I AM NOT THAT GUY

Half of Last Month's New Jobs Came from a Single Employer — McDonald's

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

According to the unemployment data released this morning, the economy added only 54,000 jobs, pushing the unemployment rate up to 9.1 percent. However, this report from MarketWatch suggests the data is much worse than that:

McDonald’s ran a big hiring day on April 19 — after the Labor Department’s April survey for the payrolls report was conducted — in which 62,000 jobs were added. That’s not a net number, of course, and seasonal adjustment will reduce the Hamburglar impact on payrolls. (In simpler terms — restaurants always staff up for the summer; the Labor Department makes allowance for this effect.) Morgan Stanley estimates McDonald’s hiring will boost the overall number by 25,000 to 30,000. The Labor Department won’t detail an exact McDonald’s figure — they won’t identify any company they survey — but there will be data in the report to give a rough estimate.

If Morgan Stanley is correct, about half of last month's job growth came from the venerable fast-food chain. That is hardly the sign of a healthy economy.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/half-last-months-jobs-came-single-employer-mcdonalds_573220.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

new ad campaign "eat a big mac and help the recovery!"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

We won't have to worry about China as competition; they are slowly taking over...scott.jpg

ronald-mcdonald.jpg

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

According to the unemployment data released this morning, the economy added only 54,000 jobs,...

That's actually false. The Weekly Standard ought to know better. The economy - as in private businesses - added some 83,000 jobs. The government - at various levels - meanwhile slashed 29,000. That leaves a net gain of 54,000 jobs for the country. But the Weekly Standard cannot make the point that private sector employment is growing and government payrolls are shrinking. That would be an accurate assessment but it would clearly go against everything they want to preach - that being that the only jobs created are government jobs. Well, what to expect from Kristol and Co?

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

That's actually false. The Weekly Standard ought to know better. The economy - as in private businesses - added some 83,000 jobs. The government - at various levels - meanwhile slashed 29,000. That leaves a net gain of 54,000 jobs for the country.

So then they created half of the net jobs created last month (private - public) or if just looking at private then 32.5%. Sad either way.

Why did the gov't lay off 29k people? I thought their jobs were very secure.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

The gov't has been slashing payrolls for all of 2010 and all the way thus far this year. Each employment report for the past 15-18 months has the same story - private sector adds, government slashes. You wouldn't know that listening to the reality divorced crowd over at the GOP propaganda organ FNC.

So then they created half of the net jobs created last month (private - public) or if just looking at private then 32.5%. Sad either way.

Those are all those "jobs" that the Stimulus Package created. Hate to say we told you so, but as soon as the 'Bama bucks dried up, so did those "jobs".

Timeline

The gov't has been slashing payrolls for all of 2010 and all the way thus far this year. Each employment report for the past 15-18 months has the same story - private sector adds, government slashes. You wouldn't know that listening to the reality divorced crowd over at the GOP propaganda organ FNC.

47b3a599-1823-4c04-bcee-5adc46411018.jpg

5e6a204d-8826-4ff1-b67f-33d557212796.jpg

You wouldn't know that listening to the reality divorced crowd over at the GOP propaganda organ FNC.

How can you confirm if you don't watch it?

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

How can you confirm if you don't watch it?

Because they have a site on the interwebz which I peruse.

He just says whatever he heard on MS-NBC. No thought process there at all.

That would be a neat trick watching MSNBC w/o cable or dish. Do they broadcast where you live? They don't here. :no:

Timeline

Because they have a site on the interwebz which I peruse.

You read and examine foxnews.com with great care? Really?

pe·ruse (pschwa.gif-roomacr.gifzprime.gif)tr.v. pe·rused, pe·rus·ing, pe·rus·es

To read or examine, typically with great care.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

You read and examine foxnews.com with great care? Really?

Yes, I read up on news on their site with the same care with which I read up on other sites - CNN, BBC, NBC, ABC and Der Spiegel - my favorite news magazine - and a few local and national German newspapers - Die Welt, Die Zeit, FAZ, Berliner Morgenpost and Der Tagesspiegel. I guess I could have just pulled a Palin here and said I read "any of them, all of them" but I wanted to be a bit more specific.

I don't watch TV on my computer. You get better information reading than watching any sensationalist somewhat news oriented entertainment program in this country.

Timeline

Yes, I read up on news on their site with the same care with which I read up on other sites - CNN, BBC, NBC, ABC and Der Spiegel - my favorite news magazine - and a few local and national German newspapers - Die Welt, Die Zeit, FAZ, Berliner Morgenpost and Der Tagesspiegel. I guess I could have just pulled a Palin here and said I read "any of them, all of them" but I wanted to be a bit more specific.

I am good with just P&R

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1