Milushka

, always check the official source to be right...

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all,

just wanted to share some thoughts. There was a VJ member, who have asked whether it's a good thing to introduce any russian language K1 forum to his fiancee.

Just heads up... I ve been myself following one for a long time, great forum, kind people - mostly women, awesome for giving a support, especially if your fiancee can not speak english well and use for such purpose visajourney.com.

Buuuuut the advice some Senior members give there doesnt apply to reality.

For example one lady was telling that K-1 holders dont need any additional papers in order to have a permission to work and people who gets EAD, do it just to be sure, just in case.

Another member was saying that in case petitioner needs a co-sponsor, he can ask a church he goes to - to be a co-sponsor :hehe: How do u like ths one... Church a co-sponsor... Correct me but I think ths is totally out of space...

But again as the supportive community they are great, its just make sure to check twice on other sources. I guess this does apply to VJ as well anyways,,, though people tend to correct each other more oftenly than there cause there more people in here for sure.

Just thought to share...

:ot: We are in semi final now :D Play hockey, not war B-)

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

:ot: We are in semi final now :D Play hockey, not war B-)

Yay! :thumbs:

Sorry for off-top, nothing to add. Well said :star:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

VJ RUB forum is best of the best. It is the only forum anyone should ever go to. Ever.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Lots of false information out there or worse still is old information from folks who went through the process but don't know that stuff has changed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes agree totally. I know my fiancée is on another forum. Good thing is most of them consult with their men in the US and most of us are on this forum. Best thing is a close communication with your fiancée on what is next, what to expect, and be proactive in removing any roadblocks for her. Remember guys, Russian women are traditional and expect the man to lead..so this is an opportunity to do just that. Show them you care enough to keep them informed and look out for their best interest and that of the relationship and it will all be very well!!

I know I do not need to say that to you guys, but I am sure someone else will read this less familiar

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Lots of false information out there or worse still is old information from folks who went through the process but don't know that stuff has changed.

Well-said! This is exactly why I always recommend using several sources not just VJ. I feel there are a lot of advices but not all of them are accurate and a lot of them are out-dated. If you really-really feel that this process is important for you, I always use multiple sources on every step (listed in the order of importance):

1) Government resources (USCIS, embassy, etc. depends on the step)

2) VJ

3) Lawyer

4) Common sense

For me personally they all have to agree completely before I take any step or make any decision. Using one single resource without others may lead to mistakes and delays. Lawyer is optional but if you can afford it and are paranoid it is a good option to supplement other resources. This is just my opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

i found the same thing to be true... the women on the russian forums are very friendly and supportive but their info is way off :-S

still on the lookout for any forum that has more than two female petitioners for male RUB beneficiaries ... ;-)

Edited by elya

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Peeps here are allowed to post in Russian aren't they? I see other regional forums on this board posting in whatever language. The Columbia forum comes to mind...South America or whatever.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Peeps here are allowed to post in Russian aren't they?
Si, man, but if people start doing that, I'd have as much trouble reading stuff in this forum as I do in the Latin American forum...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Si, man, but if people start doing that, I'd have as much trouble reading stuff in this forum as I do in the Latin American forum...

Agreed. Last thing I want to have to do is use that google language tools to start translating post on here. That and it screws it up every time. It gets even worse though when RUB's post phonetically using english letters. That can't be translated.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Agreed. Last thing I want to have to do is use that google language tools to start translating post on here. That and it screws it up every time. It gets even worse though when RUB's post phonetically using english letters. That can't be translated.
Interestingly (to me), a couple of the chief translation programs do a creditable job of translating English into halfway-decent Spanish, but the Spanish-to-English is a disaster. I had to abandon some penpal relationships precisely for this reason, sigh man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Interestingly (to me), a couple of the chief translation programs do a creditable job of translating English into halfway-decent Spanish, but the Spanish-to-English is a disaster. I had to abandon some penpal relationships precisely for this reason, sigh man.

What I want to know is why we don't have more RUB chicks giving advice like on that forum the OP posted about. We could use some more RUB chicks on this board giving support...morally and otherwise. :devil:

j/k...don't be thread banning me for making a funny on here.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Peeps here are allowed to post in Russian aren't they? I see other regional forums on this board posting in whatever language. The Columbia forum comes to mind...South America or whatever.

yes - regional forums are the only forums where ote (other than english) is allowed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Another member was saying that in case petitioner needs a co-sponsor, he can ask a church he goes to - to be a co-sponsor :hehe: How do u like ths one... Church a co-sponsor... Correct me but I think ths is totally out of space...

There is a large Bosnian community here, and those who immigrated (refugees by and large), were primarily due to two churches that were responsible for finding their sponsors. The churches were not the sponsors, but the appeal came from the churches.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

There is a large Bosnian community here, and those who immigrated (refugees by and large), were primarily due to two churches that were responsible for finding their sponsors. The churches were not the sponsors, but the appeal came from the churches.

The ROC and UNA amongst other churches and organizations have helped with pushing visa's for entire family's.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.