^_^

Nearly Half of Americans Are ‘Financially Fragile’

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm sure you've heard it before. National poverty guidelines are not very accurate from a regional perspective.

Also, my personal opinion is that wages should not limit couples especially for students etc. It would make more sense to just disallow the use of public funds for the immigrant until they get citizenship or they have paid in enough.

Let 'em starve under a bridge? Makes sense to me. Deporting them would cost the taxpayer money.

However...it makes better sense to raise the standards for admission rather than to resort to disallowing. Once they are over here we get stuck with them. Better to bar unqualified immigrants before we are stuck with them. Why import poverty when we have enough here already?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline

However...it makes better sense to raise the standards for admission rather than to resort to disallowing. Once they are over here we get stuck with them. Better to bar unqualified immigrants before we are stuck with them. Why import poverty when we have enough here already?

Oh geez, I agree with peejay. Someone shoot me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

never. we'll just make you sleep naked next to gary.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Me too.

For the first time I believe.

Something's wrong here!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

my gosh look at all the closet republicans in this thread! :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

my gosh look at all the closet republicans in this thread! :lol:

Screw you liberals. I'm the republican here, I'm advocating less regulation on spouses and then letting them starve to death. Personal responsibility and all that!

Edited by Sousuke

Wow, what a chip on the shoulder!

Sorry, can't relate or complain like this. Always been financially frugal and learned to live beneath my means. I've been a life-long saver since age 12 when I had my first job as a newspaper boy, and pops took me down to the bank to open my first bank account. Been saving for retirement for the past 25 years. With any luck, can save and invest for another 20 years and fully retire. around age 65.

Will give a nod to the opening article and link rant, that it is indeed harder and harder to make a living in America. Ya do have to budget savings into the monthly budget and learn about basic investing.

Good luck to all!

:star:

saving-money.jpg

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Wow, what a chip on the shoulder!

Sorry, can't relate or complain like this. Always been financially frugal and learned to live beneath my means. I've been a life-long saver since age 12 when I had my first job as a newspaper boy, and pops took me down to the bank to open my first bank account. Been saving for retirement for the past 25 years. With any luck, can save and invest for another 20 years and fully retire. around age 65.

Will give a nod to the opening article and link rant, that it is indeed harder and harder to make a living in America. Ya do have to budget savings into the monthly budget and learn about basic investing.

Good luck to all!

:star:

saving-money.jpg

Er what chip? I just provided a link per Lal's comment... oh wait your talking about the poster in the link, right?

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Screw you liberals. I'm the republican here, I'm advocating less regulation on spouses and then letting them starve to death. Personal responsibility and all that!

awww #######, i've been outed as a liberal finally! :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *