ThomasKendall

NVC Collect documents again?

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Just looking through the 'LingChe NVC ShortCut' as I usually do when I'm bored and trying to be pro-active.

Right at the beginning, it states that for the beneficiary this is required:

All documents that pertain to the applicant’s petition are required, even if they were previously submitted to the CIS with the applicant’s petition.

I am a little confused to what it is referring to here. Do I need to collect all the documents that I submitted for the I-130 again?

At what stage would i need all this for again? The interview?

Do they not get passed on to the NVC?

Anyone help clear this up for me?

thanks

Filling for CR1 Visa

USCIS: I-130 CSC

03/18/2011 - Mailed I-130

03/21/2011 - I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox

03/24/2011 - NOA1 California Service Center

03/29/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/29/2011 - NOA2 Received

07/05/2011- NOA2 hard copy received

Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

07/26/2011 - Case received by NVC

08/01/2011 - Received NVC Case # and IIN

08/01/2011 - Emailed DS-3032

08/03/2011 - Emailed DS-3032 (Again, noticed an error on the first one)

08/08/2011 - AOS Bill generated and PAID

08/08/2011 - NVC received DS-3032

08/09/2011 - AOS Status changed to paid - cover page printed

08/09/2011 - IV Bill generated and PAID

08/10/2011 - IV Status changed to paid - cover page printed

08/10/2011 - IV Package Sent

08/11/2011 - IV Package Delivered

08/15/2011 - AOS Package Sent

08/16/2011 - AOS Package Delivered

08/18/2011 - IV Package Approved

08/18/2011 - False RFE for AOS package

08/23/2011 - AOS Package Approved

08/23/2011 - CASE COMPLETE!

Case completed 55 days from your NOA2 date.

08/25/2011 - Interview date assigned

10/05/2011 - Interview - APPROVED

10/07/2011 - Visa Received

10/09/2011 - POE San Francisco

Finally complete in 205 days !! 6 Months 3 Weeks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It means exactly what it says--if you are required to send documents to NVC, you MUST do it even if you sent the same docs to USCIS. The one thing about the whole process is to ALWAYS follow directions even if you think they make no sense !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It means exactly what it says--if you are required to send documents to NVC, you MUST do it even if you sent the same docs to USCIS. The one thing about the whole process is to ALWAYS follow directions even if you think they make no sense !!

So true...and sometimes it feels like you just submitted documents so why do we have to send again??...many of the documentation for NVC is similar if not the exact same documentation you sent to USCIS but NVC requests it so we do it :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sometimes the confusion lies in 'basic documents', as well - you know, silly things like

--birth certificate of foreign spouse [

--marriage certificate

--divorce document of foreign spouse [

then there's the heated debate about photocopies vs original documents vs certified copies of original documents.

Whilst LingChe does mention this stuff, IMO, it's best to review the DS-230 info up at

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html read all of it, all pages, do a 'brain suck' about the documents.

but, let's boil down the words, a bit, yes?

It says 'applicant's petition' there, but I think is serious mistype,

as really it's talking about the 'applicants' application', which is the VISA APPLICATION itself.

documents needed for the 'visa application', or DS-230, normally consist of the civil documents on the foreign spouse. Many people submit the originals during I-130 submittal time, not knowing any better. IF you review that state.gov url thingie I posted, you'll see a list of civil documents that are required with the DS-230 submittal (Visa Application) so - look it up, make yer own lists, see what you sent off with the I-130 by mistake, see what you have in hand, see what you need to regenerate with the civil authority that first made the document, and go forth.

I think it would make more sense if the line read :

All documents that pertain to the Applicant’s Visa Application are required, even if they were previously submitted to the CIS with the Petitioner’s petition.

and yes, any document intake during NVC< those civil documents on the DS-230 DO GET CARRIED over to the Embassy with the casefile, but VJ writers have recommended to carry yet another set for interview day, incase something is actually lost between NVC and Embassy casefile transfer process. It happens, best to be forewarned and forearmed, rather than suffer a delay on interview day.

Good Luck !

====

[ = Not needed for I-130 submittal, many send it anyway

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.