CaptMorocco

K1 Visa Expedite and further expedite

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Fellow Visa Experts!

I am engage to my fiance, who we found is also pregnant! Unfortunately, this was a little bit of a surprise to the both of us! Anyway, I moved back to the USA and she was still living in Dubai. It is illegal for an unmarried female to stay in Dubai. In her home country, morocco, it is also illegal. She was due for a medical exam in Dubai for her Dubai Visa. This would reveal a pregnancy. She could not stay in Dubai, nor goto Morocco. I went to a US Senators office, and they were able to expedite the K1 visa application via the USCIS.

On May 9th, 2011, I received an email from the senators office that our K1 Visa expedite had been approved. On May 10th, I received a text message notification saying our K1 Visa had been approved. I had to relocate my fiance to Istanbul, to avoid jail, and I have notified the USCIS, the NVC, the UAE Embassies, and the Istanbul embassies of her consulate change and address change from Dubai to Istanbul. I received acknowledgement from the NVC with regards to this. The NVC does not yet have the file from the USCIS.

My question is, what do I do to further expedite this visa? I understand that I have only expedited it at the USCIS level. Would I be correct if I:

1) Contacted the NVC and forwarded the Expedite request to help expedite the matter at that level.

2) Contact the Embassy in Istanbul, and also forward them the Expedite request.

3) Contact the senator and ask them to expedite it at the NVC and Embassy level.

The senator really helped is out. I went on May 5th to the office, and i received approval on May 10th. Our application was submitted on April 10th.

I understand al those out there who have been waiting months and months for approval. We are extremely lucky to have such a good senator to help us with the process. Our preferential treatment was given primarily due to the pending imprisonment of my fiance. I am currently paying a lot of money to have my fiance stay in Istanbul in a safe hotel.

I appreciate any and all input!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am engage to my fiance, who we found is also pregnant! Unfortunately, this was a little bit of a surprise to the both of us! Anyway, I moved back to the USA and she was still living in Dubai. It is illegal for an unmarried female to stay in Dubai. In her home country, morocco, it is also illegal. She was due for a medical exam in Dubai for her Dubai Visa. This would reveal a pregnancy. She could not stay in Dubai, nor goto Morocco. I went to a US Senators office, and they were able to expedite the K1 visa application via the USCIS.

On May 9th, 2011, I received an email from the senators office that our K1 Visa expedite had been approved. On May 10th, I received a text message notification saying our K1 Visa had been approved. I had to relocate my fiance to Istanbul, to avoid jail, and I have notified the USCIS, the NVC, the UAE Embassies, and the Istanbul embassies of her consulate change and address change from Dubai to Istanbul. I received acknowledgement from the NVC with regards to this. The NVC does not yet have the file from the USCIS.

My question is, what do I do to further expedite this visa? I understand that I have only expedited it at the USCIS level. Would I be correct if I:

1) Contacted the NVC and forwarded the Expedite request to help expedite the matter at that level.

3) Contact the senator and ask them to expedite it at the NVC and Embassy level.

The senator really helped is out. I went on May 5th to the office, and i received approval on May 10th. Our application was submitted on April 10th.

I understand al those out there who have been waiting months and months for approval. We are extremely lucky to have such a good senator to help us with the process. Our preferential treatment was given primarily due to the pending imprisonment of my fiance. I am currently paying a lot of money to have my fiance stay in Istanbul in a safe hotel.

Got some news for you- she'd have no trouble getting back in to Morocco. They wouldn't question her. Moroccan women's names don't change after marriage, so they'd have no reason to suspect she's not married. Even if they did stop her in the airport, contrary to what you've been told- it is not illegal to be unwed and pregnant in Morocco. It is frowned upon, but not illegal.

I don't know how you managed to get an expedite at all.

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Further expedite the visa? I mean, I am not trying to be rude, maybe I am a little jaded , so please forgive me. However, I think you should be grateful for even getting the expedite in the first place. It baffles me how they did not know for themselves that it is legal and ok for her to be in Morocco, but that is on them I guess. You have just however reduced your wait time around 8 months coming out of Morocco on a K1. Sorry the situation is burning a hole in your pocket with hotel costs, I guess it can't hurt to ask for any further expedite but I think that you are VERY BLESSED with the expedition you have gotten. People who are living in conditions of extreme danger are not even getting these kinds of expedites.

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Timeline

Got some news for you- she'd have no trouble getting back in to Morocco. They wouldn't question her. Moroccan women's names don't change after marriage, so they'd have no reason to suspect she's not married. Even if they did stop her in the airport, contrary to what you've been told- it is not illegal to be unwed and pregnant in Morocco. It is frowned upon, but not illegal.

I don't know how you managed to get an expedite at all.

That is simply not correct. It is illegal in both Morocco and the U.A.E. See this link: http://www.mrt-rrt.gov.au/ArticleDocuments/134/mar31637.pdf.aspx

While it is not enforced, it still is illegal, and the "threat does still exist". I'm not saying she would get arrested at the airport - in Morocco or Dubai, but if she went for prenatal care then she would require a Marriage certificate. She went in Dubai, and they told her to leave immediately because they are required to report it to the Dubai Police. I provided the senator with this proof, evidence of the baby, and two days later the 129F was approved.

So, basically, I was wondering about the expedite process at the NVC/Embassy level.

Timeline

Further expedite the visa? I mean, I am not trying to be rude, maybe I am a little jaded , so please forgive me. However, I think you should be grateful for even getting the expedite in the first place. It baffles me how they did not know for themselves that it is legal and ok for her to be in Morocco, but that is on them I guess. You have just however reduced your wait time around 8 months coming out of Morocco on a K1. Sorry the situation is burning a hole in your pocket with hotel costs, I guess it can't hurt to ask for any further expedite but I think that you are VERY BLESSED with the expedition you have gotten. People who are living in conditions of extreme danger are not even getting these kinds of expedites.

Yes - I agree with you with regards to us being extremely lucky about the expedite, and everything the Senator has done for us. Blessed as well, and I can see how people who had to wait the normal wait periods would be somewhat upset. But, our situation is different. She couldn't stay in Dubai where she was working, and was due for a medical test for her visa, so we had no option but to get her out of the country! See my above reply, it is illegal in Morocco. I provided multiple documents of proof to the Senator. I'm guessing you are from Morocco, and it is not really enforced. I was not aware of that, I was just ware that there would be legal trouble for her in both places, and provided those details to the Senator.

Do you really thing we shaved 8 months of the Visa? We are currently in Istanbul, and I was looking at previous processing times from NOA 2 approval to INterview date and its about 4 months. I sent an "Emergency Non Immigration Interview" request to Istanbul, and the approved the interview request. That turned out to be a false hope, as they don't do K-1 Visas in Istanbul - only Ankara. I'm hoping the Senator sends another letter on Monday to the NVC to get things sped up. Essentially, I may not have sped anything up by moving out of Dubai to Istanbul, despite getting the expedite, since the wait times in Ankara are really long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Like I said I apologise for being a little jaded. Thank you for not taking complete offence to that :) I hope that it all worked out for you and I do think even if I am off on the 8 months that you shaved off a lot of time. Anyways, I am glad that you are able to keep your fiance safe, at least there is that peace of mind that she is not stuck in Dubai where she could really get in trouble. Morocco just seems to be a lot more laid back when it comes to their "laws".

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Timeline

Like I said I apologise for being a little jaded. Thank you for not taking complete offence to that :) I hope that it all worked out for you and I do think even if I am off on the 8 months that you shaved off a lot of time. Anyways, I am glad that you are able to keep your fiance safe, at least there is that peace of mind that she is not stuck in Dubai where she could really get in trouble. Morocco just seems to be a lot more laid back when it comes to their "laws".

There's no law in Morocco that can't disappear with a few dirhams thrown the right way.

I lived with my fiance, unmarried, with a child (obviously Moroccan and obviously his), with no residency card, for 6 months in Morocco and never had a problem at all.

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

There's no law in Morocco that can't disappear with a few dirhams thrown the right way.

I lived with my fiance, unmarried, with a child (obviously Moroccan and obviously his), with no residency card, for 6 months in Morocco and never had a problem at all.

:thumbs::thumbs:

my hubby is Moroccan and he's never heard of an unmarried pregnant woman being arrested here even if it is illegal...he says that she just would not be allowed to give the baby the father's name....i have to agree with the other posts...sorry for the sarcasm but consider yourself lucky you managed to get this much of an expedite...some of us have had to wait 2 YEARS to get our SPOUSE to the USA

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs:

my hubby is Moroccan and he's never heard of an unmarried pregnant woman being arrested here even if it is illegal...he says that she just would not be allowed to give the baby the father's name....i have to agree with the other posts...sorry for the sarcasm but consider yourself lucky you managed to get this much of an expedite...some of us have had to wait 2 YEARS to get our SPOUSE to the USA

I also want to say that Morocco is not as 12th century as the OP makes it sound...there ARE shelters here for unmarried pregnant women where they receive food, clothing and prenatal health care....i also want to add that these women don't go to these shelters for fear of being arrested but because their families have disowned them for being unmarried and pregnant...you should look into this as a temporary option until she gets her visa and save money on hotel expenses in Turkey

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is my understanding that if you receive an expedite through USCIS, you can call NVC and request the case be expedited there as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

i agree with sara,granted in my opinion you shouldnt have been given the first expedite to begin with.

this is a serious deal,not just because of her home country's roles and laws,but culturally.its extremely rare in middle east to see an unmarried woman,pregnant and accepted by her family.

you should have known better considering youre also going through a visa process.but fortunately for you,im not a senator nor a CO,SO,in response to your question,nvc only takes a couple of days,nearly not even close to as long as USCIS takes,and about embassy,i suggest you dont bother spending time waiting on the consulate figuring it out,i think you should let your senator handle it.

PS: for what its worth,if she return,she wont have a problem spending her pregnancy there ( IF her family are accepting of their pregnant unwed daughter ),she just wont be able to give birth in morocco.

PS2: granting the expedite shows how uneducated senators and higher authorities are in the states

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Timeline

My Fiance and I decided it was best to go back to morocco and process the application there. My questions are:

1) Simply contact the NVC and notifying them about the Consulate/address change, is that sufficient?

2) Does anybody have a link to download the packet 3 for the Consulate in Morocco?

Timeline

My Fiance and I decided it was best to go back to morocco and process the application there. My questions are:

1) Simply contact the NVC and notifying them about the Consulate/address change, is that sufficient?

2) Does anybody have a link to download the packet 3 for the Consulate in Morocco?

1) Yes.

2) Casablanca packet 3 is not available online, it's mailed out once the consulate receives your petition. A list of the doctors in Casa is available in the "Embassy Info" tab here on VJ, for Morocco. If I remember correctly, packet 3 was just a list of what to bring to the interview, as there is no packet 4 from Casablanca. Also the interview letter.

I'd call NVC if I were you, and give them a heads up about your address change. The petition will be there for a very short time.

Have a safe trip. :)

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

Where you pregnant at the time you went for the Medical exam? I am assuming you were, but I could be wrong! Did they waive the X-ray because you are pregnant? Can we go get the medical done and the form filled prior to receiving the packet?

1) Yes.

2) Casablanca packet 3 is not available online, it's mailed out once the consulate receives your petition. A list of the doctors in Casa is available in the "Embassy Info" tab here on VJ, for Morocco. If I remember correctly, packet 3 was just a list of what to bring to the interview, as there is no packet 4 from Casablanca. Also the interview letter.

I'd call NVC if I were you, and give them a heads up about your address change. The petition will be there for a very short time.

Have a safe trip. :)

Thanks a ton for the information! I checked the consulate review - very helpful! Seems quicker in Morocco than other countries!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.