emh836

Ireland pre clearance refusal vwp during k1.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, have been a VJ member for a while and this is my first new topic so please bear with me.

Have read the discussions on this topic before but just hoping for some clarity on this exact question.

QUESTION. What happens if you are refused entry under the VWP at Ireland pre clearance? (UK citizen awaiting packet 4 in k1 application.)

Stamp in the passport / entered into US immigration system / you withdraw application for entry and nothing happens?? As far as I have read it should not affect the k1 visa application.

Please help me out with the above question with as much info as possible..For eg if you haven't checked bags and you can withdraw application...do you literally turn around and walk off if they deny?

Thanks

Edited by emh836

K-1 Timeline

22 Nov 10 - NOA1

29 Apr 11 - NOA2

09 May 11 - NVC receive, medical booked

11 May 11 - NVC complete

12 May 11 - NVC depart & packet 3 forms sent

16 May 11 - Consulate receive package from NVC and packet 3 forms

18 May 11 - Consulate log electronic application from NVC

23 May 11 - Consulate log physical package and packet 3

25 May 11 - Packet 3 franked at US embassy

26 May 11 - Packet 3 arrives & MRV fee paid

31 May 11 - Medical

23 Jun 11 - Packet 4 received

13 Jul 11 - Interview

19 Jul 11 - Visa received & US entry

AOS & EAD

11 Aug 11 - Noa1

13 Sep 11 - Biometrics apt

18 Oct 11 - EAD approved - card ordered

1 Nov 11 - AOS interview

I'm not clear on what your question is....Are you worried about being denied when doing your POE? Are you planning a trip before your POE? Or were you previously denied and worried about being denied when you do your POE?

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not sure but think it should have no effect. If you withdraw it or you saying they denied you entry??

Would like to know the answer myself

Bump

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

I was denied entry at a Canadian pre clearance. It had no effect on my visa. When asked at the interview if i was ever denied access I told them yes. The reason was no strong ties to Canada. I had to sign papers, was finger printed and photographed (treated like a criminal basically) Then took my stuff and left. A few weeks later I entered the US with no problem for a visit. I had strong ties with me that time.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i have been to the US 26 odd times in the last 5 years on the VWP with no issues, this is one last entry on the VWP before arrival on k1.

But away from my personal circumstances I am just anxious to know what happens when you are denied VWP entry at a pre clearance location.

cheers

Edited by emh836

K-1 Timeline

22 Nov 10 - NOA1

29 Apr 11 - NOA2

09 May 11 - NVC receive, medical booked

11 May 11 - NVC complete

12 May 11 - NVC depart & packet 3 forms sent

16 May 11 - Consulate receive package from NVC and packet 3 forms

18 May 11 - Consulate log electronic application from NVC

23 May 11 - Consulate log physical package and packet 3

25 May 11 - Packet 3 franked at US embassy

26 May 11 - Packet 3 arrives & MRV fee paid

31 May 11 - Medical

23 Jun 11 - Packet 4 received

13 Jul 11 - Interview

19 Jul 11 - Visa received & US entry

AOS & EAD

11 Aug 11 - Noa1

13 Sep 11 - Biometrics apt

18 Oct 11 - EAD approved - card ordered

1 Nov 11 - AOS interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

No expert here . But think it. Depends on why your denied

Fraud yes it affects you later. No strong ties to home country .

don't think it will affect you later

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.