joe and korda

RFE after waiting 6 1/2 months

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today, I received a RFE from USCIS California. I really don't understand why we were not just

approved outright. I had visited my fiance 6 times in 8 months in Thailand. We submitted an

apartment lease with both of our names on it. I had spent more than 100 days with her in Thailand

prior to submitting our I-129F. I sent in many photos of trips we have taken to Phuket, Chiang mai

and Udon Thani. I sent in all copies of my airline boarding passes and copies of my passport stamps.

I just am very confused as to what more evidence I can provide to them. Has anyone else provided this

kind of evidence and then been asked for more evidence?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they are RFEing you for more relationship evidence it seems like you forgot to send any evidence from between the visiting. Keeping in contact throughout the whole thing not just being in person together.

What exactly does the RFE request?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

The RFE doesn't necessarily mean they want more proof of relationship. It could be any number of things..maybe you forgot to sign something, missed a line on the petition somewhere...it's possible it is something with a very easy fix.

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-07

NOA1 hardcopy: 2001-04-16

I-129F NOA2: 2011-06-28

The RFE doesn't necessarily mean they want more proof of relationship. It could be any number of things..maybe you forgot to sign something, missed a line on the petition somewhere...it's possible it is something with a very easy fix.

Thats a good point, did the OP actually get the RFE hard copy or just an email?

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

agree another person on here they were wanting the long form of birth certificate instead of short form...try to stay calm i freaked out when i got my rfe and when all said and done i had everything they needed in couple days..good luck to you:) :thumbs:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

agree another person on here they were wanting the long form of birth certificate instead of short form...try to stay calm i freaked out when i got my rfe and when all said and done i had everything they needed in couple days..good luck to you:) :thumbs:

oh ####### i am the petitioner for my husband i only sent my short birth certficate i hope i dont get an rfe

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today, I received a RFE from USCIS California. I really don't understand why we were not just

approved outright. I had visited my fiance 6 times in 8 months in Thailand. We submitted an

apartment lease with both of our names on it. I had spent more than 100 days with her in Thailand

prior to submitting our I-129F. I sent in many photos of trips we have taken to Phuket, Chiang mai

and Udon Thani. I sent in all copies of my airline boarding passes and copies of my passport stamps.

I just am very confused as to what more evidence I can provide to them. Has anyone else provided this

kind of evidence and then been asked for more evidence?

It would help if you defined what the RFE said. The rest of this is just wild speculation. Inky may be right but we need to know what they asked for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Who sends snail mail?

A lot of people still do.

You did not answer as to WHAT the RFE is.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A lot of people still do.

You did not answer as to WHAT the RFE is.

I agree with the previous poster. You need to define what they are asking for. From what you described this is not relationship proof. It can be something else.

Regarding snail mail - people do. I did. I sent cards, flowers, gifts. I attached copies of that.

Edited by san diego

Mirroring what essentially everyone else has said - What (exactly) does the RFE notice say?

(If you're assuming what it is, based on an email or status update, then it'd be best to say that and simply wait for the actual request - otherwise you will/could make yourself crazy in the mean time. :star: )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Who sends snail mail?

My fiance is in Thailand and I send snail mail to her all the time. Only 97 cents for an airmail stamp and she always enjoys getting them.

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

oh ####### i am the petitioner for my husband i only sent my short birth certficate i hope i dont get an rfe

yeah i did too and my rfe wasn't for that it was for more proof of relationship...so i don't get their rhyme or reason to their rfe's.. :bonk:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

First off, you did the right thing with primary evidence(passport stamps). I wouldn't suggest chatlogs at this stage at all. They prove ongoing relationship, NOT having met in person.

Secondly, do you have a copy of the entire petition? If so, go through it or perhaps have a family member go through it with you(if you don't know anyone who's been through this before). That's about the only things you can do until you have the RFE hardcopy. We had our hardcopy 5 days after the email but allow some time for it to arrive depending on where you live. USCIS can ask for everything considered important to meet the requirements - proof of you being a USC is one of them, another is ticking the right box or missing the passport pictures.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.