milimelo

DV2012 results have been VOIDED

29 posts in this topic

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1857622883?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGWqYgE~,KxHPzbPALrFGi6o0QhQY9IxyliWBJ3Vq&bctid=942119090001

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

• U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

• Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

• No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q: Do I have to submit a new application?

• No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q: Will you open a new entry period?

• New entries will not be accepted.

Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?

• Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?

• The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?

• We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.

• This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Seriously? I'm really hoping this isn't genuine, as if it is I've wasted loads of money FedEx-ing my package to KCC. I can't believe this...

Edited by Rearviewmirror

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Seriously? I'm really hoping this isn't genuine, as if it is I've wasted loads of money FedEx-ing my package to KCC.

http://dvlottery.state.gov/

It is true.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Great. Gotta say I don't fancy my chances of winning the lottery TWICE... Thanks for the heads up though, it wouldn't even have occurred to me to check the site again.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

yes it is true indeed, my uncle called me from Pennsylvania telling me he heard this on the radio...they mentioned nothing of this here in Seattle area. So I went and checked the website and indeed, there has been a computer error. This is a good thing I believe :P

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So sorry to any and all who were caught up in this. I just read the story on BBC, and I had to cry for those who had hopes and dreams dashed. I know the stress and anxiety of waiting.

Have not been back here in a long time, but had to come back to say I am so sorry to hear this news.

Will keep all in my prayers.

~Liza

10 Year Green Card Holder Since July 2009 --- Thank you Visa Journey!!! :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Having seen people leave the Lagos embassy and throw themselves to the ground at not getting a DV visa I understand how this can be. But I am also happy that the US has the integrity to make sure that the DV program is about diversity.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inappropriate comment violating TOS has been removed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

This is playing with the lives and dreams of tens of thousands of people...if they have some heart they should grant further processing to the people already extracted and proceed with the one on July 15th as well for this year; They could do that without problems by kicking out 50000 illegals to begin with and to make more space for the new comers. . .

Truly I can't imagine what a winner that maybe applied for the DV lottery for years and years and finally won is going through right now; I wasn't extracted and even if I'm gonna be extracted in July it won't change much since in the end me and my fiancèe already started the K-1.

I hope you guys are gonna be winners in July as well,I'm crossing my fingers for all of you

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is ridiculous. My father has been applying for 20 years, and now when he wins, it's invalid! How unfair is this? We've spent a whole week preparing the papers before sending them. And only God knows how exhausting the process was for us. I have no idea how such error could happen. It all seems fishy. And if such error really happened, where were they when the numbers selected were released? They realized there was such a monstrous error 2 weeks after the date of selection. How incompetent is that?

I understand their concern about the fairness of the process, but this is an unjustifiable error that has destroyed our - and many others' - long-lived dream. I don't think we can win again.

Seriously, somebody should sue them for that.

I don't understand that part either... If the machine only picked 22,000 people, shouldn't it have been pretty obvious something had gone wrong?

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I don't understand that part either... If the machine only picked 22,000 people, shouldn't it have been pretty obvious something had gone wrong?

They were supposed to get 100,000 winners from which 50,000 would be issued the visas. However, they noticed that, only 22,000 people were actually selected instead of the 100,000. That is far below the required 100,000 applicants. In theory, if all the 22,000 (of which my wife, myself, and my 3 brothers all won) were processed successfully, that would still be less than the 50,000 required. I believe they only voided it because they could not reach the target 100,000 and not because they want to be FAIR.

If they wanted to be fair, there is no better way than to process the 22,000 initial winners and then subsequently adding the remaining 78,000 to obtain the final applicant pool. Think about this: Department of state asked every applicant to be fair and submit one application only or get disqualified. People follow that. They ask us to submit the right pictures. Many did. They asked us to apply within a certain time frame, many followed that and then what do they do? They come back and tell us "We are sorry, you did the right thing but we messed up and our own computer caused the error but we have to punish you for that?". Wow. I am very sad for those who have already paid to adjust their status already (I see some on this forum).

People always said there is weight added to each applicant and I BEGINNING to believe it is true. How come I submitted 6 applications: one each for myself, wife, 4 brothers and only the 5 with either PhD or MSc won?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.