tvn0521

REVISED TAX RETURN I-864

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had my tax return revised by my tax agent recently as in filing an amended 1040x form. I am in the process of sending in the AOS package. When I send in the new revised tax, will NVC call IRS to verify the tax return? If NVC contact IRS to verify my tax return and the verification does not match the newly revised tax because I just barely mailed the revised tax yesterday and they probably didnt enter it in the IRS system yet. Anyone's answer will be deeply appreciated, thanks all.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

I don't think they tend to call the IRS. Include copies of everything you will be sending the IRS, plus you could also include the proof of postage to show you sent it to them.

Timeline

Why are you making things difficult at this stage?

NVC has verify everything...and accepted your submitted paper work.

Unless the tax admendment affects you in a negative way by showing you won't meet the poverty guideline requirements, I wouldn't bother sending it in.

What you sent earlier was not a lie, you just happent to update your tax return and unless it affects the process in a negative way, I wouldn't even mention it.

What you're doing is slowing down the process with "technicality" and delaying your process.

If it's near the poverty line, then it becomes important to update the tax info.

Timeline

Why are you making things difficult at this stage?

NVC has verify everything...and accepted your submitted paper work.

Unless the tax admendment affects you in a negative way by showing you won't meet the poverty guideline requirements, I wouldn't bother sending it in.

What you sent earlier was not a lie, you just happent to update your tax return and unless it affects the process in a negative way, I wouldn't even mention it.

What you're doing is slowing down the process with "technicality" and delaying your process.

If it's near the poverty line, then it becomes important to update the tax info.

I did not send anything yet. I had to get my tax revised, it was necessary. I did not claim my son as dependent on my tax therefore I just added him on my tax return since the I-864 form asked to include him.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.