hamtaro

managed to water damage my visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I simply don't want to live any more I can't do anything right in my life ever, I'm the world's biggest screwup.

WOW, it was just an accident. Don't beat yourself up. Simply contact the consulate and see if you are still able to travel on it. If you are, then no worries. If you aren't, they will probably re-issue you a visa

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

WOW, it was just an accident. Don't beat yourself up. Simply contact the consulate and see if you are still able to travel on it. If you are, then no worries. If you aren't, they will probably re-issue you a visa

Good luck

I[m sorry but I've ruined everything. UK embassy are pretty much insistent that you need to do the entire process over again.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=344

I'm ruined.

Timeline

ummm...both those links told the poster to contact the consulate

that is what you should do.

Contact the consulate and find out what happens next

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

every single consulate seems to be telling people ANY damage even slight=invalid visa. My husband is refusing to believe them because these consulates get money for visas. We need help off people who may have got into USA with a damaged visa. I can't let myself ruin my life over this, but I have done. I can;t do the interview again, the stress has already reduced me to a mess. I need to go back ijn timer just one tiny afternoon's worth because I only got my visa delivered today, and I am functionally retarded.

simply cannot do the wgole process again, is this REALLY what I have to do just because I have tiny white dots on my picture? And not like the one person says they have just one, but I have lots of tiny ones.

I need an answer that says it will be OK because I can never forgive myself for destroying my life like this, it has NOT been an easy process to get this visa for me because of my brain disorder, I have been through absolute hell on earth and it has cost me thousands in psychaitric, medical and lawyer help. I can never, ever live with myself for being so retarded as literally drooling on my visa (yes, this retarded.)

I simply cant do this again. It will finish me. I'm already fairly sure I suffered a mild heart attack AFTER the medical (tightness in chest, lasted an hour.)

no amount of damage to the

20:20

visa in your passport

will invalidate it

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=344 says otherwise

THATS BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY

OFF GETTING PEOPLE

TO DO THIS ######

Who do I believe, this is what my husband says and I don't know what to believe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I need an answer that says it will be OK because I can never forgive myself for destroying my life like this, it has NOT been an easy process to get this visa for me because of my brain disorder, I have been through absolute hell on earth and it has cost me thousands in psychaitric, medical and lawyer help. I can never, ever live with myself for being so retarded as literally drooling on my visa (yes, this retarded.)

I simply cant do this again. It will finish me. I'm already fairly sure I suffered a mild heart attack AFTER the medical (tightness in chest, lasted an hour.)

Don't beat ur self up please, u need to breath in and out sloooooowly. Now pick up ur phone and contact ur consulate and tell him exactly what happened. Just call them but please be quiet and clear with them don't let them feel u panicking. Please think positively and don't think that u messed up before knowing the real answer from them. Please contact them and let us know cos I'm really worried abt u!! Best of luck and I'm gonna pray for u (L)

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Timeline

There have been cases before yours where something has happened to a visa - one person even washed his passport with the visa in it by accident. It will invalidate the visa that is in the passport only - it does not invalidate the process. You do not have to do it all over again from the beginning. You just need to contact the Consulate - explain that the visa has had water spilled on it and what can you do about it. Ask if you can come in and if they can officially cancel that visa and re-issue one that isn't damaged. The documentation has been damaged only - not the approval for the process that resulted in the visa.

You've come this far, you have climbed over many hurdles - not one is going to steal your victory away from underneath you at the last minute. You are fine. You are upset because this does mean so much to you and it is so easy to be afraid of losing what is important. Think how well you handled the medical situation. You can handle this just as effectively.

So, take a big breath, contact the Consulate, explain what has happened and ask them when you can bring back the passport to have the damaged visa replaced.

You'll be fine. Honest. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.