32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i see, so 2 i864's one from me sponsoring my wife, and another one from my dad doing the same right? sorry to ask so many times just trying to get it right.

Yes this is right. No problem, it can be a bit confusing for all of us not used to all this paperwork.

You are the petitioner

your wife is the beneficiary

and your dad will be the only joint sponsor

form I-130 was the visa petition

form DS-230 is the visa application

Form I-864 Affidavit of support

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Already addressed in this thread. You only need the above from Dad, if you need to combine Mom and Dad's income because Mom doesn't qualify on her own. If she does qualify, state and document only her own income, using a complete tax return, and pay stubs, not a tax return transcript.

First off wow I am glad this topic was posted. Since I thought I had to file I-864 and my parents I-864a

I am also a dependent living with both of my parents I will be using both of their income to file to meet the requirement.(Filed as dependent on their taxes).

If i am not mistaken I should file the following way

I-864 for myself

I-864 for my dad also? according to you pushbrk

I-864a for my mom

Will this be a joint sponsor case or co sponsor?

Edited by Faizan and Ruby

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes this is right. No problem, it can be a bit confusing for all of us not used to all this paperwork.

You are the petitioner

your wife is the beneficiary

and your dad will be the only joint sponsor

form I-130 was the visa petition

form DS-230 is the visa application

Form I-864 Affidavit of support

When trying to assist others, it's critical to actually provide accurate information. The I-130 is a petition for alien relative. It is not an application for anything. An approved I-130 grants the privilege to the foreigner to apply for a visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

According to this post my parents have to both file I-864a. which one is correct?

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__4522490

That post is wrong.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

That post is wrong.

Even though we share the same residential address?

I thought if we were using household members income we always have them fill out I-864A.

P.S I am a student with 0 income.

Timeline

Even though we share the same residential address?

I thought if we were using household members income we always have them fill out I-864A.

P.S I am a student with 0 income.

Then be a good student and read this whole thread. Hint: Post #9 addresses this issue.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

When trying to assist others, it's critical to actually provide accurate information. The I-130 is a petition for alien relative. It is not an application for anything. An approved I-130 grants the privilege to the foreigner to apply for a visa.

Sure, hence "petition" in my post. You mean to correct the word 'visa'

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Timeline

Then be a good student and read this whole thread. Hint: Post #9 addresses this issue.

Got It, I like your type of humor :D.

The only reason I wanted to clarify is because NVC still says he should fill out I-864A not I-864. Though I will take your word over theirs.

In the form I-864 should he chose the option Single joint sponsor and have my mom fill out I-864A?

I need to use both of my parents income to meet the 125%

Timeline

Got It, I like your type of humor :D.

The only reason I wanted to clarify is because NVC still says he should fill out I-864A not I-864. Though I will take your word over theirs.

In the form I-864 should he chose the option Single joint sponsor and have my mom fill out I-864A?

I need to use both of my parents income to meet the 125%

Yes if you need both parents' income to qualify, mom fills out an I-864a. The same would be true if they had a family business and couldn't otherwise separate which portion of the income was for a given individual.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Yes if you need both parents' income to qualify, mom fills out an I-864a. The same would be true if they had a family business and couldn't otherwise separate which portion of the income was for a given individual.

Wow you are a good mind reader too.

Yes, they own a family business ( through S corporation). Though the business is under my moms name.

I had one more question in regards to I-864. Let me lay out some info before I ask my question. My current family that lives with me includes

1.Father

2.Mother.

3.Myself

4.Sister(under 18)

&

5.Soon to be my spouse(Immigrant that I am sponsoring- Doesn't live with me yet.

-----------------------------------------

Part 5,Question # 21( I-864)

When I filled out the I-864 i came up with total 2 members (Myself and my wife) For household size

When my dad filled out his I-864 he came up with 5 members.

As you may notice I am being counted twice. Please advise how to work this out. In which I-864 form do i not count myself?

Attached are the images of how my houshold size looks like on the form, Ignore the highlighted area, no idea why that appeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------

post-100209-0-12723600-1306249035_thumb.png

post-100209-0-21748300-1306249040_thumb.png

Timeline

CORRECTED POST, had a minor error in previous post. MODS please delete the previous one

Yes, they own a family business ( through S corporation). Though the business is under my moms name.

I had one more question in regards to I-864. Let me lay out some info before I ask my question. My current family that lives with me includes

1.Father

2.Mother.

3.Myself

4.Sister(under 18)

&

5.Soon to be my spouse(Immigrant that I am sponsoring- Doesn't live with me yet.

When I filled out the I-864 i came up with total 2 members (Myself and my wife) For household size

Are the household members going to be added from my form and my dads? That would total out to be 7 members which is incorrect. My wife and myself being counted twice. He has be counted in for Question # 21D for dependent children.

Attached are the images of how my houshold size looks like on the form, Ignore the highlighted area, no idea why that appeared.

FS=mine & AS is my dad's

Please help urgent

post-100209-0-51083500-1306249381_thumb.png

post-100209-0-59456100-1306249385_thumb.png

Timeline

CORRECTED POST, had a minor error in previous post. MODS please delete the previous one

1.Father

2.Mother.

3.Myself

4.Sister(under 18)

&

Are the household members going to be added from my form and my dads? That would total out to be 7 members which is incorrect. My wife and myself being counted twice. He has be counted in for Question # 21D for dependent children.

FS=mine & AS is my dad's

Please help urgent

If you are a dependent on your parents' tax return, then you will be counted on both I-864 forms. The "don't count anybody twice" refers to an individual affidavit. Your "household size" is two and if you are a dependent, your father's household size is five. This counting of household size properly for the joint sponsor who is the head of household is WHY your father needs to provide an I-864 instead of 864a.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.