumbs:

I can't believe it's been 2 years since we started this journey together. It's funny to look at where we were back then versus where we are now. I remember sending fingers and toes to USCIS so that our petitions would all get our NOA2s. And then I remember when Krystle called me right after G's interview and I did a happy dance right there on the sidewalk at AT&T because he had been approved. So much has changed for us, and I desperately miss you all.

It's really strange! 2 years! 2 new September threads after us... :goofy:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Kayla, I'm near tears thinking back on that day, on the days where we'd sign in and say good morning, hope there's an approval today. 2 years later, I'm married with a baby, wow...

I hope we are all doing well!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I can't believe it's been two months since I have been able to log on this page.... but seriously, I have thought about all of you several times a week. Everytime I think I will log on, I get a phone call or Menekse ( Fuat's 13 year old sister) needs something, or someone walks into my office.

Fuat took his sister home yesterday and I am alone in the house... it's so quiet. I should enjoy it,have some alone time for a few days, but it just feels too strange.

When I logged on I saw the September 2011 thread and my heart ached for a few minutes. It really made me miss all of you more than I normally do.

TWO YEARS! Then I looked at the calendar and realized that two years ago today I was going over and over an over all those papers.. and then I put them in the mail. Karen, Kayla... our two year anniversary of filing is here. Wow.

Karen - I am so envious that you are taking the time to travel. I get to travel all over the world for my job, but it's work so it's not the same. Yes, I get a few days to sight see wherever I go, but to be able to just pick up and go off for 5 months.... WOW! I wish I had done it when I was young enough to quit my job, travel for a few months and then just come home and get another job. I'm a little past that point now. If I ever happen to get layed off I am going to do exactly what you are doing now... but since I am a "protected class" :) and have been in my job for 20 years I am usally last on the list for a lay off. Oh well! ENJOY...and if you are going to Turkey LET ME KNOW! I can give you some great contacts and I should also be there in November and February. Going to Thailand in first week of November... who knows... maybe you would be there too :)

Kayla - glad to hear things are going well for you in Indiana. Maybe you can teach me how to cook :)

Frenzy - What's the latest with you?

Krystle - how is the little one? Yes, I was thrown into motherhood, but I enjoyed it as much as I could. My little surgery and that pesky cancer ensured I will never know about the burping and midnight feedings :) Yes, I know there is always adoption, and Fuat and I have talked about that, but once his sister had a baby it was really hard for him to consider that. He's so heart broken about us not being able to have children, and right now he feels like he couldn't adopt... the baby would never really be "his". One day he may change his mind, but only time will tell. This part of our life has been hard for us, but hardest for him I think. I can see it in his face every time he sees someone with a baby or he plays with the little girl who lives nextdoor. He would be such a great father, and wants it SO much. That is the only thing in this life I can't give him and it breaks my heart...

Other than that, things have been really good for us. We had a great summer with his sister... took her to Niagara Falls, NYC, Atlantic City, Detroit ( why would we go to Detroit of all places? My mom lives there), Cleveland ( to go to Cedar Point.. if any of you have heard of it) Washington DC and Virginia Beach.

I really miss getting up in the morning and getting on here to talk to all of you while I have my first cup of coffee... so that is what I am doing now.

Only 7 more months before I have to start filing all those papers again. I hope I don't forget and miss the deadline :):):)

I hope all everything is still goign well for everyone and I will try to check in more often. Hopefully you all will too.

I MISS YOU!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline

Jenn, you really need to get facebook back so that I can stalk you like I do the other girls Krystle, Karen and Maggie. :lol:

I just sent Mathew a text earlier this morning tell him that today makes 2 years since I filed the petition for him. It all seems so far in the past now and I can't remember why I was so stressed all the time, that was the easy stuff. I do think that we had one of the greatest group of filers on this site, we were all so close and actually cared about it other(especially if you remember the September CSC thread that we kidnapped Frenzy from haha!).

Maybe when we start filing ROC this thread will pick back up a little bit. I hope so since I miss you guys like a fat kid misses cake when it's all gone.

As for what's going on with me right now, school is kicking my butt! The first week I got partnered with a guy who had the worst breath I've ever smelled in my entire life and he did this whole "I can't stir because I have a problem with my wrist. I can't do repetitive motions" to which I'm thinking ####### is he doing in culinary school. He jacked up our brownies and stuck his nasty finger in the cookie batter, but thankfully that nightmare is over and he hasn't been back to class since.

I just want this semester over so I can move on to the really fun stuff!!!

I go back to the doctor in November to see what the next step is for us to do about getting pregnant. If metformin doesn't work on getting me to ovulate correctly(read:I don't think it's working lol) I'll have to be put on Clomid probably. And if THAT doesn't work I've already talked to Mathew about doing IUI. It just sucks that my body is completely failing me at this. :( But I'm still hoping for my miracle.

I miss you guys!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, its been so long since I signed on in here.

Anyhow, as for us we're doing great and enjoying being parents. G now works 4pm-12am so he can watch lil man. As for the baby, he's doing great and meeting all his developmental milestones on time. I'm entirely convinced that he's perfectly normal. In God I put my trust.

Kayla, how's school?

Maggie are you working as yet?

Karen, I bet you're having a blast!

Jenn, how are you and Fuat?

Anyone knows how to get in contact with Frenzy, very concerned about her...

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

• 2 weeks later...

"A WILD FRENZYHEART APPEARS!" ….

I now bring you all …. the longest update post known to mankind!

The last time I posted, we were amidst all the issues with our house catching on fire, and everything that came with that. The fire happened on June 6th, and we spent the rest of June and all of July with absolutely NO power, and the first part of August with little power. We were living in our home, and temperatures were roughly 100-110 degrees, with the heat index shooting up to around 130 degrees on any given day. I am literally not joking when I say that I never, ever want to visit a desert. The reason we were without power for so long? The electrical company that was chosen by our county to do the work decided that we weren't important enough to fix right away, despite that, by county contract, they have 30 days from the day they win the contract to finish the work. Not only did they go way over their 30 days, but they did a crappy job to boot. It just BARELY passed city inspection regulations, and they had to come back in and fix some of the ####### they did! At first, they refused to do the work -- if I recall, the excuse they gave was "What does it matter to them anyways? They didn't pay for it. Besides, look at the neighborhood they live in." or something very close to that. The county (who was ready to pull their contract at that point) told them that we raised over half of the funds in order to get the repairs done, and it shouldn't matter where we live -- they were paid to do a job, and they should do it right, and if they continued to refuse to come back and correct things, then they just wouldn't get paid at all. Lo and behold, they suddenly decided to come back and fix it. The county also pulled another contractor in to fix the gaping hole in the wall where they installed the new electrical box… because we had SNAKES poking their heads in on every side at any given time. YES, SNAKES. Now, the basement is currently my husband and I's living area… so SNAKES INSIDE ARE BAD. Things are finally resembling how they were before, though my parent's bedroom is still needing to be finished up (they have a whole wall that's just being held in place by their bed) and there is still a gaping hole in the ceiling of the hallway that the firefighters tore out -- but on the positive side, my mother FINALLY found a couch to replace our old one (we've been using a futon in our living room since we had to toss our couch out) so her living room is finally "back to normal". She was so happy when she brought it home, too… I could have cried.

Outside of the fire… well, things have been busy with me. I'm almost done with schooling -- at least at this school. I finally decided I'm going to transfer to a 4 year university and get my bachelor's degree in mass communication (emphasis on photography) and hopefully something will come from that. I've been doing random photo shoots for family, though I haven't really been getting paid for them. I was working at Walmart full time, but due to the distance and such, I ended up quitting. Matt's job has been going WONDERFULLY. He's just wrapping up the summer season, so we're getting into all the fun stuff with deciding whether he'll do some other kind of job or just take unemployment until the spring. Luckily, unemployment isn't considered a "charge" -- his isn't because he lost his job, either. He just doesn't work during the winter! We keep joking about moving somewhere where he will work all year long, down south or something like that. The only thing that's really stopping us is money, my schooling, and the fact that he doesn't really want to learn lawn care all over again (things are different in different places -- he got lucky between Ontario and Iowa because they are relatively the same, landscape/grass/etc wise). He's advancing pretty well, too. We're hoping they will promote him to a higher position when work resumes next Spring. It's been nice not having to worry about money issues, too! He usually works between 55-65 hours a week, and gets paid weekly. We've had little to no money problems! (Relief!!!!)

We recently celebrated our one year anniversary, too! We were planning to go to Minnesota, but ended up not being able to. We did, however, go out to dinner (Applebees, LOL. It's where we went on our wedding day) and I got him some Manga that he wanted, and he got me the most beautiful necklace… EEK. I don't even know, lol. Things are amazing!!! We are still living at my parents, but we are MOVING(!!!) finally at the beginning of February. SUPER excited about that!!! It will be nice to have some PRIVACY and just live by ourselves! No babies yet, but for us, that's a good thing. We aren't ready to be parents, nor do we want to be at this time. We want to get me through school and get through the final stages of his immigration stuff, so we're not looking to try having a baby until we're at least 32 or so. Seems a little old, but that's okay -- we only want one, lol. I'm still working on losing weight, too. Can't say I've been too successful, but at least I'm trying.

Anyways, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated lately. I hope you all are doing well!!! If I disappear again, you can usually message me on here and I'll get the email. (That's what brought me here tonight -- survey or something! lol)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take care everyone!!!!! <3

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

wow, nobody here in months! depressing. :-( just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy new year!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

This is a September 2009 titled thread.... hope its dead.

Don't be rude. We still use this thread to check in and keep in touch with each other. We are not the only group from earlier years to do this.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Kayla said it in a nice way. But seriously, get a life. No one has a problem with our 2009 thread so please go sit down somewhere.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I would tell you what I think of your comment, but that would't be ladylike and it would probably get me banned from this site.

Go back to your own thread. No need for you to bother with ours. As has already been pointed out, we use this thread to keep in touch. I don't recall seeing anything that said we had to stop posting once we all got approved.

I feel lucky that we were a group that meshed so well and have such a close connection to each other.

If you dont' want to see our thread. Don't read it. It's that simple.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

LADIES!! I can't believe I found us on page 14 .. What the #$#^*&^?

And then to be greated by a jerk and his assanine comment. Well, even though he is a jerk I wish him well on his interview in a few weeks. He's got a really tough embassy to get through.

Things have been good for us. My health has been great, we just spent 3 weeks with Fuat's family in Turkey and now down to business of getting the amusement park open next month.

More importantly.. our two year anniversary is in 3 weeks :) AND.... I have to start all the paperwork for Removal of Conditions! Can you believe how fast the time has gone?? I think I am the first of us to have to file, so I will keep you all updated on the crazy paperwork and what goes on.

I REALLY need to get back on facebook so I can join all of you in stalking each other!

Karen - are you still traveling the world?

Kayla - How's school, Indiana.... any updates on the pregnancy issue?

Krystal - How's the little man!! :)

Maggie - Where are you? Last I heard you were in Indiana but haven't heard much else.

Tiffany ( Frenzy) - How are things with you? Just got your message you sent me on here.

Ladies, I miss talking to you every day. I hope things are good with everyone and I can't wait to hear how Removal Of Conditions goes for all of us!!!!!

You are in my heart!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Hi to everyone!!! :energy::jest::goofy:

I tried to find this page a few times, and at the end I gave up.

I can't believe that it's already time for some of us to send the papers for ROC. We have to wait till October, and we're in the process of collecting the documents, actually we started with that almost immediately after I've got my Green Card.

Lets hope that it'll not be so long before we who came here become a permanent, non-conditional residents.

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.