mike42979

Co Sponsor backing out im lost and frustrated

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My brother in law works for NASA and has a top clearance security, he told me he doesnt think he can sponsor my Fiancee because of his government security clearance. This is according to his boss, has anyone heard of this? Its just a financial support issue, how does that compromise security?

Even though people mean well with their advise you should begin by checking with the embassy in the P I to find out if they will even allow co sponsor in your case. They do not in most. It would be a shame to get to the intervew only to find they wont.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My brother in law works for NASA and has a top clearance security, he told me he doesnt think he can sponsor my Fiancee because of his government security clearance. This is according to his boss, has anyone heard of this? Its just a financial support issue, how does that compromise security?

Find a new sponsor, but I don't know how true this is I also read Manila doesn't like co-sponsors. This is just from what I read.

will you stop trying to lure people into joining the trucking industry?

there are as many cons as pros to working in this industry and you never seem to mention those.youre becoming like a second _

___

(fill in the blank

) who always suggests people get ready for their spouse's education while waiting on noa2.

him getting a job right now wouldnt help because he needs to show a steady paycheck for the last year if not the past two years.

This is not the first thread as you pointed out perhaps he has a vested interest in the trucking industry? Recruiter? Truck salesman, who knows. Sure looks like advertising. :whistle:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Maybe BIL doesn't want to be a sponsor you, so just used Security Clearance issue as a way out and saving face with your sister. Or his boss is mis-informed ..yada yada. Or maybe he thinks First come job, then come marriage and then come the baby carriage. Maybe he is trying to do you a favor, if you cannot support yourself ...how can you support your wife?

I know people are going to call me a judgemental b-hole , however I am shocked at how lightly these sponsorship agreements are entered into.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm really sorry your in this spot...but, are you seriously wanting to get married when you don't have enough income to meet these very meager guidelines? I mean it's only $14,710 for K1, then $18,387 when you adjust status. You could get a job at walmart, or even mcdonald's and make that much.

Not to be nosey, but who is paying for all your visa and documents for your fiancee to get here? Maybe they would co-sponsor for you...Well good luck!

Ok for the love of god, i will adress the above post and the other responses regarding Manila cosponsors.

#1 My Fiancee will have her interview in Jamaica and #2 I worked consistently for 5 years and have decent savings not a lot but decent i am paying everyhting including my trip to visit my Fiancee in the cayman islands this weekend so yes i do intend to get married and am continually looking for a new job. Thats the facts of life people loose jobs and find new ones, if you lost your job after being married would you then divorce??? Its the same damn thing, me loosing my job will not keep me from Marrying my fiancee.

Anyways all of this doesnt matter because now i am on to my brother but that presents its own problems!

Ok so my brother who is active Military is willing to sponsor my Fiancee, He is married but they are separated and do not live together how many people would he have to qualify for? The other problem is hes in the process of transferring out of the military, will this affect his ability to sponsor my Fiancee? Please tell me what will be required of him and do we go by the poverty guidelines for Active military or the regular Guidelines?

Also once my brother transfers out he may be getting 100% disability, does this help?

Edited by mike42979

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Timeline

Listen. All these well-meaning VJers will baffle you with the BS. High falutent clearances. Turn around and walk the other way towards the trucking industry. It sounds as if you are desperate my man. Desperate people do desperate things. It is forth and goal and your running back just went down with a badly sprained ankle. Are you going to worry yourself to death or get on with it. You decide!!! You have exhausted your co-sponsor opportunities and USEM Manila will not accept them anyways. You have only one option; get a real good paying job as quickly as you can. You look young and daring. I dare you to go to that website I suggested and just talk to a recruiter. Beggars can't be too choosy nowadays.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Listen. All these well-meaning VJers will baffle you with the BS. High falutent clearances. Turn around and walk the other way towards the trucking industry. It sounds as if you are desperate my man. Desperate people do desperate things. It is forth and goal and your running back just went down with a badly sprained ankle. Are you going to worry yourself to death or get on with it. You decide!!! You have exhausted your co-sponsor opportunities and USEM Manila will not accept them anyways. You have only one option; get a real good paying job as quickly as you can. You look young and daring. I dare you to go to that website I suggested and just talk to a recruiter. Beggars can't be too choosy nowadays.

Shouldn't this guy's posts be removed at the very least? Talk about pushing/peddling. :bonk:

Mike,

Call the consulate first to see if they will even entertain the idea of a co-sponsor. Then look into the guidelines to see if your brother qualifies. If he is in the military, its 100% of the US poverty level, if he is not, it's 125% of the US poverty level.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Poverty guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Edited by Jacque and Gerry

T7vMm5.png

05/09 - Met playing games online

08/21/09 - Relationship changed to more than friends

10/28/09 - 11/05/09 - Flew to Canada, met in person

12/16/10 - My baby flew into US to visit

01/26/10 - He proposed!!!! <3

03/16/11 - I-129F Packet Sent to Texas lockbox via USPS (2-day)

03/18/11 - confirmed delivery to lockbox via usps

03/22/11 - NOA1 issued

03/24/11 - Received email re: application was received and forwarded to VSC and NOA1 mailed out

03/24/11 - Check cashed

03/28/11 - Received NOA1 hardcopy by mail

03/29/11 - "Touched"

05/05/11 - Baby flew home :(

08/10/11 - NOA2 (07/21/11 - 08/03/11 - possible NOA2 estimated dates)

08/13/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received via mail

08/24/11 - Received email response w/ NVC case #

08/29/11 - Called NVC - advised our case is under additional processing :S

NVC Received : 2011-08-24

NVC Left : 2011-09-02

Consulate Received : 2011-09-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-09-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-09-14

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-19

Interview Date : 2011-11-03

APPROVED!!!!!!

POE: 12-7-2011

GETTING MARRIED 02-06-2012

No job, no co sponsor. Ouch!! I recommend getting out of that mess; at least temporarily by joining the trucking industry. Might not be what you really want to do for the rest of your life, but it is the most stable industry known to man. You can be working within 2 weeks and making $35-$45,000 your first year. Your pay continues to go up each year and the other benefits cannot be matched by most other companies. Why humiliate yourself by begging others for their charity? I encourage you to check out the website; Bubbajunk.com. Many companies offer drivers the chance to bring wives along, Who knows; she might just be interested in getting behind the wheel. That would bring your gross income to around $120 - $145,000 between the two of you. Can't beat that and you will be together all the time!!!

Recruiting again !

will you stop trying to lure people into joining the trucking industry?

there are as many cons as pros to working in this industry and you never seem to mention those.youre becoming like a second _

___

(fill in the blank

) who always suggests people get ready for their spouse's education while waiting on noa2.

him getting a job right now wouldnt help because he needs to show a steady paycheck for the last year if not the past two years.

This is not the first thread as you pointed out perhaps he has a vested interest in the trucking industry? Recruiter? Truck salesman, who knows. Sure looks like advertising. :whistle:

Shouldn't this guy's posts be removed at the very least? Talk about pushing/peddling. :bonk:

Mike,

Call the consulate first to see if they will even entertain the idea of a co-sponsor. Then look into the guidelines to see if your brother qualifies. If he is in the military, its 100% of the US poverty level, if he is not, it's 125% of the US poverty level.

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

Poverty guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

:whistle:

[/quote

Ok for the love of god, i will adress the above post and the other responses regarding Manila cosponsors.

#1 My Fiancee will have her interview in Jamaica and #2 I worked consistently for 5 years and have decent savings not a lot but decent i am paying everyhting including my trip to visit my Fiancee in the cayman islands this weekend so yes i do intend to get married and am continually looking for a new job. Thats the facts of life people loose jobs and find new ones, if you lost your job after being married would you then divorce??? Its the same damn thing, me loosing my job will not keep me from Marrying my fiancee.

Anyways all of this doesnt matter because now i am on to my brother but that presents its own problems!

Ok so my brother who is active Military is willing to sponsor my Fiancee, He is married but they are separated and do not live together how many people would he have to qualify for? The other problem is hes in the process of transferring out of the military, will this affect his ability to sponsor my Fiancee? Please tell me what will be required of him and do we go by the poverty guidelines for Active military or the regular Guidelines?

Also once my brother transfers out he may be getting 100% disability, does this help?

1) Ok so my brother who is active Military is willing to sponsor my Fiancee, He is married but they are separated and do not live together how many people would he have to qualify for? Household Size http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

2) The other problem is hes in the process of transferring out of the military, will this affect his ability to sponsor my Fiancee? Yes and NO is his soon to be disability income less then his current income? If not then NO! If it's less look at the PG. less income can affect his ability?

3) Getting 100% disability, does this help? Disability is Income, see #2)

Edited by sjr09

Timeline

I have to agree. Have been in the trucking industry for 25 years. It cost me one marriage and untold missed life events. Birthdays , weddings and more. Know what your getting into. I don't recommend it for a young couple starting out.

Many companies have spousal ride along. I think she would would love traveling the country with you. I don't think being with your spouse all the time would cause you to get a divorce. Again, think outside the box if you can for a minute. I am not a trucking recruiter. I have driven for 11 years though. It is one of the most stable jobs out their now. Nobody can dispute that. Please investigate. I care about your bottom line; that is getting a good paying job and being with your loved one. Everything else is secondary. #1 you need a good paying job. #2 the USEM will not accept co sponsors for K-1. You are stuck between a rock and a very hard place. I am giving you a very viable option that would cure your problems. Trucking Recruiter? Please! Good Luck to you and yours!!!

event.png

event.png

Many companies have spousal ride along. I think she would would love traveling the country with you. I don't think being with your spouse all the time would cause you to get a divorce. Again, think outside the box if you can for a minute. I am not a trucking recruiter. I have driven for 11 years though. It is one of the most stable jobs out their now. Nobody can dispute that. Please investigate. I care about your bottom line; that is getting a good paying job and being with your loved one. Everything else is secondary. #1 you need a good paying job. #2 the USEM will not accept co sponsors for K-1. You are stuck between a rock and a very hard place. I am giving you a very viable option that would cure your problems. Trucking Recruiter? Please! Good Luck to you and yours!!!

The OP's Fiancee will have her interview in Jamaica Not USEM

I would say one of the most stable jobs out their is a Funeral Director/Mortician

Can't find truck drivers in the top 10 or 20 as one of the most stable jobs.

Edited by sjr09

Seems like you were mis-informed. The consulate follows the poverty guideline at the 125% level since you need to adjust status after entering the us and marrying. So for two people you'll need an annual income of $18,388.

That may very well be true...and I understand this makes more sense than the 100% rule since you do your AOS soon afetr marriage but, if you go to this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9 you will see what the GOV says:

"Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864"?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Maybe each USEM is different...I'm not sure abut Manila...but not a concern for me.

My question reamins though....were is the money coming from for this journey...maybe that person could co-sponsor

Edited by Scott & Annie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That may very well be true...and I understand this makes more sense than the 100% rule since you do your AOS soon afetr marriage but, if you go to this link http://travel.state....pes_2994.html#9 you will see what the GOV says:

"Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864"?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Maybe each USEM is different...I'm not sure abut Manila...but not a concern for me.

My question reamins though....were is the money coming from for this journey...maybe that person could co-sponsor

I highly doubt Scott wrote this reply. I don't think you Understand anything your talking about and Philipphine Guildlines.

You stated: I'm not sure about Manila and thats your Country. But, not a concern for me. (Well we all don't have a Sugar Daddy) I seen the Pic. But thats OK. But, try and help as I do, (I'm not always correct)

Manila. Your Country Young Lady will require 125% even though Not a concern for you.

Good Luck at the Interview and I'm sure you will get Approved.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

11 years how many different company's have you worked for in that time?? Unless you can say 1 or 2 don't talk about a stable industry.

I have a great deal of experience also over 25 years .

I'm not telling him not to go that route, but dont paint a rosy picture for him also. Trucking is a hard life style but it does at times have it's rewards. Just understand what your getting into. It's not for the faint of heart

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.