jimmy&eloisa

yesterday the embassy mailed the packet 3

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my girl called the embassy today and they told her that yesterday 6-6-11 they mailed the packet 3. my understanding is that the packet was suppose to mailed to her being im the partitioner, but they told her that they mailed it to me, how does that work? or am i wrong? i thought that the packet was the instructions she needed for the interview.

also, i know from the Juarez embassy info and the phone call i made last friday to the embassy, i thought that once they mailed the packet that we can call in to get the information there and then to set up the interview date. you know instead of having to wait for the packet to arrive. they told her no she will have to wait till the packet arrives.

im going to do some research, sorry for posting a dull question, just want to make sure and get feed back from people who have already been here at this point. because i want to go to mexico this weekend to set up the interview date and pay for it, also i want to get the airline tickets and hotel reservations. so before i do that i just want to make sure so i dont waist a trip there. not that going to see my fiance is a waisted trip, but i cant miss to much work. thank you

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

?.............Consulate Received

6-6-11.....Packet 3 received

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-5-11.....ASC Appointment

7-6-11.....Interview Date.... Visa approved!!

7-12-11....Received Visa ... had to go back in person to get it

7-13-11....Enter USA

7-18-11....informal marriage certificate

7-23-11....Justest of the Peace wedding

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" -- ll Duce

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The 'packet' is only a letter. It will be sent to both of you, but usually only the petitioner in the US ever receives it. Mexico mail is just that bad. I just mailed the letter I received to my husband(then fiance) with all the papers I needed to send him for the interview. He used that copy of the letter just fine. Others have done this as well.

You can go here, which is where the letter directs you: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html to view and get started on the forms, if you like.

This is what they call their 'packet'. It tells you everything you need to bring for the interview: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk1iv.pdf

Note that there is a typo, and you need the form DS-260 that it mentions in the Spanish version. The English one says DS-160. That is incorrect. You will need the DS-260.

You can do searches here on VJ. There are quite a few posts about going through CDJ and the procedures. Good luck!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

hey thank you on your response, did you wait till the "packet" get to you before you set up your interview or did you call in after they sent it from the embassy before you got it? and i will search better,, i have been very busy at work.

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" -- ll Duce

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you can schedule your interview online before you have packet 3 and I think a few here on VJ did it over the phone too without packet 3.. just make sure you schedule it far enough in advance to allow time for packet 3 to reach you before the interview date

Timeline

hey thank you on your response, did you wait till the "packet" get to you before you set up your interview or did you call in after they sent it from the embassy before you got it? and i will search better,, i have been very busy at work.

Back when my husband had his interview, you did not have to make any appointments. So, I am no help with that aspect.

BUT.. nikolacolada gave you the info you need, so all is well :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

thank you very much for the info, im getting every thing ready, like i say im going to mexico to get everything ready. i appreciate the info!!

one more question, she does not need anything translated right? the accept her birth certificate and other stuff in spanish? anything that she will need to get translated before wee go, i cant think of anything.

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

Timeline

thank you very much for the info, im getting every thing ready, like i say im going to mexico to get everything ready. i appreciate the info!!

one more question, she does not need anything translated right? the accept her birth certificate and other stuff in spanish? anything that she will need to get translated before wee go, i cant think of anything.

She will not need her birth certificate translated for Juarez. She will need it translated later when you file for AOS after you are married.

Timeline

She will not need her birth certificate translated for Juarez. She will need it translated later when you file for AOS after you are married.

ook thank you very much, i think i have a better understanding of what i need, thank you.

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

Timeline

hey i have just finished paying for the interview, i set the date for the asc and the interview (7-6-11) and im trying to do the ds-260 but i cant find the invoice id number, i have the case number but i dont see any where on the letter they sent me where the IIN. do i have to call the nvc to get it?

never mind, Jay-Kay you have already answered me thank you..

Edited by jimmy&eloisa

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.