CaptMorocco

K1 Visa Expedite and further expedite

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Where you pregnant at the time you went for the Medical exam? I am assuming you were, but I could be wrong! Did they waive the X-ray because you are pregnant? Can we go get the medical done and the form filled prior to receiving the packet?

Thanks a ton for the information! I checked the consulate review - very helpful! Seems quicker in Morocco than other countries!

My husband was the immigrant in our situation- If you do a search on VJ regarding having the x-ray and (some) of the vaccinations waived due to pregnancy. I think they'll do the skin TB test on her instead. She'll still need to get the vaccinations done in the US before she can adjust status. It wouldn't hurt to send an email to the consulate and ask about it.

The doctor is going to want to see her interview letter before she is seen. You'll most likely have 3-4 weeks to get to the doc between the time she gets the packet to the interview, and the medical only takes one day- so you're in good shape.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wanted to add-

She is going to need a police certificate from anywhere she has lived longer than 6 months- this includes any cities in Morocco, and Dubai (if she was there longer than 6 months). She may have to go to the consulate for Dubai to get one, or send away for one, which takes time- that's something you could work on now. She'll also need to have a certificate of singlehood, which she can get in Morocco.

You may also want to check and make sure you don't need proof of your conversion to Islam- I'm not sure about this one, as it had no bearing on my situation- but I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wanted to add-

She is going to need a police certificate from anywhere she has lived longer than 6 months- this includes any cities in Morocco, and Dubai (if she was there longer than 6 months). She may have to go to the consulate for Dubai to get one, or send away for one, which takes time- that's something you could work on now. She'll also need to have a certificate of singlehood, which she can get in Morocco.

You may also want to check and make sure you don't need proof of your conversion to Islam- I'm not sure about this one, as it had no bearing on my situation- but I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it.

Thanks so much. yes, we are aware of the police certificate. She was married 5 years ago and we have the divorce certificate. As for the police certificate, my lawyer told me that she would get a waiver for the Dubai certificate as that requires you to be in person. I am going to investigate about getting one anyway, though I do believe its impossible to get it unless you go to dubai.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.