hamtaro

managed to water damage my visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi, please plewase can you respond to my personal message I sent I need to know if yours had as much damage as mine, I have sent you the picture, I really am nt coping because neither the embassy nor the laywer I used are responding and the premium rate line is just giving a recorded message again, I can barely get through each day bevcause of the law on this, the law stating that I have to redo the visa because they to NOT reissue visas, I am dying over this mentally, can you please help me because I know the last thing I can do is redo this visa, it has been torture I cannot go though it again.

" © Duplicate visas issued within the validity period of the original visa. If the validity of a visa previously issued has not yet terminated and the original visa has been lost or mutilated, a duplicate visa may be issued containing all of the information appearing on the original visa, including the original issuance and expiration dates. The applicant shall execute a new application and provide copies of the supporting documents submitted in support of the original application.

The alien must pay anew the application processing fees prescribed in the Schedule of Fees. In issuing a visa under this paragraph, the consular officer shall insert the word DUPLICATE on Form OF155A before the word IMMIGRANT in the title of the visa."

I CANNOT DO IT AGAIN. SOMEBODY PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME.

Sure, you can do it again. They aren't referring to the entire process beginning with filing a new petition. You would submit a new DS230 and pay the $404 fee, then wait a few days for a new visa to be issued.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This forum is so middle class.

you seem disappointed

rofl.gif good for you... you least have an opinion. why not focus on your issue..? smh

"like I completely won't hate and despise myself for wasting upwards of $500 for spitting on a visa over 1/2 hour I mean I fling upwards of $500 on useless ###### all the livelong day"

bored..? thats a quote by who..?

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

Seriously I don;t think one person has ever in the history of this forum focused on the issue which is certainly

"Immigration is only an option for the middle class and upwards. The working class (sponsor) need not apply."

That you can fling around "hey you can chuck $440 at this and forget it" is some hurtful thing to me.

I grew up working class with no option to sponsor immigrant visas.

This is a concept completely alien to over 30% of the UK population!

Over $400 is a lot to lose over doing smething this stupid.

You say don;t beat on yourself well I have beat on myself and worse over this - over wasting this much money on a 1/2 hour mistake and yep, I hate myself.

"insert some dumb rolling on side facebook smiley here what is money"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

"everyone most completely has $404 to fling at some ###### so long as they're white and white collar" god bless the USA.

400 dollars is a lot money to anyone no matter there race. So your statement above gives me little reason to feel sympathy for you. Grow up and stop blaming race for your issues

Edited by Ironman140

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:blink:

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

400 dollars is a lot money to anyone no matter there race. So your statement above gives me little reason to feel sympathy for you. Grow up and stop blaming race for your issues

"White collar" is not a reference to race. It refers to the kind of work you do. White collar workers, generally go to an office to work, while blue collar workers do something more physical. It refers to clothing, not skin color or race. She's saying $404 is a big deal to her. When I told her what the fee was, it was so she would have the necessary information. I saw no need or helpfulness in editorializing how the fee would impact the couple. The point was the problem could be solved in days, not months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hot damn.

Hamtaro.

It is obvious at this point that there is nothing anyone here can tell you that would satisfy you. We cannot say with 100% certainty that the visa will be accepted with the damage it has, we can't say with 100% certainty that it won't be, and we can't tell you what the embassy will say. Most people here act and advice largely based on immigration law and regulations - and common sense.

Now, this is what common sense tells me.

1. If all the important numbers are legible and your photo is recognizable, I highly doubt the damage would become an issue. People knock over things all the time, and unfortunately sometimes in the close proximity of important items / documents. I recently spilled some OJ on my fancy Macbook Pro. Did it piss me off? Yes. Did I declare the end of the world as a result? No. I took it to the store, evaluated the damage, and decided the best course of action..

..which brings me to point 2. You have been told over and over and over again to contact the embassy, make an appointment, go there and have them look at the visa. They will re-issue it if needed. They won't re-interview you to get it re-issued. There might be some fees included, but the only way you will know what fees and how much is to GO THERE and ask.

Whether the face on the photo of your visa is white, black, yellow or green has absolutely nothing to do with this situation. Whether your annual income is $20K or $120K has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. You are being childish, over dramatic, and quite frankly at this point it seems you are here just to bait people to get into an argument with you. You poured something on your visa - tough luck. Man/woman up, and figure out a way to fix it. It is not the end of the world as you make it seem, it is not the end of your visa process, and it does not mean you have to go over the whole process again - as you have been told, countless times. Pulling in race and income as issues is absolutely absurd, and most definitely not helpful. This situation is probably pretty easy to fix, but you have to calm down and think this rationally. Calling the embassy in the state of mind you are in now is probably not a wise idea anyways, so either find a way to relax a bit, or ask your husband to call them. Seriously - this is not that complicated.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.