Violet Blue

Telling the truth on medical questionnaire (sexual health)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the advice, LookyWhatIFound, this may be what I'll have to do. I went through all my medical history with the nurse today and they have no record of it. The GUM clinic don't issue notes or records of any kind so all I would have is a note from myself.

Thank you for all the help!

Something like this is like many other things: of course you should answer "yes" but you shouldn't worry about doing anything else. I'm betting this is the kind of thing they will look at your explanation and not worry about. This question is more concerned with things like AIDs and syphilis. Just like the question about hospital stays doesn't mean there's going to be a problem just because you've ever had a hospital stay :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I'm new here but have been a lurker for a while reading all the excellent advice. I'm worried because I see on the medical questionnaire that it asks you if you've ever had a sexually transmitted disease. 7 years ago I contracted hpv (genital warts) from the first person I'd slept with, and having only slept with him once. We even used protection, but something they don't tell you is that hpv spreads with or without condom use!! I was quite traumatised by this, and still am to be honest, despite the fact that it was treated and gone years ago. This is something no one knows, I don't even think I've discussed it with my fiance to be honest.

My question is, do I really have to tick yes? And then have to attach the separate form going into detail? All the research I've found says that though hpv does lie dormant in the body, if your body clears it and you have no recurrences for 2 years you are considered free of it. It has been 7 years.

I was diagnosed and treated at a GUM clinic, and I remember ticking the form they give you that says 'I do not want my doctor informed of this'. Will this mean it will not be on my medical record at my gps and therefore I do not have to declare it?

I feel very anxious about having to dredge up all these details again :(

yeah u have to mention to the form that they will ask u to fill up, but show to the doctor about the result that u are clear already. I just had a medical now. and its just easy and quick, it took only 40 mins and even me i have a problem with my thyroid and i just show to hear my laboratory test that all are normal now, then she just accept it. they are nice and considerate. knowing that i didn't manage to give them all my vacination since i am not from england. it will be fine, dont worry....

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI VB

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I hope you and your BF sorted everyone out.

Did you go through with the medical and talk through the infection? Was everything OK? It seems the other posts suggest that this is unlikely to be a problem.

Best of Luck

xo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
HI VB
(Pssst!) You've answered a 6-month-old thread, and the OP hasn't been active on VJ since May 23. Everyone can appreciate your supportiveness, however. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never lie on anything related to your visa. As others have posted this is nothing to be ashamed of or scared to mention. As long as you explain the situation to their satisfaction you should not have any issues. I would attempt to get some form of letter stating that you are "healthy" (I apologize since this is the only word that is coming to mind at the moment) because it will ease YOUR mind about everything.

*** Zombie thread closed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.