tc2010

We don't fight..... we hardly speak to each other any more.

132 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What can I say... hang in there.

At this point you can either

-try to find proof of fraud (btw, if her plan was to divorce you and bring the ex to the US - this will never work),

-or have an honest discussion with her as to what her intentions/plans are. If she is not willing to discuss anything, you need to get out of this situation... and get a good lawyer for divorce.

She had a sweet arrangement with her ex, I can tell you that much... she and the daughter were probably "registered" in this apartment, meaning he could not have kicked them out even if he wanted.

(No grown Russian man will willingly live with his mother)

To my understanding she lived in an apartment which was owned by her ex and was living there with her daughter rent free.

At the same time she was self employed as a freelance interpreter/translator. I'm not aware of the full details of the arrangement, but her ex provided her with a monthly allowance for living expenses for her and her daughter.

According to her the ex lived with his mother and only rarely visited the daughter. There were however numerous times during our video chats that her ex was present at the apartment "to visit with the 3 y.o. daughter.

I'm not sure what to make of the present happenings, she seems to be going to great lengths to keep the lines of communication open with the ex, while snubbing me.

I hate to think the worst of anyone, but since a rather nasty divorce from my ex-wife, the breakdown in our communication is sure not helping my own hypervigilance (or paranoia) as the case may be.

I would prefer to think the root cause is depression or some other malady instead of jumping to conclusions and assumptions of her sole motive for comming here is U.S. citizenship.

She is very well educated and would be a very valuable asset to any organization she chose to work for. She is a complete and incurable "social butterfly", very much my opposite. I tend to enjoy periods of peace and quiet away from the mobs and crowds. I can't fault her for that as a personality trait.

The lack of communications and the absence of any long term plans and goals sure has my nerves on edge at this time.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All I will say is I hope things work out for you "TC".You seem to me by your Posts to be a good Guy! :unsure:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pretty quite unfortunate.I think she basically doesnt love u from the onset and she has a mission aside u coming down to the states.

It might have had to do with her past relationship with men.i believe she devotes more time to her kid than.she just might ve used u as a stepping stop.

I hate to read abt artificial marriage,mayb its high time u told her abt ur willingness to let off the stress in the marriage.i dont see her wanting u as much as u do.

I agree. It sounds like she was on a mission and now that she's got what she wants (being in the US), she's not trying to hide it. :(

T7vMm5.png

05/09 - Met playing games online

08/21/09 - Relationship changed to more than friends

10/28/09 - 11/05/09 - Flew to Canada, met in person

12/16/10 - My baby flew into US to visit

01/26/10 - He proposed!!!! <3

03/16/11 - I-129F Packet Sent to Texas lockbox via USPS (2-day)

03/18/11 - confirmed delivery to lockbox via usps

03/22/11 - NOA1 issued

03/24/11 - Received email re: application was received and forwarded to VSC and NOA1 mailed out

03/24/11 - Check cashed

03/28/11 - Received NOA1 hardcopy by mail

03/29/11 - "Touched"

05/05/11 - Baby flew home :(

08/10/11 - NOA2 (07/21/11 - 08/03/11 - possible NOA2 estimated dates)

08/13/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received via mail

08/24/11 - Received email response w/ NVC case #

08/29/11 - Called NVC - advised our case is under additional processing :S

NVC Received : 2011-08-24

NVC Left : 2011-09-02

Consulate Received : 2011-09-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-09-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-09-14

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-19

Interview Date : 2011-11-03

APPROVED!!!!!!

POE: 12-7-2011

GETTING MARRIED 02-06-2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hey TC,

I would like you to test her and see if this marriage is just based on the green card. You will need to tell (email her) that immigration has contacted you regarding some error they found on your paperwork and would like you and your wife to make an appointment to correct the error..then you will see how her attitude towards you changes...

Is there also anyway you can find out why she spends so much time online? who is she chatting with? If she lets you access her netbook, then maybe you can check the history.

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

She spends most of her time online, I assume, writing on the forums or in chat. When she isn't occupying her time online she is "going for a walk" with her daughter in tow. She would like to find a job, but we have no sitter who can speak the child's language.

When laying in bed after waking up, if I put my arm around her and say "good morning", she takes my hand as if it were a dirty diaper, moves it off her and jumps out of bed with netbook computer in hand, retreating to another room in the house to go online.

Do you really know what she is doing on her computer? The answers to your concerns are probably there.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am from Africa, a Yoruba by Tribe. We have a proverbial saying that you dont judge a matter until you have listened to both sides. So am not going to blame any of the party for this problematic marriage. My first suggestion is that you two should pray together. Be positive and dont easily give up. I can read between the lines that you still LOVE her. And I am very happy about that. I am married but cannot claim to be an expert in sexual relations but i feel that for the fact she still wants to share sex with you is an indication that she still reserve something positive with you in her life. Sex is not just a mechanical thing between husband and wife. It is an emotional thing where one is actually sharing something special and sacred. Therefore, try this out please. When you wake up in the morning HOLD HER HAND AND INVITE HER FOR PRAYERS. Pray together and express your concerns before God and you will see the powerful effect of prayers in your life. Thereafter, KEEP the line of communication open. ALWAYS SEEK HER INTEREST FIRST and you will see the positive change. I hope this is helpful. I will pray in behalf of you tonight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Do you really know what she is doing on her computer? The answers to your concerns are probably there.

My money's on the EX

No easy way to say it . But time to send her packing long term nothing can repair this. Nor will it do the child any good watching her mother ####### herself for a GC

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wish I could offer you some good advice, but I have heard this story before. She had a life in her country before she met you and if she just married you to come to America, she needs to go back to her life. It is terrible that someone would do that to you, but it is very common so I am told. I personally will not let anyone take me for a ride. We go into a relationship or marriage to anyone and there is no guarantee, but if someone purposely sets out to hurt you, they do not deserve your concern. It is terrible for the child though.

WELL SAID. Sorry you have to go through this painful experience, specially when one has to go through so much to get their loved one here in the States.

I agree fully with the above advice. Please keep in mind, it is one life that we have, and your objective was to find happiness. Unfortunately it did not happen. Are you willing to waste few more years living unwanted and depressed, so she would have a place to live? or not have to return to her country of origin because there is nothing for her there?

You seem like a nice guy, who is thinking of her well being and her child, who is innocent in all this. She is an adult, who has chosen not to give your marriage another go. Therefore, my thoughts to you is at some point you have to consider what is right for you and reward yourself with some peace of mind and a chance to have a healthy relationship with another. Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sorry this is happening to you guys I hope you can work through your issues

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; I am sorry to hear this, and what I'm going to say may be over-reacting, but it just crossed my mind.

I agree with some peeps have said here. Maybe she wants to have sex (without emotions, *ahum*), in trade that you still provide a roof above her head.

But umm, what if you do that, because you love her sooo much and you always have the hope things will work out, she wants to get divorced after she becomes USC and apply for her "ex"? So they can all live in the country they "think" is like a dream for everyone.

Though, she said that her ex didn't visit their daughter often, but you said you knew numberous times he was actually there in his appartment she supposed to live in.

Forgive me if this message is too much.

All I can say, is that you have to talk to her one-to-one!! If she wants you to E-mail her (so she can go and sit in front of her real life, the computer), then you should know enough. This isn't what a marriage should look like...

This is what I always keep in mind:

MARRIAGE IS A PARTNERSHIP, NOT SOME ONE WAY STREET..

Good luck, and I hope things will work out for you :thumbs:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I am from Africa, a Yoruba by Tribe. We have a proverbial saying that you dont judge a matter until you have listened to both sides. So am not going to blame any of the party for this problematic marriage. My first suggestion is that you two should pray together. Be positive and dont easily give up. I can read between the lines that you still LOVE her. And I am very happy about that. I am married but cannot claim to be an expert in sexual relations but i feel that for the fact she still wants to share sex with you is an indication that she still reserve something positive with you in her life. Sex is not just a mechanical thing between husband and wife. It is an emotional thing where one is actually sharing something special and sacred. Therefore, try this out please. When you wake up in the morning HOLD HER HAND AND INVITE HER FOR PRAYERS. Pray together and express your concerns before God and you will see the powerful effect of prayers in your life. Thereafter, KEEP the line of communication open. ALWAYS SEEK HER INTEREST FIRST and you will see the positive change. I hope this is helpful. I will pray in behalf of you tonight!

While the sentiment behind this is nice, I sincerely doubt she'd be open to holding hands and praying, when she 1) prefers communication via e-mail with her spouse (and seriously, that alone is such a huge warning sign), and 2) won't even let him take her hand in the first place, as described in his original post.

OP, I understand this is hard, and I'm very sorry you have to go through this - but this is not looking good. Don't let your feelings for her cloud your rational judgment.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As someone who moved to the US, and took it very hard, I can tell you that having a hard time adjusting to a new life and what you are describing are two different things. After I got a job, made some friends, it did make a difference. I spent about 8 months fighting living here in the US & eating a lot of cupcakes. haha But, I did submit to the idea sooner or later and it made things easier for me.

But, if your wife is not willing to do things that will make her transition easier, then it's never going to happen.

That is just my two cents.

Hope it works out.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey buddy, trust me on this. You need to do 2 things. Open your eyes and cover your ####! She used you to get here. She played you. Since she was dishonest, you have no reason to treat her honorably. Don't just listen to the (sometimes useless) opinions found on this forum. Get an immigration attorney, notify the USCIS of her duplicitous behaviour, get an annulment and do everything to get her sorry #### shipped back to the country she came from. Nice guys are usually the ones who look like chumps in the end. WE don't need her kind in our country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I had the same thing basically happen to me but I got out of it as fast as I could and hired a good divorce attorney. She was recorded at her friends birthday party saying she married to come to the states. It happens everyone was as surprised as I was when I told them what was going on she was a good little actress. No she was not Russian but Mexican so you find people from everywhere that will use other people. You can not hold it against a whole country. I still love to go to Mexico and Mexican people. Just do what is best for you and do it fast. I would find out who is so important on the computer Im guessing the ex (like the others say). If you divorce her and decide to marry again know the whole situation about everything. No the age difference may not have been a factor but maturity might have been. Just my 2 cents worth and sorry for all the pain I feel for you.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.