Evillina

Switching consulates Montreal -> Vancouver

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were just issued our NOA2 and are at the NVC stage in our application. I realized it would be much more preferable to have our documents sent to Vancouver over Montreal. I have sent an email to NVC, as well as the Vancouver and Montreal consulates. Outside of the I-824 (6months) is there an easy way to get this switched over?

I believe the beneficiary has to be in the area that the Vancouver consulate serves, which (as far as I know) is from Manitoba to BC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in Ontario and wanted to have our interview in Vancouver. We were told we live too far away. You need a mailing address within a certain area of the Vancouver Consulate.

I would have loved to have my interview in Vancouver, 1) they're faster and 2) I have 2 children living there, but as the others stated I live in Ontario and am out of their zone. Maybe I should have moved to Winnipeg during this process :blush:

Edited by Lise + Michael

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have a friend or relative that lives in western Canada, you can use their address and have your case moved to Vancouver. It is not the 'proper' way to go about it but people have done it. I tried doing this but by the time they got around to answering my e-mail my interview had been scheduled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.