Zesty

Bring my fiancee to visit America

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hey gang!

Searched, but couldn't find relevant info. Here is a brief outline and a plea for advice...

I am American. Met my fiancee (Chinese) on the internet more than 2 years ago.

Last September I came to China to teach English and see if there is something to our relationship. There is. We got engaged in December.

In order to appease her family and ease her concerns about a strange new country, we want to visit America this summer. We plan to meet my parents and family in Ohio, travel to Alabama to see friends, and attend a wedding in Portland, Oregon in July and August. I have the money for the ticket and will be able to show that I can support her during her visit.

She is a high school English teacher in China, but does not have tons of money in the bank and the school provides her housing. The school will give her a letter indicating that as an English Teacher a visit to the US would help her job. The letter will also state that she will start her next term in September.

I will have a letter from my college indicating that I will return to teach in September, also. Maybe I'll even have a copy of the contract.

We live in Changsha and intend to interview in Guangzhou, but recently I was warned that Tourist Visas for unmarried women in Guangzhou are few and far between because of the proximity to the province of Fujian. It was suggested that Chengdu would be a better option for the interview.

Her parents will not approve a wedding unless she gets a visa (presumably I would leave her to return to America if she cannot get a visa). Assuming we get the B2 this summer and she likes America we will get married and apply for a DCF in the future, but not sure when.

So, general advice on our plan is welcome as well as specific thoughts about Chengdu/Guangzhou for the B2 interview. Beijing and Shanghai would take too long to get an interview and are not being considered.

Thanks,

Z

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

which search tool did you use? what were your search terms?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

She will have to show strong enough evidence, where she would return to the home country.

There are possibility where she will enter US as tourist and then apply for AOS based on marriage to you and which can happen.

I think this advice is against VJ's policy, you are recommending the OP to commit visa fraud once entered the US, tourist visa is to visit only, not to enter and AOS.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Timeline

Search tool used and parameters:

I used the search tool in the upper right of the page. I did a variety of searches using a mix of the terms, "China, chinese, tourist, B2, Guangzhou, Chengdu, and the phrase *best way to take fiance to US on B2*". Additionally, I scrolled manually through the tourist visa forum back probably a third of the way (guessing 12 pages or so). I am also a member of ACFL and I am not an expert, but a little comfortable with researching on both forums regarding the immigration visas, but this is a new twist on the B2 visa.

She will return to China before September. We both will, we do not want to (I did not even think it was possible) to do an AOS from a B2 to a CR1 or K3.

As I mentioned, we just want a trial run with the B2. If all goes well, we will pursue a DCF at some point in the future.

We are looking mostly for info about B2 approval for unmarried girls in Chengdu vs. Guangzhou.

Z

Timeline

Follow the Guidelines for BeiJing, US Embassy -

see

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298314&view=findpost&p=4515286

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I fear that I have not been clear. I understand that this is primarily a site for immigration, but this forum is labelled Tourist Visas...

In China, we have the choice of having our interview for the B2 at any of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, or Chengdu.

Beijing and Shanghai will take nearly two months to get an appointment and are not being considered.

Between Guangzhou and Chengdu, Guangzhou is more convenient for us to travel to, BUT recent anecdotal evidence indicates that because of the proximity to Fujian Province, Guangzhou has a much higher chance of being declined.

This information is from a friend of a friend. And though he seems credible, I am asking for others to share their thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback regarding an unmarried woman having her interview in Guangzhou vs. Chengdu.

Thank you for your replies so far, but nothing has been mentioned in any post or in any thread that has been linked about either Chengdu or Guangzhou.

I understand that it will depend on the CO, it will depend on the supporting documentation we provide. What I am asking is...if everything else is equal, do you know of, suspect, or think it is possible that there is a better chance at Chengdu or Guangzhou?

Thanks,

Z

Timeline

IMO, is better at Chengdu.

Guangzhou is swamped with ALL visa types, Chengdu is not.

My link to BeiJing Embassy is SOLELY for your understanding of WHAT constitutes 'strong ties to China',

as SHE'LL HAVE TO PROVE UP, on interview day, STRONG TIES TO CHINA. You have nothing to do with that, it's all on her.

Helpful hint - bank statements showing over 120K USD and a 'free of mortgage property' title overcome a lot of silliness for a single female under 50 years old not in a tour group. Extra bonus points IF she's a gold-collar worker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.