Bad_Daddy

Russia demands punishment for Ukrainian nationalists

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

While I dont support Putin's government and the "program of making russians dumb to more effectively rule them", never ever I would let myself being washed by "FOX news Russia is the greatest enemy and occupant channel". Not enough pop corn for such sheite :)

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Those veterans who came together to celebrate 9th of May were inhabitants of Lvov, they didnt come from Russia. Those youngsters (seriously when i saw what age they were - its like " are u kidding me? they probably dont even know who Stalin was, drinking and smoking weed on the streets, thinking they are too cool to care, hiding their faces under the masks - because mother would slap if she would saw it on TV") caused destruction to their own city, hurt their own people.

There is should be no any excuse for violence, if you support those nationalists - you must have fallen for anti-russian propoganda because no adequate person will ever justify what happened in Lvov - the act against humanity doesnt have nationality just like fascism.

Iv'e stated several times on this thread that those hooligans deserve jail time. And like you said "fascism" doesn't have a nationality just like that other evil "communism".

To be honest though, I'm surprised any Soviet war vets from Lviv are still alive seeing how most all of those inhabitants other than the Jews fought against the Soviets.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Not hardly. Ukrainian has been stifled since the 17th century to the Ems Ukaz to the fall of the Soviet Union. I know several Western Ukrainians what weren't allowed to do homework in Ukrainian, nor did their teachers teach class in Ukrainian...it was all done in Russian. Russians had a problem when Ukraine pushed their language, along with Estonia pushing Estonian. A peoples language is a form of heritage and can be seen as nationalistic to some chauvinistic nations. Especially a nation that looks upon another nation as "Malorussia" and thinks it's the mother of all Rus. Ukrainian language was seen to be "Western Ukrainian" and a threat to some...like to Kiev and Moscow. Belarusians and Ukrainians didn't just "give up their language over night" to help the Soviet cause. On another note there are several schools and TV channels in Ukraine that are "Russian speaking", yet no Ukrainian language speaking schools in Russia. It's the same with Belarus.

How it was possible that some Western Ukrainians weren't allowed to speak Ukrainian, while people in Kiev and Kiev Oblast (that's where most of my relatives live) were totally fine doing their homework in Ukrainian and speaking Ukrainian at work, is beyond me. All of my dad's paperwork from Ukraine is either only in Ukrainian or in Ukrainian, but with some additional pages with Russian translation. In Kiev everybody, who grew up in Ukraine would speak both Ukrainian and Russian at that time and it mostly depended on people which language to use. Both Ukrainian and Russian were taught at schools - I know that for sure, I've seen my dad's school diplomas, that's the best evidence.

Russians in Ukraine and Estonia didn't like it when the governments started closing down the schools which taught both Ukrainian/Estnian and Russian. Why? For the same reason - they wanted to save their heritage. There are schools like that even in the USA, what's wrong with Ukraine? Concerning Russian schools - there are schools in my city, where they teach Ukrainian. They also teach Ukrainian in the university where I study. There is about 4-5 Ukrainian-speaking channels and 2-3 Belarusian channels on TV. I can watch them all the time if I want to, so it's a lot better then you might think.

Fun fact - southern territories of Voronezh Oblast always were and are Ukrainian speaking. In 1920s the government passed a law that they should do the paperwork there in Ukrainian, but apparently people didn't want to, and they were breaking the law all the time. Just recently I was told a story, when a guy from the same place was asked if he wanted his kids to attend a Ukrainian school, and the guy answered (in Ukrainian) "Нi, навiщо? Наша мова вiд україньской дуже відрізняеться"/"No, what for? Our language differs from Ukrainian a lot" :lol: Funny, huh?

Millions died because of Communism, but Russia faired better than most. It was the Kremlin calling the shots, it was the Kremlin who gave the orders. Moscow still does not acknowledge Holodomor when millions were starved and food was shipped to Moscow. Russia still has not formally apologized to the peoples of the Baltics for invading and occupying their nations while shipping thousands of them east in cattle cars to an almost sure death. Russia just only a few years ago acknowledged Katyn Forest Massacre even though it refuses to release all files in the matter and it wasn't all that long ago Russia finally acknowledged the Molotov - Ribbentrop Pact and supplying NAZI Germany with fuel, materials and a naval base. And for those parades with the Soviet National Anthem now known as the Russian National Anthem...ya go figure eh. How long ago was it before Lenin was finally buried ?

Holodomor is widely known in Russia, but in fact, people in other parts of the USSR were dieing too. It was not about the nation, it was about the most fertile regions - the majority of fatalities occured in those regions, including Ukraine.

And again - "Kremlin" doesn not mean "Russian". Look it up on wiki, who is responsible for what happened. There were Ukrainian politicians, who are to blame for Holodomor, some Russian and one Georgian. I don't think they cared about Russian people, they cared about themselves only. Why do you want to blame some Russian people, who didn't live on the most fertile land and therefore didn't die of starvation?

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.