Amar & Bindu

Proof of citizenship

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am U.S citizen but i dont have certificate of citizenship, but i have U.S passport. How can i file the petition because in form I-129f there is coloumn for number of citizenship but i dont have that number. Please help me I am worried what should I do.

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you was born here in the us you don;t have one,if your a us naturalization citizen, that certificate has a number on it.do you have a copy of it, to get another there is a fee,you can take a chance put your us passport number there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for reply

I born in India and i got adopted by U.S parents. I dont have u.s citizenship paper i have u.s passport only. My question is my passport is sufficient for file the petition ?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for reply

I born in India and i got adopted by U.S parents. I dont have u.s citizenship paper i have u.s passport only. My question is my passport is sufficient for file the petition ?

I was in the same situation. I put my passport number on the form where it asked for naturalization number, but I made sure i indicated next to the number that this was my passport number. So on the phone i wrote: 123456789 (Passport Number). I didn't have any issues with this and we have been approved already. Everybody's different but you might want to give it a shot. All the best!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.