^_^

Palin Lashes Out Against 'Grammatical Elites'

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Former half-term Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, launching a preemptive strike against her critics ahead of this afternoon’s release of approximately 24,000 e-mails from her abbreviated tenure in office, railed against what she described as “the Grammatical Elites who only look to dump on others because of how they write.”

The much-anticipated document drop, described by Juniper Toomey (an Alaska state official who spoke on condition of anonymity) as “Wikileaks Meets the Weekly Reader“, resulted from numerous Freedom of Information Act requests initially challenged by the grammatically challenged former governor. Palin – who according to staffers was obsessive about her privacy – successfully challenged initial FOIA requests claiming that correspondence sent from her personal e-mail account, as opposed to her official state e-mail account, were not the property of the state and therefore not subject to FOIA regulations.

Not to be deterred, those requesting the information – who Ms. Palin herself conceded were “smart little devils and just clever as the dickens” – then requested e-mails sent by the then ‘Mama Grizzly Gov.’ to the official e-mail accounts of other state employees, which are, of course, accessible under FOIA.

“While I’m sure there may be a couple of people out there who really are kind of scholarly academicals interested in preserving the accuracy of the historic record, I know there’s always going to be some just scanning my grammar and the use of spelling looking for as many ‘gotchas’ as they can find,” the visibly dismayed Palin told her colleagues during an exclusive interview on ‘Fox and Friends’. “No matter what I do there’s always gonna be those who don’t care or just plain forget that for 600 days I was the chief executive of the largest state on the Canadian continent and the one closest to where everybody speaks a different language. I don’t think there’s anybody out there who – under that kind of pressure – wouldn’t make a mistake themselves here and there, especially when you consider that 24,000 e-mails in 600 days means that I was computing an average of about 150 e-mails a day. Frankly, I just find it sad that a small group of Grammatical Elites would use their education and intellectualosity to put other people down by implying that they’re not smart enough to be President instead of trying to help the country.”

http://thedesperateblogger.com/2011/06/palin-lashes-out-against-grammatical-elites/

Note to the monumentally stupid (you know who you are): This is satire.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

mondo cool ! scholarly academicals

Language is a verra 'orrible, nastie beastie. One should master it first, 'fore taking it out for walkies.

Bush's elocution prof would be proud. (Prouder?)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Language is a verra 'orrible, nastie beastie. One should master it first, 'fore taking it out for walkies.

:lol:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

rofl.gifrofl.gif

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline
Supercomputer Fails to Translate Palin Emails into English

Not a Recognizable Language, Says IBM’s Watson

NEW YORK – Hours after the state of Alaska released 24,199 emails written by Sarah Palin during her tenure as Governor, a celebrated supercomputer created by IBM failed to translate the messages into English.

IBM computer scientists who work in the company’s language recognition lab were initially optimistic that Watson, the computer that rocketed to fame as a contestant on television’s “Jeopardy” game show, would have no problem cracking the code of Gov. Palin’s gubernatorial emails.

But the scientists grew concerned when Watson stalled after five hours of nonstop processing and billows of smoke began to emanate from the supercomputer’s vents.

Finally, Watson issued a terse “ERROR” message, reading, “Not a recognizable language.”

An IBM spokesman said that while Watson had failed in his mission, there was probably not a great wealth of information in the emails to begin with: “From a total of 24,199 emails, 24,195 of them were out-of-office autoreplies.”

For her part, Gov. Palin seemed unfazed by the news, using a stop on her bus tour to blast Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY): “In Paul Revere’s day, he had to ride from door to door to show people his #######.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah yeah, we get it. borowitz doesn't like palin.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My Barber friggin idolizes her..:blink: today his quote was "I wish I were half as smart as she is " this said after I told him I dont think she has the intelect to run the country... she will be getting his 2012 vote if she is on the ballot or not... :bonk:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.