Obama 2012

FDA Strikes Again With Power Wave of BS Labels on Cigarettes

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I never once disputed that smoking CAN be harmful. I never once disputes that is CAN be addictive.

So I would suggest you get off of your soap box really quick before you make yourself look foolish.

All I have said, is it's erroneous to make a blanket statement and the government shouldn't get by with it just as the private sector isn't allowed to get by with it.

So its as I thought, you really don't understand statistical significance. The fact that you don't understand science isn't all that much of a surprise.

Timeline

Ignoring the rest of your drivel, I'll go off the one point you attempted to make. Smoking CAN be bad for one's health, yes. It's not guaranteed though. There's far more to do with genetics on this one than some like to admit.

Government only uses the science they like and ignores the science they don't. There have been many studies on genetics and cancer/addiction linked with smoking however and how the risk is much greater based on those genes.

Don't believe me (as Zero wonder boy over there doesn't), look it up.

You claim that cancer is genetic? I am not clear what it really is you're trying to claim, to be honest. You mean oncogene activation from gene activity in itself? What do you think cigarette ingredients are doing, genius?

Want to continue cramming (yet another) another stinker in yer mouth, don't you? :lol:

Furthermore, since you are apparently holding privileged research data that I, as a science major, never had access to- please share. I beg you to teach me about science.

Edited by Zero Sum

Timeline

Cancer is medically defined as the portable growth of uncontrollable dividing cells, usually from the loss of regulation of the genes that stop cells from dividing, or the 'immortalization' of cells by their maintaining as live instead of entering programmed cell death. I wonder what kinds of 'things' effect these genes (oncogenes) to turn on too much or stop (anti-oncogenes) working properly. Hmmm, 'things.'

Filed: Timeline
Smoking CAN be bad for one's health, yes. It's not guaranteed though.

Smoking is guaranteed bad for your health. It may or may not result in cancer or other terminal illness but there's no denying that it is bad for your health. As I said, you're just being a good Texan revolting against science and facts. That's your issue, not mine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Cancer is medically defined as the portable growth of uncontrollable dividing cells, usually from the loss of regulation of the genes that stop cells from dividing, or the 'immortalization' of cells by their maintaining as live instead of entering programmed cell death. I wonder what kinds of 'things' effect these genes (oncogenes) to turn on too much or stop (anti-oncogenes) working properly. Hmmm, 'things.'

hal can tell us!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You claim that cancer is genetic? I am not clear what it really is you're trying to claim, to be honest. You mean oncogene activation from gene activity in itself? What do you think cigarette ingredients are doing, genius?

Want to continue cramming (yet another) another stinker in yer mouth, don't you? :lol:

Furthermore, since you are apparently holding privileged research data that I, as a science major, never had access to- please share. I beg you to teach me about science.

Being a "science major" doesn't make you smart. It only makes you an individual who is close minded and thinks his own farts smell good because he says so.

You want to talk about 'statistical significance?' Then find me a study that not just done on a handful of people and done on a vast majority of smokers. Then we'll talk. Otherwise your "science" is skewed to lab rats of your choosing.

If you haven't seen then article on genetics and how in a sense 'bad genes' in people has a lot to do with the effects of smoking or not, then you are lying out your ####### on being a science major or giving a damn about it, or you are just being 'selective' as any other twit out there in their reading.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Being a "science major" doesn't make you smart. It only makes you an individual who is close minded and thinks his own farts smell good because he says so.

You want to talk about 'statistical significance?' Then find me a study that not just done on a handful of people and done on a vast majority of smokers. Then we'll talk. Otherwise your "science" is skewed to lab rats of your choosing.

If you haven't seen then article on genetics and how in a sense 'bad genes' in people has a lot to do with the effects of smoking or not, then you are lying out your ####### on being a science major or giving a damn about it, or you are just being 'selective' as any other twit out there in their reading.

The only intelligence on display here isn't mine nor anyone else, save for your ridiculous claims.

I asked you to share. Chickened out already? What was that about your insane opinion of what constitutes statistical significance? This thread is a prime example of how your deficiency is tarnishing your concept of cancer causality.

If you didn't read what I wrote about oncogenes and anti-oncogenes, then not only are you running your silliness (again), but being quite childish at it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Several posts containing personal insults or baiting comments have been removed, along with posts quoting same. You can disagree with what someone says but you don't have the right to be insulting in the process. Further TOS violations of this nature will lead to thread bans.

Acceptable part of one post quoting TOS violating post has been returned to the thread below.

Nevermind what you insanely conclude about me or others that rely on factual evidence produced by the peer-review process. But...

Not sure what this statement is supposed to mean. Do you mean to say that you once again know more than all the medical scientists combined that are working on this, having obtained yourself at least a dozen degrees in Medicine, Clairvoyance, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Mind reading, Genetics, Chemistry, and Statistics- among other fields, that substantiate as false the conclusions that cigarettes are highly significant causal factors for cancer that drive significant development of cancers beyond genetic susceptibility, other environmental factors, and plain old bad luck?

Yeah... I didn't think so. Well, you might think you are clairvoyant and a mind-reader...

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

My favorite German cigarette pack warning: "Raucher sterben früher" Smokers die sooner. Another one is "Smoking causes impotence."

What's the problem with warning labels? I don't understand how anyone's choice is taken away from them because there are factual warning labels on packs... :unsure:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

My favorite German cigarette pack warning: "Raucher sterben früher" Smokers die sooner. Another one is "Smoking causes impotence."

What's the problem with warning labels? I don't understand how anyone's choice is taken away from them because there are factual warning labels on packs... :unsure:

And most smokers do die sooner, right? While labels probably won't do much to curb people's choices... I guess when its time to pay the piper, an 'I told you so' probably won't be enough to convey the message warned initially, since, as we can see- the medical science is controversial for some for X, Y, and Z reasons.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only issue, surely, is whether or not they are actually effective.

The only issue, surely, is whether or not they are actually effective.

Pikester. If pics of rotting lungs or holes in the neck with smoke coming out don't turn your stomach, what's left....Pics of 3rd trimester aborted babies cut up and discarded in the surgeon's trash can?

Peace.

:innocent:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif