Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Adjusting of status what do I need?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello I got married to us citizen. Im in USA on tourist visa. I want to adjust my status but Im little confused which forms and all the evidence documents to send. Could you help me please? My wife is self employed in this time. Do I have to fill out any special form because of that???

so far I found

I 130 has to fill out my wife

copy of my wife's birth cert

or her passport all pages

copy of my birth certif with translation and notary apostil

copy of marriage certif

other proof documents as joint account...

form G 325 for both of us, both have to fill out

form G 1145 my wife have to fill out

fee 420$ send by money order or check

I 485 i have to fill out

copy of my birth certif. with traslation and notary apostile

copy of my passport with non imigrant visa

2 photos 2x2 identical color photos

G325 forms for borh of us

fee 1070$ send by money order or check

I 765 i have to fill out

copy of I-94 front back

2 photos 2x2

fee 380 $ send by money order or check

I 864 my wife has to fill out

copy of federal tax return including W-2s

copy of ScheduleC,D,E or F form

I 131 I have to fill out

copy of my passport biographic page, copy of visa page

explanation why im asking for it

G 1145 for me

fee 445$ send by money order or check

covering letter

Hope its EVERYTHING!!!! if you can think of something else or i forgot something please let me know. thank you very much in advance. have a nice day

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please read the guides, and the instructions - you have numerous errors - almost too many to even begin amending.


Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

601 is a waiver if you have a ban from entering the USA. It does not apply if you adjust status inside the USA.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.