jhoie

whats the best port of entry? the state that has no hassle

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should ask your question differently--start with what your options are and go from there. For example, Fort Lauderdale is maybe the easiest of all, but there is zero chance you can reasonably fly there without spending days traveling.

So, let's start over--what are your options, and then after you tell us that, go to the POE tab at the top of this page and read the information yourself, and it will become obvious which makes the most sense for you.

tmb001930.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

las vegas, nevada. philippine airline has it's own terminal and custom, no lines, no hassle just don't bring knock off designer bags or clothing.

Best POE, really, is there any? :lol: Mine was Dallas and it was fine so far. :yes:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Seriously, read the POE information at the top of the page and narrow down your choices to only those that you CAN fly into, and then ask for additional information--this is silly to ask for responses when no one knows where you want to go. For example, I like Newark a lot and if you read the POE information at the top of the page you will see that lots of people also had good experiences here, but if your final destination is let's say Seattle, then flying into Newark (if it is even possible) would make no sense.

SO, do some homework, and then tell us your options, and you will get all sorts of valuable insights.

And consider the time she will be flying (in the air) as well, it’s around 15 hours from Manila to the US mainland.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I heard Hawaii is pretty much good, few people at the airport, no long lines, whatsoever. But I think theres no such thing as the best. As long as you know you are not violating any laws and not bringing prohibited stuff, you'll be fine. There's nothing to be afraid of B-)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Since POE experiences are under the control of Federal Officers, the only difference you can count on will be how crowded, thus how long it takes to clear. My suggestion is to use the most convenient flight itinerary and make sure you leave a minimum of three hours between arrival and connecting flight departure. Only other consideration I can think of is that when there's a language barrier, smaller airports are less confusing once you've cleared immigration and customs.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

jhoie,

you're going to be a legal immigrant with a regular issued Visa..what kind of hassle can any CBP officer ever give you? the worst you can expect from a point of entry and another one is more or less traffic,but who cares since It's a one time entry? Pick the cheapest flight itinerary and don't worry about nothing,It's gonna be fine wherever you'll end up entering the States

Edited by Max1gk

On his VWP Cincinnati Ohio was by far the worst my husband flew into. NY NJ and Philadelphia were longer lines but no hassle. He was taken back to a second room in Cincinnati because "he looked nervous". He forgot to put on a nicotine patch so all he really was was shaky from needing a cigarette and anxious to get outside to smoke one.

The Officer was pretty mean to him too, told him when he answered questions with a "yeah" to stop saying that cause it reminded him of his ex-wife.

Once he got his GC he had no trouble at all in airports.

Edited by simel1110

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is strange question. Where does the USA member live? you would come into international airport nearest that location. And you must go thru immigration and customs whenever you enter the US. Even US citizens go thru this. If you come from Manila I am sure you would land in the west and go to US citizen state from there.

I dunno, but some places don't have direct flights from other countries. My husband each time he came had to fly to another POE before flying into Pittsburgh. He'd just base that on what was cheapest on orbitz...

Edited by simel1110

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.