bigtex26

Fiance cannot recieve postal mail

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance lives on a ranch that does not receive postal mail. What the people of this ranch usually do is travel to the nearest town and pickup mail from friends or family. Now, I know a number of forms required in the K-1 Visa application require that I supply USCIS with my fiance's current home address.

Now she has a physical address (because they have SKY-TV and electricity) - which might suffice for a technical "home address."

But for the purposes of her receiving her packets once the K-1 is approved, she will be out of luck. Is there some way around this? Can I specify in my K-1 Application to send her materials to a specific address? Or should I risk providing an incorrect home address in efforts to get her materials to another mailing address?

Thanks!

• June 2010 ~ Met
  • July 4, 201142.gif ~ Married
    USCIS
  • August 1, 2011 ~ I-130 Sent
  • August 4, 2011 ~ I-130 Package Received
  • August 8, 2011 ~ NOA1 Receipt
  • February 24, 2012 ~ NOA2 Receipt
    NVC
  • March 9, 2012 ~ Received Case #
  • March 13, 2012 ~ DS-261 Signed
  • March 14, 2012 ~ AOS Bill Paid
  • March 22, 2012 ~ IV Bill Paid
  • March 26, 2012 ~ NVC Case Complete
    CONSULATE
  • May 16, 2012 ~ Interview Date - Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
  • May 19, 2012 ~ Point of Entry into El Paso, TX, U.S.A.
  • June 4, 2012 ~ Green Card arrived in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance lives on a ranch that does not receive postal mail. What the people of this ranch usually do is travel to the nearest town and pickup mail from friends or family. Now, I know a number of forms required in the K-1 Visa application require that I supply USCIS with my fiance's current home address.

Now she has a physical address (because they have SKY-TV and electricity) - which might suffice for a technical "home address."

But for the purposes of her receiving her packets once the K-1 is approved, she will be out of luck. Is there some way around this? Can I specify in my K-1 Application to send her materials to a specific address? Or should I risk providing an incorrect home address in efforts to get her materials to another mailing address?

Thanks!

I would check with the embassy and see if they email any updates/information. If forms or documents need to be sent, maybe they can send these in a pdf file. I am sure the embassy is aware of the postal problems and the proper remedy for this. I hope you are able to resolve this issue. Best of luck to you

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't worry about her not getting any mail from immigration, you'll get it here in the states way FASTER than in Mexico. I had no problems with that my fiance also lives in a ranch.

• 12.30.2010: I-129F sent
  • 01.05.2011: I-129F received & signed by Cates
  • 01.06.2011: NOA 1
  • 04.25.2011: NOA 2
    ~~~NOA1 to NOA2: 109 days~~~
  • 04.29.2011: NVC received
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.19.2011: Consulate received & signed by Jesus
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)
  • 06.06.2011: Packet 3 mailed to petitioner in CA
  • 06.10.2011: Packet 3 arrived a CA
  • 07.05.2011: Medical
  • 07.06.2011: ASC appointment
  • 07.07.2011: Interview

event.png

Timeline

my fiance doesn't live on a ranch but he lives on an island which makes for some unique mail issues as well .. sometimes mail shows up and sometimes it doesn't..

the only thing that you need that you cannot get electronically is the invitation letter or as it's sometimes referred to- packet 3 and they send that to both the petitioner and beneficiary. We received ours at my address in the US about 2 weeks ago-- we've yet to see anything in Mexico and I doubt it will show up here before we move to the US lol

just a note-- if you call the embassy and ask them whether or not they send packet 3 to both the petitioner and beneficiary, they will say no.. but they just don't really know what they're talking about. They DO send it to both ..

Timeline

yep don't worry just put her actual physical address.

You as Petitioner in the USA will recieve all the stuff in your mailbox anyway!

We got all email alerts & the hard copies in the US mail...fiancee in Cozumel Mexico never got a thing!

You can then deliver it all in person, or maybe send it DHL or Estafeta...we brought it to her in person

Thanks!

hi maybe you can send an email to the embassy asking them if they already have your file in there system then they will reply to you after 3-4 working days along with the instructions that you need to know on what to do next plus in that email they will give you a link on where to go to get and print those forms like ds-156,156k and 157...and with that email your fiance can print it and bring that as her official letter..i have done it also coz here in my hometown it will take forever before i will be able to get my letter.so instead of waiting for that letter to come which i doubt it wont lol.. i emailed the embassy where i will be having my interview and got the reply along with all the info. and requirements that i need to comply before my interview date..

you just have to find the email add. of the embassy of your country..

then ask them about your case.. put your beneficiary's full name , uscis receipt number , your case number

and wait for there reply..

i just read about that on one of the vj members post and i said hmm theres no harm in trying so i tried and it did work.. :thumbs:

godbless and goodluck to all of us!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok here's a follow up to this question -

My fiance and I have now put in serious thought of getting married in Mexico in a week - then having her come up on the CR1 app.

Now, I know that if I had gone with the K-1, I would have received everything she needed in the mail, and would not have to worry about her ever receiving mail in her remote ranch.

My question now is: If I'm going with CR1 (Spousal Visa) - will she then need a working mail address to be able receive her forms from the NVC? Or will I be sent this stuff too?

Thanks for all the help!

Ya'll are brilliant!

• June 2010 ~ Met
  • July 4, 201142.gif ~ Married
    USCIS
  • August 1, 2011 ~ I-130 Sent
  • August 4, 2011 ~ I-130 Package Received
  • August 8, 2011 ~ NOA1 Receipt
  • February 24, 2012 ~ NOA2 Receipt
    NVC
  • March 9, 2012 ~ Received Case #
  • March 13, 2012 ~ DS-261 Signed
  • March 14, 2012 ~ AOS Bill Paid
  • March 22, 2012 ~ IV Bill Paid
  • March 26, 2012 ~ NVC Case Complete
    CONSULATE
  • May 16, 2012 ~ Interview Date - Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
  • May 19, 2012 ~ Point of Entry into El Paso, TX, U.S.A.
  • June 4, 2012 ~ Green Card arrived in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.