32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

When Adjusting your status, did any of you receive more than one RFE?

I would love to hear that there is only one RFE but it is the Government that we are dealing with.

Thanks for your replies!

Naturalization
July 7, 2014 - N400 packet sent out
July 8, 2014 - N400 packet delivered
July 16, 2014 - Received I-797 in mail
July 25, 2014 - Received the Biometrics notification
August 8, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment
August 12, 2014 - In line for interview scheduling

December 8, 2014 - Text Notification for Interview Scheduled

December 11, 2014 - Received the Interview Letter

January 14, 2015 - Interview(Passed!!!)

February 6, 2015 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When Adjusting your status, did any of you receive more than one RFE?

I would love to hear that there is only one RFE but it is the Government that we are dealing with.

Thanks for your replies!

The number of RFEs people get is directly related to information that is missing for the case. There is no set amount of RFEs.

The govenment isnt responcible for the mistakes made in preparing the documents. Those that signed & filed them are.

Timeline

The number of RFEs people get is directly related to information that is missing for the case. There is no set amount of RFEs.

The govenment isnt responcible for the mistakes made in preparing the documents. Those that signed & filed them are.

Thanks for the response, but what I am looking for is if there is only 1 RFE for everything or the they send out 1 RFE per mistake?

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would say usually just one but it's not impossible to get a second RFE.

From what I've seen, they try to catch all mistakes in one RFE but I seem to recall at least one case, and I don't remember the specifics, where a second RFE was issued later in the process.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thanks for the response, but what I am looking for is if there is only 1 RFE for everything or the they send out 1 RFE per mistake?

Depends. Sometimes when first doing a quite review of the file to make sure everything is there they might only notice a certain document missing. Later on a more in-depth review they might notice more missing or something incorrect. Sometimes you might reply to the RFE and not reply correctly so you'll either get another RFE or they'll send you a NOID (notice of intent to deny).

What is the point of your question? Are you trying to find out if you'll get another RFE? Or are you trying to find out if they'll RFE you again for the same thing you were already RFE'd for? Context will help the question be answered properly.

Timeline

I would say usually just one but it's not impossible to get a second RFE.

From what I've seen, they try to catch all mistakes in one RFE but I seem to recall at least one case, and I don't remember the specifics, where a second RFE was issued later in the process.

Thanks! This answers my question.

Naturalization

Timeline

Depends. Sometimes when first doing a quite review of the file to make sure everything is there they might only notice a certain document missing. Later on a more in-depth review they might notice more missing or something incorrect. Sometimes you might reply to the RFE and not reply correctly so you'll either get another RFE or they'll send you a NOID (notice of intent to deny).

What is the point of your question? Are you trying to find out if you'll get another RFE? Or are you trying to find out if they'll RFE you again for the same thing you were already RFE'd for? Context will help the question be answered properly.

I think that my question is pretty straight forward. I wanted to hear from people who have had more that one RFE.

You did answer my question but is there a need to be rude and asking for the point of a question? I hope that you don't treat everyone that has a question that way! But thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply.

Naturalization

Timeline
I think that my question is pretty straight forward. I wanted to hear from people who have had more that one RFE.

You did answer my question but is there a need to be rude and asking for the point of a question? I hope that you don't treat everyone that has a question that way! But thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply.

I wasn't rude at all, I asked a direct question. It's hard to answer a question when there's no context. Your question was already answered by the very first respondent based on the OP, then you amended your question to "1 RFE for everything or the they send out 1 RFE per mistake?"

There are a few ways to take that question. I could take it that you're asking "I got an RFE for my medical, does that mean I won't get another RFE for my medical? Or can I be RFE'd for it again?" or the question could mean "I got an RFE for my medical, can I get another RFE for anything else?"

Had you asked any of those questions I posed above it gives context to the question and makes it's easy to answer... but if you beat around the bush, like you did, then it's hard to give you an answer straight away and leads to unnecessary back and forth which can result in you getting an answer that isn't actually correct.

You said "thanks that's the answer I was looking for" but it might not be the CORRECT one and using the words "answer I was looking for" makes it appears you're fishing for a specific answer, not a correct one.

Timeline

I wasn't rude at all, I asked a direct question. It's hard to answer a question when there's no context. Your question was already answered by the very first respondent based on the OP, then you amended your question to "1 RFE for everything or the they send out 1 RFE per mistake?"

There are a few ways to take that question. I could take it that you're asking "I got an RFE for my medical, does that mean I won't get another RFE for my medical? Or can I be RFE'd for it again?" or the question could mean "I got an RFE for my medical, can I get another RFE for anything else?"

Had you asked any of those questions I posed above it gives context to the question and makes it's easy to answer... but if you beat around the bush, like you did, then it's hard to give you an answer straight away and leads to unnecessary back and forth which can result in you getting an answer that isn't actually correct.

You said "thanks that's the answer I was looking for" but it might not be the CORRECT one and using the words "answer I was looking for" makes it appears you're fishing for a specific answer, not a correct one.

Title or the post is "Multiple RFE's Anyone get more than one?" No beating around the bush with that.

This is a discussion forum. I am curious if others have had more than one RFE. The only correct answer is from people's own experience.

Did you ever get an RFE? If yes I would love to hear about it. If no, then why post?

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Title or the post is "Multiple RFE's Anyone get more than one?" No beating around the bush with that.

This is a discussion forum. I am curious if others have had more than one RFE. The only correct answer is from people's own experience.

Did you ever get an RFE? If yes I would love to hear about it. If no, then why post?

Vanessa was trying to be helpful, as she always is. No need to get snippy. :blush:

Section 10.5 of the Adjudicators Field Manual deals with RFE's.

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1318.html#0-0-0-280

USCIS policy is to conduct a thorough evaluation of the evidence presented, and to request any additional information required to make a decision with a single RFE. They don't generally ask for information piecemeal, but they may issue an additional RFE if the evidence returned in response to the previous RFE either did not provide the information they needed to adjudicate the request, or the evidence returned raised additional questions.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I got my second RFE today :(

First was for 2009 tax transcripts, and this second one will be for my out of date medical i'm sure.

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Timeline

First was for 2009 tax transcripts, and this second one will be for my out of date medical i'm sure.

Wow! That's too bad! I hope that everything else goes good for you guys. Good Luck!

Naturalization

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We had no RFEs and submitted two applications.....so it is possible to fill out the forms correctly and provide all the required supporting documents. It isn't that hard....unless they lose something, then it isn't your fault (even though you still have to jump through the hoop).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Oh #######! Hope getting an I-693 isn't too expensive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.