Obama 2012

FDA Strikes Again With Power Wave of BS Labels on Cigarettes

58 posts in this topic

Being a "science major" doesn't make you smart. It only makes you an individual who is close minded and thinks his own farts smell good because he says so.

You want to talk about 'statistical significance?' Then find me a study that not just done on a handful of people and done on a vast majority of smokers. Then we'll talk. Otherwise your "science" is skewed to lab rats of your choosing.

If you haven't seen then article on genetics and how in a sense 'bad genes' in people has a lot to do with the effects of smoking or not, then you are lying out your ####### on being a science major or giving a damn about it, or you are just being 'selective' as any other twit out there in their reading.

Do you consider yourself open minded?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Spooks, just where have ya been? We're dying wo/ your cutting edge commentary here.

Did reality and the bad economy cause ya to spend your time more wisely?

Just tell us marriage is a bed of roses and couldn't b better.

Tell us lies, tell us sweet little lies....B-)

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

The only issue, surely, is whether or not they are actually effective.

I think they are mostly not effective in making significant population gains in smoking cessation. But maybe there is data out there in the UK that is different?

Timeline

No idea, just surprised that isn't the focus of the argument rather than Being about presentation and terminology.

It probably should be, but seldom is ever something that should be, actually discussed congruently here.

Smoking costs the government - i.e. all of us - a lot of money. Nothing wrong with taking steps to curb the use of this product.

If the government was really concerned about saving money from a healthcare standpoint, they'd quit paying people to sit around and watch cable.

Obesity is a far greater danger to the future of our tax dollar than smoking ever was. Ever notice those fat people in line paying with "the card" and then pulling out cash to buy Newports?

The only issue, surely, is whether or not they are actually effective.

Or we could have an issue with whether it's the government's place to dictate what private industry must print on the products they sell. You could take that a step further and ask why entire agencies are needed to regulate those warnings. If we're going to justify it from a "we need more money for healthcare" standpoint, why not cut out the middleman? Eliminate the FDA and the ATF and use all that money for the poor smokers who have no health insurance.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Or we could have an issue with whether it's the government's place to dictate what private industry must print on the products they sell. You could take that a step further and ask why entire agencies are needed to regulate those warnings. If we're going to justify it from a "we need more money for healthcare" standpoint, why not cut out the middleman? Eliminate the FDA and the ATF and use all that money for the poor smokers who have no health insurance.

You could ask that, but you'd be about 50 years too late.

You could ask that, but you'd be about 50 years too late.

You're right. 50 years ago they should've nipped this in the butt.

Although... why don't you check into the budget (adjusted for inflation, of course) of the FDA and ATF 50 years ago and their budgets today.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Clearly, regulating inane things is all these government agencies do, right?

They are also working on coming up with new ways to keep tax payers paying more and more to keep us under control.

Clearly, regulating inane things is all these government agencies do, right?

Even if it's only 1% of what those agencies do, they're doing too much.

They are also working on coming up with new ways to keep tax payers paying more and more to keep us under control.

This may be your best post ever.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Even if it's only 1% of what those agencies do, they're doing too much.

This may be your best post ever.

Thanks, but your paranoia won't help you that much. Keep things in context a bit, although for you, its not that possible.

Thanks, but your paranoia won't help you that much. Keep things in context a bit, although for you, its not that possible.

Context...

The average American has no idea who their Congressman or Senators are. If they don't even know who their representatives are, how on earth could they know what they're being represented for?

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Context...

The average American has no idea who their Congressman or Senators are. If they don't even know who their representatives are, how on earth could they know what they're being represented for?

How does not having context or a rational definition of totalitarianism help your cause?