Dan_P

What is the safest way to send a package to Vietnam?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do not know if it has been said or not, but if it is only paperwork, or things that are flat and the originals are not needed, scan and email it. If it is just interview prep things scan and send, if they require the original with a signature, then use DHL. DHL is by far the best (biggest) shipper in Vietnam. UPS and FED EX are here, but not as big as DHL. IF it requires a signature or an original and you are making the original, IE bank statement or intent letter, make two when possible, this is just incase they do lose the original you already have a second one waiting. Even DHL can have a mistake or have a package ruined. Other ways are finding out who is headed to Vietnam and send the paperwork with them and give them your partners number so that she can meet up and collect. I personally would try this method before sending with DHL. Hope this helps Jerome

Since DHL shut down most of its US operations a couple of years ago. The only way to access DHL services is through pack and ship type stores or shipping centers...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since DHL shut down most of its US operations a couple of years ago. The only way to access DHL services is through pack and ship type stores or shipping centers...

I remember sending some documents to Phuong in the summer of '09 using DHL. I see the trucks occasionally, so I figured there must be an office or distribution center around here. Turns out there's nothing in the town where I live except for a few drop boxes. You can still pay for the shipping online, though.

I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but I do remember thinking it was exorbitantly expensive for a cardboard envelope containing a half dozen papers. It took almost a month to get there. I wasn't impressed.

Jerome's suggestion about scanning and emailing is perfect for most documents that don't require a signature. :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I do not know if it has been said or not, but if it is only paperwork, or things that are flat and the originals are not needed, scan and email it. If it is just interview prep things scan and send, if they require the original with a signature, then use DHL. DHL is by far the best (biggest) shipper in Vietnam. UPS and FED EX are here, but not as big as DHL. IF it requires a signature or an original and you are making the original, IE bank statement or intent letter, make two when possible, this is just incase they do lose the original you already have a second one waiting. Even DHL can have a mistake or have a package ruined. Other ways are finding oot who is headed to Vietnam and send the paperwork with them and give them your partners number so that she can meet up and collect. I personally would try this method before sending with DHL. Hope this helps Jerome

Thanks for the advice, good to know that DHL is the biggest in Vietnam, I'll consider it next time, though I hope it's not needed. I already sent via fedex so hopefully everything will be OK, if not, then you will see me posting a frantic thread about how fedex lost my package, but lets hope it doesn't get to that. I do email whenever possible, and like I said before, I don't know of anyone who is going to Vietnam before her interview. I'm probably overly worried, I am sure everything will work great anyways.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for the advice, good to know that DHL is the biggest in Vietnam, I'll consider it next time, though I hope it's not needed. I already sent via fedex so hopefully everything will be OK, if not, then you will see me posting a frantic thread about how fedex lost my package, but lets hope it doesn't get to that. I do email whenever possible, and like I said before, I don't know of anyone who is going to Vietnam before her interview. I'm probably overly worried, I am sure everything will work great anyways.

I leave Sat night...:whistle:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Thanks all for your advice, it got there safely in about 3 business days, would've been quicker had she been in HCM, package had to go to HCM to DN to NT.

so how did you end up sending?? thanks, Long.

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.