ghunt2121

DAS Reports in Colombia

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

There are two types of reports/documents that must be obtained from DAS in Colombia by my fiancée. One is basically a police report (Certificados Judiciales) and the other is a report that shows the number of times she has left and re-entered the country, at least for the last 10 years.

She has obtained both, but neither are sealed, nor do they look terribly official. I thought that I read somewhere, months ago, that such reports were sealed when they were obtained and had to remain sealed, only to be opened by the officer in the embassy. Am I dreaming this? Can someone point me to some official information on how to get these documents in the correct way and in the correct form?

Thanks

There are two types of reports/documents that must be obtained from DAS in Colombia by my fiancée. One is basically a police report (Certificados Judiciales) and the other is a report that shows the number of times she has left and re-entered the country, at least for the last 10 years.

She has obtained both, but neither are sealed, nor do they look terribly official. I thought that I read somewhere, months ago, that such reports were sealed when they were obtained and had to remain sealed, only to be opened by the officer in the embassy. Am I dreaming this? Can someone point me to some official information on how to get these documents in the correct way and in the correct form?

Thanks

When you request these documents from DAS, they usually ask you why you need them. When you tell them that you need them for a foreign embassy, they will usually give you two copies; one sealed and the other open for you to read. It takes about 3 days to get them, so try to request a new set as soon as possible. You can even ask them to have them available for you at the Bogota office if you do not have enough time to get them in the local area.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

My wife told me that it takes up to 15 days to get the certificate of record of traveling we are waitting for it .and yes must specify for embassy and it will come seal .

The Police certificate or Judicial they accept the new ones that are online .

Good Luck

We are waitting for the interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife told me that it takes up to 15 days to get the certificate of record of traveling we are waitting for it .and yes must specify for embassy and it will come seal .

The Police certificate or Judicial they accept the new ones that are online .

Good Luck

We are waitting for the interview date

This is correct. I'm thinking the police certificate your fiancée got from the DAS is valid. It used to be a little green booklet but about a couple of years ago they switched to the one you can get online. It's just a piece of paper with the applicants police certificate info and it will be accepted by the embassy.

As for the Certificado Migratorio (Certificate Movement Letter), she needs to tell them it is for the US embassy, that way they'll give her the certificate inside a sealed envelope which can only be opened by embassy personnel. They will not accept a certificate that's been out in the open.

Again, you can ask these questions and any others you may have in the Colombia Club thread. It is filled with information regarding the visa in Bogotá and many of its members still check it from time to time. This way you can guarantee that your question won't get lost in the sea of other questions being asked in this forum.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.