ECWilloughbys

Current London email code?

46 posts in this topic

The CD is your x-ray. There are no medical forms on there. Just a picture of your lungs. I could write a long answer why I think you're barking up the wrong tree, but basically Knightsbridge have no reason to file your records at their location because you will never be coming back there. That's why they hand you your x-ray CD because they would throw it in the trash otherwise. Did you actually have a doctor in the US say they would certify your blood tests if you got them or are you just guessing they might?

More later......

Yes, we had one doctor we called say they'd certify if we could show them the test results. Last week we had an InfoPass appointment and the woman said the same thing, to see if we could get the TB and syphilis test results and take them to the doctor with the DS3025. I honestly don't know what to do. If you think we're barking up the wrong tree, you're probably right; you seem to know a lot and are someone whose posts and advice I regard highly. If you have time later and wouldn't mind advising, I'd appreciate it a lot. (No pressure, of course.) I feel like a bit of a F-up and just want to make things right quickly.

Edited by ECWilloughbys

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Yes, we had one doctor we called say they'd certify if we could show them the test results. Last week we had an InfoPass appointment and the woman said the same thing, to see if we could get the TB and syphilis test results and take them to the doctor with the DS3025. I honestly don't know what to do. If you think we're barking up the wrong tree, you're probably right; you seem to know a lot and are someone whose posts and advice I regard highly. If you have time later and wouldn't mind advising, I'd appreciate it a lot. (No pressure, of course.) I feel like a bit of a F-up and just want to make things right quickly.

Okay back. I know Knightsbridge doesn't keep a copy of your exam. I've never known of a UK person successfully get a copy after immigrating. That's why I think you're wasting time on chasing down your results.

Your RFE says

You submitted Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. However, the civil surgeon certified the exam more than one year before the date the applicant filed the Form I-485. The Form I-693 must be dated within one year of filing Form I-485.

In order to process your application further, you need to submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS.

Solution #1 Pay to get a full medical exam with the entire thing done, including the immunization page.

-------------------------------

I said before I think they picked up your blank I-693 and saw no doctor information and hit the RFE button without ordering you A-file to get your medical results. It does not say get your immunizations part fixed. It does not say we can't find your medical. Lost medical RFEs say

A review of the records indicates that you entered the United states pursuant to a valid k-1 visa and all USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed, but the U.S. Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records. Therfore a new medical form must be filled out by a civil surgeon and sent to the USCIS.

I think your entire medical exam that you turned in at POE is still there and needs to be matched up with your AOS. I don't think they ordered it because they stopped short when they saw that blank I-693.

In case you haven't read the instructions to the I-693, on p.4 of the I-693 instructions it says:

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements.
If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report
, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693.

Your vaccination record was completed properly. Knightsbridge are spot on getting those done correctly. And you said you got all the shots. So the USCIS should have everything they need medically, but you threw them off by adding a blank I-693. And that brings me to---

Solution #2: Reply to the RFE with a statement:

I believe the attached request for evidence is in error. I was admitted as a K1 fiance and had a medical exam exam overseas less than one year ago and do not require another exam by a civil surgeon or a Form I-693. My examination was on _________ at the Knightsbridge Doctors in London, England. My A-file should contain my medical results, as well as a properly completed DS-3025 showing that I complied with the vaccination requirements.

May I request that you order my A-file to review my forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026. The only copies of those forms in existence were turned over by me in a sealed brown envelope to Customs and Border Protection at my port of entry. If the USCIS has lost my medical results, please advise me of such and give me an extension or time to repeat the entire medical process.

---------------------

That's all I have--two choices to suggest.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Great advice there by Nich-Nick as always. I would recommend trying solution 2 and if that fails, solution 1. It is worth a try though especially since your vaccinations were completed at Knightsbridge.

@Nich-Nick:

When I come to filing my adjustment of status, do I just submit a copy of my completed DS-3025 with the AoS package and not send in the I-693 at all? or do I send in the I-693 but without the medical parts completed? If I send just the DS-3025, do I need to include a letter explaining why I haven't submitted a I-693. Please clarify this. Thanks.

K1 Timeline

Engaged in Coventry, UK: 7-25-2010

Filed i-129F: 9-23-2010

NOA1: 9-29-2010

NOA2: 2-18-2011 *143 DAYS AFTER NOA1*

NVC Received: 3-4-2011

Consulate Received: 3-8-2011

Interview: 6-6-2011 *APPROVED 251 DAYS AFTER NOA1*

Visa in Hand: 6-10-2011

P.O.E at San Francisco International, CA: 6-23-2011

Marriage in Sunol, CA: 8-18-2011

Okay back. I know Knightsbridge doesn't keep a copy of your exam. I've never known of a UK person successfully get a copy after immigrating. That's why I think you're wasting time on chasing down your results.

Your RFE says

You submitted Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. However, the civil surgeon certified the exam more than one year before the date the applicant filed the Form I-485. The Form I-693 must be dated within one year of filing Form I-485.

In order to process your application further, you need to submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS.

Solution #1 Pay to get a full medical exam with the entire thing done, including the immunization page.

-------------------------------

I said before I think they picked up your blank I-693 and saw no doctor information and hit the RFE button without ordering you A-file to get your medical results. It does not say get your immunizations part fixed. It does not say we can't find your medical. Lost medical RFEs say

A review of the records indicates that you entered the United states pursuant to a valid k-1 visa and all USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed, but the U.S. Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records. Therfore a new medical form must be filled out by a civil surgeon and sent to the USCIS.

I think your entire medical exam that you turned in at POE is still there and needs to be matched up with your AOS. I don't think they ordered it because they stopped short when they saw that blank I-693.

In case you haven't read the instructions to the I-693, on p.4 of the I-693 instructions it says:

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements.
If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report
, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693.

Your vaccination record was completed properly. Knightsbridge are spot on getting those done correctly. And you said you got all the shots. So the USCIS should have everything they need medically, but you threw them off by adding a blank I-693. And that brings me to---

Solution #2: Reply to the RFE with a statement:

I believe the attached request for evidence is in error. I was admitted as a K1 fiance and had a medical exam exam overseas less than one year ago and do not require another exam by a civil surgeon or a Form I-693. My examination was on _________ at the Knightsbridge Doctors in London, England. My A-file should contain my medical results, as well as a properly completed DS-3025 showing that I complied with the vaccination requirements.

May I request that you order my A-file to review my forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026. The only copies of those forms in existence were turned over by me in a sealed brown envelope to Customs and Border Protection at my port of entry. If the USCIS has lost my medical results, please advise me of such and give me an extension or time to repeat the entire medical process.

---------------------

That's all I have--two choices to suggest.

First of all, I really, really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. My husband just read your post and said, "God bless this person for all their help when they don't even know us and aren't getting paid."

I'm inclined to go with your solution #2, and not just because it's the cheaper or quicker route, but because you're right, I think it's the answer that best dovetails with our situation and my previous mistake. We had all our ducks in a row; I just effed it up with my I-693 blunder. My only fear is that if they don't like that answer, they'll flat out deny us. I've read before that if you incorrectly reply to an RFE, your whole package gets denied. Do you think that would be the case, or do you think they'd reply and say "No, dummy, re-do your medical"?

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

@Nich-Nick:

When I come to filing my adjustment of status, do I just submit a copy of my completed DS-3025 with the AoS package and not send in the I-693 at all? or do I send in the I-693 but without the medical parts completed? If I send just the DS-3025, do I need to include a letter explaining why I haven't submitted a I-693. Please clarify this. Thanks.

My advice is send the DS-3025 only. Do not send an I-693 at all if Knightsbridge recorded all your AOS shots. I can't speak for other countries' panel physicians but Knightsbridge does an excellent job. Mexico doesn't. Canadian doctors have failed to sign the form. Remember that and don't let everybody else confuse you when the time comes. You can get a greencard without an I-693. We did and many, many others have too. I'm sure I told ECW the same thing---"Print this out and don't let other people confuse you when you get over to the AOS forums." If you want to include a statment similar to what I posted above, it couldn't hurt in case the contractor opening your package doesn't know their rules.

If you decide to pay for a civil surgeon to copy your shots, then don't send a copy of the DS-3025 with AOS. The new form becomes the document of record and the DS-3025 is old news.

First of all, I really, really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. My husband just read your post and said, "God bless this person for all their help when they don't even know us and aren't getting paid."

Thanks! I even called Knightsbridge this morning to verify they keep no records. I didn't think they did, but I don't like to post anything unless I've confirmed it myself from the source. (It was free. We have a Vonage UK phone.) She said, it is a third party medical for the embassy and not for one of their regular patients so they send everything they have to the embassy.

I'm inclined to go with your solution #2, and not just because it's the cheaper or quicker route, but because you're right, I think it's the answer that best dovetails with our situation and my previous mistake. We had all our ducks in a row; I just effed it up with my I-693 blunder. My only fear is that if they don't like that answer, they'll flat out deny us. I've read before that if you incorrectly reply to an RFE, your whole package gets denied. Do you think that would be the case, or do you think they'd reply and say "No, dummy, re-do your medical"?

That I don't know. I know they deny if they don't get the information needed for approval. But there is a difference here---you are informing them that they DO have the information they need to approve your case if they will get it from storage. And you are requesting to be informed again if they can't find the information. I can't say for sure what they will do. I think I remember who successfully challenged USCIS before to find their medical. I will look for that thread. Maybe more to come.....

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

My advice is send the DS-3025 only. Do not send an I-693 at all if Knightsbridge recorded all your AOS shots. I can't speak for other countries' panel physicians but Knightsbridge does an excellent job. Mexico doesn't. Canadian doctors have failed to sign the form. Remember that and don't let everybody else confuse you when the time comes. You can get a greencard without an I-693. We did and many, many others have too. I'm sure I told ECW the same thing---"Print this out and don't let other people confuse you when you get over to the AOS forums." If you want to include a statment similar to what I posted above, it couldn't hurt in case the contractor opening your package doesn't know their rules.

If you decide to pay for a civil surgeon to copy your shots, then don't send a copy of the DS-3025 with AOS. The new form becomes the document of record and the DS-3025 is old news.

Okay, thank you. Hmm...looking at my DS3025 though, I think I have a problem. All the shots have a tick that either says completed series or not age appropriateand the varicella says VH. The box for "may be eligible for blank waiver..." is also ticked. However...Tdap is ticked, but next to the date received there is a star. The doctor has written next to the star "pertussis not available". What does this mean? Is my Ds3025 complete or am I missing pertussis?? I'm so confused.

K1 Timeline

Okay, thank you. Hmm...looking at my DS3025 though, I think I have a problem. All the shots have a tick that either says completed series or not age appropriateand the varicella says VH. The box for "may be eligible for blank waiver..." is also ticked. However...Tdap is ticked, but next to the date received there is a star. The doctor has written next to the star "pertussis not available". What does this mean? Is my Ds3025 complete or am I missing pertussis?? I'm so confused.

Also Nich-Nick, can I be REALLY cheeky?? I was wondering if you could write a short statement that I could include with the DS-3025 that is more likely to get my AoS approved without needing the i-693. I know that's cheeky, and feel free to say no, it's just that you seem to be so good at wording! Something along the lines of how my DS3025 is acceptable because it shows my vaccinations are complete as required by US immigration laws and how I respectfully request they approve my application. Something along those lines, I'm no good at wording. Thank you so much for all your help!

Edited by Dan&Aylin

K1 Timeline

Really sorry to triple post, but it's not letting me edit.

Here is a picture of my DS-3025 Nich-Nick to help with your answer.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/wolves1989/DS-3025part.jpg

K1 Timeline

So you have nothing indicating you ever had pertussis as part of a DTP series? Did you get these shots at NHS or Knightsbridge? I know some NHS Docs won't repeat pertussis because it's not a UK thing to give but one dose as a child. DT is a booster without pertussis and is acceptable according to the adjudicator's field manual. My husband's NHS doctor gave him the full baby dose of DTP. Tdap is a teen/adult version with lesser dosage of D and P (hence the lower case letters.) I don't know about yours without any pertussis. Not routinely available might not be a good excuse because you can get it in the US. If you're daring, go with it. If you get an RFE, then go pay a civil surgeon to give you Tdap. It won't delay you but a few weeks. Once you're together, a couple more weeks isn't a big deal. And if you're not daring, then do the civil surgeon thing. Can you scan your DS3025 and blot out your name and email it to me? I'm better at visualising than imagining from a description. I'll PM you my email address.

OH---edit...didn't see your last post as I was typing my post at the time.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

So you have nothing indicating you ever had pertussis as part of a DTP series? Did you get these shots at NHS or Knightsbridge? I know some NHS Docs won't repeat pertussis because it's not a UK thing to give but one dose as a child. DT is a booster without pertussis and is acceptable according to the adjudicator's field manual. My husband's NHS doctor gave him the full baby dose of DTP. Tdap is a teen/adult version with lesser dosage of D and P (hence the lower case letters.) I don't know about yours without any pertussis. Not routinely available might not be a good excuse because you can get it in the US. If you're daring, go with it. If you get an RFE, then go pay a civil surgeon to give you Tdap. It won't delay you but a few weeks. Once you're together, a couple more weeks isn't a big deal. And if you're not daring, then do the civil surgeon thing. Can you scan your DS3025 and blot out your name and email it to me? I'm better at visualising than imagining from a description. I'll PM you my email address.

I just posted a link in a post before yours coincidentally. I had pertussis jabs as a child multiple times as you can see. Here's the link again:

If you could recommend me a statement to add with the DS-3025 in the AoS package it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Dan&Aylin

K1 Timeline

Really sorry to triple post, but it's not letting me edit.

Here is a picture of my DS-3025 Nich-Nick to help with your answer.

If it was me, I would go with that because you've got all those 1989-90 doses plus another given at the medical. And the doctor ticked "complete" for Tdap. So as far as this form goes, the doctor deemed you complete for MMR, Tdap and Varicella which are the three shots you need. It's your choice, and what you feel comfortable doing. The problem with civil surgeons is so many are clueless about K1s and insist on a full medical or charge too much. Most AOS is from people already in the US for school or work, so the doctors are used to immigrants needing a full medical full stop, and won't dicuss just doing the immunizations. It gets very frustrating to K1s.

Even the VJ guidelines say to get an I-693, so you don't have to believe me. But I have researched this for 3 years and followed up with people and I know it will work if you don't muddy the waters like ECW did with her blank I-693. VJ guidelines still say if your results don't say "complete" at the bottom then it's not good enough. You can read the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons and the Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians on the CDC website. It says the results section will almost always be filled in incomplete because some shots will not be medically or age appropriate.

The field manual that the AOS adjudicators go by says:

The officer should refer to the vaccination chart below and follow the guidelines provided in this section when reviewing the vaccination record to determine whether an applicant is inadmissible because the applicant has not received a particular vaccine.

If an applicant is inadmissible, the officer should determine whether the inadmissibility may be waived because receipt of the vaccine is “not medically appropriate.” The term “not medically appropriate” applies to vaccinations that are not age appropriate, where there is a medical contraindication, where there is an insufficient time interval, or when it is not the flu season.

That's where the blanket waiver box comes in. The adjudicator can waive some of the shots on the big long list because the doctor has marked them not medically appropriate.

I'll get back to you and your cheekiness :P It's lunchtime and laundry time and catch up on recorded TV. Hard life.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

As usual, nothing short of brilliant advice. I think I will just go ahead and send only my DS-3025 with the attached statement you have agreed to help me with (thank you so much again by the way) explaining how I meet the requirements. The worst that will happen is I will get an RFE and I'll have to get a civil surgeon to fill out the I-693 for me. If I need a full medical again, so be it. My fiancee is worth it! As you said, we'll still be together but the application will be delayed a few weeks, so it's not that big a deal. It might be expensive, but my fiancee lives in an area with at least 30 USCIS approved CS's within driving distance, so I should be able to find a decent price. Do you agree with me doing this?

I stand by an earlier comment by the way where I said you should work for the government...You know more than they do about their own procedures!! :lol:

K1 Timeline

My DS-3025 has the same thing re: pertussis, but my MMR is ticked and then in the Blanket Waiver Section, under Insufficient Time Interval it says:

"4 weeks".

I didn't have the money to pay for the jabs at Knightsbridge so had the Td and MMR done at my NHS doctor and emailed them to KB as per the KB vaccination nurse's instructions.

I assume since she filled it in under the blanket waiver section I should be all right - I HAD my MMR as a child but it will have been done at the hospital and it was not on the computer at my GPs.

I can go to the GP nurse and ask her to pull my paper records if that will help down the line.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

My DS-3025 has the same thing re: pertussis, but my MMR is ticked and then in the Blanket Waiver Section, under Insufficient Time Interval it says:

"4 weeks".

I didn't have the money to pay for the jabs at Knightsbridge so had the Td and MMR done at my NHS doctor and emailed them to KB as per the KB vaccination nurse's instructions.

I assume since she filled it in under the blanket waiver section I should be all right - I HAD my MMR as a child but it will have been done at the hospital and it was not on the computer at my GPs.

I can go to the GP nurse and ask her to pull my paper records if that will help down the line.

Hi David

So your DS-3025 also states "Pertussis not available"? and are you planning on sending just the DS-3025?

Me and you also have very similar timelines (sorry, haven't filled mine out yet). When do you intend to file your AoS? It'll definitely be worth us two keeping each other posted on AoS application results. Fingers crossed our DS-3025's will be good enough. I am hopeful.

K1 Timeline

The worst that will happen is I will get an RFE and I'll have to get a civil surgeon to fill out the I-693 for me. If I need a full medical again, so be it. My fiancee is worth it! As you said, we'll still be together but the application will be delayed a few weeks, so it's not that big a deal.

If I was doing it again, that's how I would feel. It just depends on how freaked out you get over things. I'm not a fretter. I never once worried that we would fail to get a visa or greencard. AOS was a total non-issue. I never checked case status but maybe once a month. I was just happy being married and in the same time zone. I don't know who will pick up your case or how well they've read up on their rules. But I think you've got a very, very good chance even with the pertussis comment. And what if they lose your whole medical file? Then you'd have to go back and do a full medical. I personally would wait and deal with an RFE if it came. So far no RFEs for us ever. We have a petition in for the 10 year GC since the first of January and I don't check case status on that either. It'll happen eventually.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.