Caroline + Angelo

DS-156 Electronic Form

43 posts in this topic

It worked for fiancée finally this morning. She was able to print out the DS-156 form with the barcode and everything =)

I hope it will work now for Caroline + Angelo as well.

I tried it this morning with Safari and it didn't work. I tried it for another time just now and it WORKED! Woohoo!

But stupid me, I forgot to fill in Nationality and I don't want to fill out the whole form again (like 8 times is enough, seriously) so do you guys think it's OK if I just fill in the nationality with a black pen?

Also, the form says it expires on May 31, 2011, which well was yesterday...I hope they still accept it but it's not like they updated it or anything. :bonk:

K1 Visa Timeline
01-12-2011 Sent out I-129F packet to Lewisville, TX, via Fedex
01-18-2011 NOA1
01-24-2011 NOA1 hard copy received in the mail [dated 01-18-2011]
05-12-2011 NOA2 (approved in 114 days)
05-18-2011 NVC received, new case number assigned
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-01-2011 Embassy received
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
06-10-2011 Packet 4 received
07-21-2011 Interview at 9:30am - APPROVED!!
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline
10-04-2011 Sent out AOS, EAD and AP application via UPS Overnight to Chicago, IL
10-05-2011 AOS application delivered @ 9:22am
10-07-2011 E-Notification via Email and Text @ 5:37pm for AOS, EAD and AP
10-26-2011 Biometrics Appointment
10-31-2011 AOS transferred to CSC
12-06-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - GC approved!!!!!!! (in 63 days)
12-07-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - EAD and AP approved (in 64 days)
12-12-2011 GREEN CARD rec'vd in mail!!!

Removing Conditions Timeline

10-19-2013 Sent out I-751 petition via USPS Priority Express

10-21-2013 I-751 petition delivered @ 12:12pm

10-25-2013 NOA received in the mail [dated 10-22-2013]

11-22-2013 Case transferred to CSC

02-05-2014 Card production ordered

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, the form does say type or use pen. Safest thing would be to have everything filled in by the website though. So if you got a nice chunk of time before the document actually needs to be prepared, you could just try filling it all out again at your leisure until it finally works and all the data is entered correctly. I don't know about Safari, but Firefox and Chrome usually store previous values of text boxes, so if you press the Down key on your keyboard when in a text box, it should pull up a list of previously input text. Either that, or typing the text sometimes allows the same option.

Doing the above also goes along with bringing up the form to see if they ever update it with a new version. You could pull it up every few days just to make sure it has changed. As far as I know, when they introduce new forms, they usually let you use the previous edition as well, at least for a while. Still, it's something to check into. DS-156K and DS-157 don't "expire" until 11/30/2013.

Regardless of what you do, I'd for sure keep the form you already have and go ahead and write the info in, in case you're not able to fill it out again viz. the web before the interview.

-----

Young Turp

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not working for me at the moment using Safari on the Mac. Anyone had any better luck with other browsers or operating systems? I don't have access to a PC except my work computer and I don't think my employer would appreciate me working on the application at work. I'll wait a while and try again later but I am a little concerned, is there some sort of customer service number I can call?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

No, having issues on it as well. I click continue, and depending on the browser, I get some form of this error message:

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

or

"Error 500"

Looking over the forums, looks like it's a common problem. Keep trying. I just leave the window open for the application, then I periodically refresh (my data stays in the boxes) and hit continue. They probably have an iffy server processing these, sometimes it works, sometimes not...

Timeline

Whenever I go to this website http://evisaforms.state.gov/ to fill out the DS-156, I get the following message displayed:

Your system may not meet the minimum requirements. The following problem(s) have been detected:

* Your browser does not appear to meet the minimum required version.

* You do not appear to have the minimum required version of Adobe Acrobat installed.

But I have the latest version of Firefox (on a Mac) and the latest version of Adobe. So I tried it anyway, filled out the form and clicked "continue" but after waiting for over 10 minutes nothing happened, no PDF file was created as it said it would so I figured it doesn't work.

Anyone know how to get around this or what I can do to make it work?

If I remember right it had to do with security and told me the encryption was not strong enough to fill it out online. Maybe go in and reset your security to a higher level then try it? I have Firefox as well and it worked for me but I think I had to reset the security.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm having the same problem, I've tried at home, at work, my fiance has tried on his two computers, everything is updated and we are getting an error message. I don't know what else to try.

Timeline

I haven't tried it yet but I saw elsewhere someone suggested removing all commas from your answers. If someone has programmed the web page poorly I can see commas tripping it up.

Edited by jft

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Tried everything suggested. The problem is universal. Anyway let's make lots of NOISE!!! go to http://www.travel.state.gov/about/contact/contact_4746.html to report the problem. If you have an interview coming up soon just use the fillable PDF: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/108128.pdf

Timeline

My US Representative's immigration person has been very helpful to us in the process so far. I emailed her Friday to inform her of this issue. She's been working immigration issues for 15+ years so hopefully she'll know who to contact to get things fixed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.