18 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all, I am the husband of a very homesick wife and she is pregnant also she wants to go home all ready. I have asked her to go places with me but she does not want to leave our apartment need help please

I'm sorry to hear that; It's pretty common among pregnant women and as someone else has stated here there's also the "adaption" factor to a totally different world. May I suggest the use of Omega3 supplements together with of course your support and an eventual professional one? Especially the one rich with DHA (prenatal formula like the one from NAturemade) - Pre-partum and post partum depression has been strongly linked with lack of this fatty acid that is essential for neurotransmission..the lack is due to the baby taking them from the mother so It needs to be taken constantly as a preventive measure.

Hope this will help

P.S. I STRONGLY suggest to avoid artificial medication like serotonin re-uptake inhibitors..that ####### should be banned.

Edited by Max1gk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just imagine, its just me and my husband. some would have atleast their husbands family to talk to living near them. that's all....

back where i came from, we use to have a small gathering EVERY sunday, with more than 20 of my cousins, less than 20 of my Aunts and Uncles.

more or less 30 of friends then now, its just me and my husband. BUT I FEEL BETTER NOW READING THE SAME EXPERIENCES FROM OTHER PEOPLE. :))

I JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH I LOVE MY HUSBAND. :)

AND I THANK GOD FOR ALL THESE MEN LIKE YOU AND MY HUSBAND WHO WERE GOOD PEOPLE AND UNDERSTANDS THEIR WIFE FOR THE NEW LIFE THEY ARE ADJUSTING WITH.

your wife must be so lucky too.

Good Lord. 20-30 is "small"? Wow. We have not had a visitor here at the cabin since last September. One friend.

Most Filipinos seem to like being around a lot of people. My wife would leave when people started gathering and go to her room alone instead. So for her this was a welcome environment. For you and many others it is a difficult adjustment.

Sounds like John & Marie are taking effective action.

That's really interesting Max1G. There's no doubt in my mind that pregnancy causes these mood swings because of wild changes in their hormones and chemical balances. So there has to be either food or medical sources that ameliorate those effects.

A little nooky usually helps.

Edited by rlogan

this will be a big help for her. a Filipino friend will always make us feel we're not alone. (of course you're there) but i mean in this strange country (for the meantime.) she needs you more today. always make her feel that you understand eveything.. this is the toughest days in her life. :)

yes I do. I hold her close when at home here and she is feeling up to being held now we have the morning sickness blues lol thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.