13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD PUT IN THE PART FOR PETITIONER AND IT SAYS PETITIONER IS AND THE OPTIONS ARE FATHER, MOTHER, BROTHER, SISTER, SPOUSE, CHILD, STEPFATHER, STEPMOTHER, EMPLOYER, SELF. BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTION FOR FIANCE

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD PUT IN THE PART FOR PETITIONER AND IT SAYS PETITIONER IS AND THE OPTIONS ARE FATHER, MOTHER, BROTHER, SISTER, SPOUSE, CHILD, STEPFATHER, STEPMOTHER, EMPLOYER, SELF. BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTION FOR FIANCE

Which form exactly are you trying to fill out (name of form)?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The DS260 is for an Iimmigrant Visa - the fiance visa is a non-immigrant visa. The form for a fiancee is DS 156k and DS 156 http://www.state.gov...ation/82063.pdf

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our embassy requires form DS 260... put SPOUSE as is the closest to fiance :)

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just found this: the DS 260 is for "family based" immigrant visas, not for fiance visas. Here's the link to explain that the DS 260 is for those who has filed I-130 petitions.

Timeline

Our embassy requires form DS 260... put SPOUSE as is the closest to fiance :)

If your Consulate requires this form, then write in Fiancee. Writing in Spouse for someone who isn't a spouse may cause you problems later on either for misrepresentation or by saying that spouse's are not eligible for a K-1 visa. Better to go with what is accurate even if you have to write it in later - or at the very least find somewhere on the form where you can state fiancee, not spouse.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

If your Consulate requires this form, then write in Fiancee. Writing in Spouse for someone who isn't a spouse may cause you problems later on either for misrepresentation or by saying that spouse's are not eligible for a K-1 visa. Better to go with what is accurate even if you have to write it in later - or at the very least find somewhere on the form where you can state fiancee, not spouse.

This is an impossible form since you can not WRITE in anything in this particular field...it is a DROPDOWN MENU...no choice of Fiancee is given.

we finally put in spouse...

SUPER FRUSTRATING!

Edited by Kimchimex

Timeline

This is an impossible form since you can not WRITE in anything in this particular field...it is a DROPDOWN MENU...no choice of Fiancee is given.

SUPER FRUSTRATING!

I know it is very frustrating because it does not give us any other option in the dropdown menu. Do you guys know any number to call???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

SUPER FRUSTRATING!

for some reason they are using DS 260 rather than DS 230... I also noticed the introduction of the DS160 at many consulates .. the fact that it is an E form makes it impossible to select an accurate title....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

How frustrating! It sounds like your problems are being caused by the Consulate using a form for a purpose it was not designed to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How frustrating! It sounds like your problems are being caused by the Consulate using a form for a purpose it was not designed to do.

the DS 160 is equaly poorly designed

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SO YOU SUGGEST SPOUSE??? I WAS THINKING IN THIS OPTION. THANKS

yes, I did that and have read several VJ members that did it too. It should not be a problem at all!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.