Dumb/Dumber

Background checks 6 more months processing

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are a November filler, and havent received a reply, because we got a RFE, after the 5 months of waiting, even thought it is published on USCIS website that their goal is to approve the case in amx 5 months, this is not true. We got a RFE after the 5 months, if they were reaching their goal, we would have received the RFE before the 5 months, of course. But anyway, we are still waiting for the NOA2. Contact your senator, congressman...that will help. I've read amny different sucessful people received help from them and got approved in a short time.

K1 Journey - Vermont Serv. Center
I-29F sent: Nov-12-2010
I-29F NOA1: Nov-17-2010
RFE: Apr-19-2011
*I-29F NOA2: May-23-2011 - Thank you Lord!
Package Left from NVC: Jun-1-2011
Interview Date: Aug-5-2011
K1 Visa Received: Aug-10-2011
US Entry: Aug-12-2011
*Wedding Date: Aug-21-2011!!!

AOS & EAD
Applied for SSN: Aug-30-2011
*SSN received: Sep-09-2011
AOS and EAD process sent (USPS): Sep-26-2011
NOA1 sms notice: Oct-14-2011
Got check back of $380 for EAD: Oct-20-2011
$1070 cashed check: Oct-21-2011
NOA1 hardcopies for I-485 & I-765: Oct-21-2011
Biometrics: Dec-15-2011
*EAD received: Jan-6-2012

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

We are all trying to think positive and making plans for the worse case scenario. We also have thought of moving to a third country. It is so very sad that we are having to go through this. I wish that someone would do a reality show on this continued process. They would never run out of stories. Maybe it would make the government revise their system. My thoughts now are to be as positive in the relationship as we can. We have realized, after my breakdown this week, that we could possibly destroy our relationship over this pain we are going through. We are no longer focusing on how much we miss each other. We are trying to share more life experience through webcam and trying to adapt our life to our situation. I made him watch me as I had to empty a water reservoir on my portable AC in my bedroom last night. WE laughed and He crinched everytime I had to lift anything. He crinched when he saw the water next to the electric outlet. It was so nice to see how much he worries about me. He wants to be here so much to help me. We have such a time difference, bless his heart, he gets up at 4 o'clock every morning so he can talk to me on Webcam. He sends me facebook messages from the time I get up in the morning at 7 o'clock until he goes to sleep around 3 o'clock my time in the afternoon. Then he calls me on Webcam at 9 PM each evening. He is one special man. I will never give him up. He tells me that I will never get rid of him. He says that he is my problem now. LOL

We share many stories of childhood. He could not speak hardly any English when we met and now we can talk about anything and everything in English. What a special guy.

Why would I ever think of giving him up just because of a long wait. It is not our fault that the system takes so long. They need to check with other companies on how they process claims. I would for an insurance company many years ago before we had the technology we have now, and we were able to organize and process claims in order and quickly.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Good luck to all. Happiness is with the one with love.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

The cases in the Immigration Offices are taking long time after all the situations around the world (Egypt, Japan and Libia). That countries had priority in their cases and by that everything is running more slow.

My case had problems in the NVC. If any paper has an error they will request to u for send it with corrections and after u send it by next day delivery... they could take 20 days for just open ur letter.

Thank you for your reply. I noticed your husband is from Turkey. My husband is too. I was wondering why it took so long from your NOA2 approval date to get an interview. Is this just how is going to be for Ankara interview?

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

bump.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Perhaps check out GoGo's address book GoGo - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221091-uscis-contacts/page__p__3365596entry3365596

and see if there's an office/official you can contact ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Perhaps check out GoGo's address book GoGo - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221091-uscis-contacts/page__p__3365596entry3365596

and see if there's an office/official you can contact ?

Still waiting waiting waiting waiting. :bonk::bonk:

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.