1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

I have some questions about the I-130.

I'am a US CITIZEN (wife).

To start off My husband and I got married at the end of 2007 and filed for the I130 at the beginning of 2008. My husband had a seperate case with his family for asylum (from Egypt) their lawyers messed up some stuff and their case was denied. They did an appeal and were denied again based on the previous lawyers information they over stayed after the decision was out for family reasons (they were going to leave after) unfortunatly my husband got caught and was deported back with a 10 year ban. I have been there with him ever since then. It'll be 2 years this year. He has a clean record, he never did anything wrong.

Our I 130 these whole time up till now we have heard NOTHING, no interview, nothing.

We would like to re apply for it here in Egypt. Is that possible?

How long would that take since their is one still opened in the USA. Are they going to transfer the old one or how does that work? How long would it take for them to issue us a I 130 interview?

Also is i know we would have to file for a I 601 waiver correct?

Advice and or any information would be really really helpful as I can not explain what its like to live in Egypt.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.