Samoray

The rights of Israel

75 posts in this topic

You can go back and see the actual footage where the Israeli troops are getting yanked off their ropes and beaten by "peaceful passengers" before they even hit the deck. I'm sure its still on youtube.

Link it or up it please. :star:

I'm eating pizza. :blush:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: Timeline

You can go back and see the actual footage where the Israeli troops are getting yanked off their ropes and beaten by "peaceful passengers" before they even hit the deck. I'm sure its still on youtube.

That would only show the Israelis committed an act of piracy, and the victims retaliated. What is your point?

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

That would only show the Israelis committed an act of piracy, and the victims retaliated. What is your point?

It wasn't piracy under the Declaration of 1910, ships may be boarded if they show intent to run a blockade. The Turkish ship had announced it was going to Gaza. Therefore it showed its intent to break to the blockade.

This has been basic maritime law for about 200 years when the British began the policy. Many countries have used this including the United States.

It wasn't piracy under the Declaration of 1910, ships may be boarded if they show intent to run a blockade. The Turkish ship had announced it was going to Gaza. Therefore it showed its intent to break to the blockade.

This has been basic maritime law for about 200 years when the British began the policy. Many countries have used this including the United States.

#######? We talking about order of accession to the throne of Britain?

Article 1. A blockade must not extend beyond the ports and coasts belonging to or occupied by the enemy.

Declaration concerning the Laws of Naval War, 208 Consol. T.S. 338 (1909). link

I didn't know either any of the belligerents was a signatory of that agreement, and evidently, at least one party (IDF) did not even comply with the first article.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Timeline

It sets a precedent.

Art. 37. A vessel carrying goods liable to capture as absolute or conditional contraband may be captured on the high seas or in the territorial waters of the belligerents throughout the whole of her voyage, even if she is to touch at a port of call before reaching the hostile destination.

I believe UN Article 42 also allows for boarding in international water (I realize this is not a UN sanctioned blockade)- Think back to North Korea just a year or two ago. Here the US and other western countries did say they wouldn't board by force even though they were authorized to.

If anything this action has no legal definition, though clearly its in line with previous laws ratified or not.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know of one case where they didn't give any warning before attacking a peacekeeping ship monitoring communications in the area: The USS Liberty

Yeah that too, and you know someone will come up now and tell you, it was mistakenly hit by the Israeli Air forces, well what does that tell you, that they even talk to any one before hitting, No Way.

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Yeah that too, and you know someone will come up now and tell you, it was mistakenly hit by the Israeli Air forces, well what does that tell you, that they even talk to any one before hitting, No Way.

Not me, I think Israeli may have hit that ship on purpose and the US gov. covered it up. Though I don't think Israeli was trying to pull the US in as that link mentions.

My understanding was that the Liberty may have warned of the coming attack.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Not me, I think Israeli may have hit that ship on purpose and the US gov. covered it up. Though I don't think Israeli was trying to pull the US in as that link mentions.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

The USS Liberty's purpose was to monitor communications from all parties, translate those intercepts, and rebroadcast them in near real time. The US did the same thing with U-2 flights over the area, giving the photographic information to all parties. The intent of the US forces in the theater was to prevent any party from doing exactly was Israel did.

In a real sense, the failure was the Johnson's unwillingness to protect US assets from possible attack. The USS Liberty was inadequately defended. Of course, it was operating within six miles of the coast at the time...